Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Maritime YMCA Organization

Go down 
+6
Eric
Ghost Rider
Surfnrg
hallmarkgrad
Joanimaroni
SheSurfs
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Maritime YMCA Organization Empty
PostSubject: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:47 pm

http://www.maritimey.org

I knew this was coming but does anyone besides me see a problem with this group not identifying who they are or whether or not they have the support of the local YMCA?

Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:53 pm

They are pushing the location of the Y (@Studerville)....nothing more.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 4:02 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
http://www.maritimey.org

I knew this was coming but does anyone besides me see a problem with this group not identifying who they are or whether or not they have the support of the local YMCA?

You are correct. I find the lack of any real news is interesting. Stooders dead line has come and gone. The Y has not even started their fund raising. Looks like another big Hoax
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:12 pm

The park is ours we are ALEADY guranteed acess. Also this looks incredibly like the last PR campaign.

Dont get me wrong what is there is infinitely better than weeds and vagrants. The problem is we never got what we the public who is footing this bill in the end was promised. And until we get that i am not helping with any more campaigns. Period.

Also where will people who want to park on game nights park????
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 5:39 pm

At least we can be thankful that Seaoat isnt coming over here telling us his lies bout how great the Maritime Park is.

Lol
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:03 pm

The City of Pensacola owned the property when it was full of weeds and vagrants. It begs the question of why did the city let the site become deplorable?. Damn it is right across the street from city hall. No one ever thought "Hey this looks like hell, send some workers over there and clean it up" This entire event was staged a long time ago. This is just Phase 1. I wager there is much more to come.

I like Mr Oats. I wish he would join us here.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:45 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
The City of Pensacola owned the property when it was full of weeds and vagrants. It begs the question of why did the city let the site become deplorable?. Damn it is right across the street from city hall. No one ever thought "Hey this looks like hell, send some workers over there and clean it up" This entire event was staged a long time ago. This is just Phase 1. I wager there is much more to come.

I was having a discussion with him today over at PDF and he mentioned how he misses your there. I invited him to join our discussions here. He did not reply to that post.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:14 pm

It is an asset for the city if put to full potential it will produce a positive cash flow

And be a great public space.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:17 pm

Thank you. I dont have anything against Mr Oats. He is a good person. I just find the format and vile comments on the other forum disgusting. He has many valid points and speaks for many people. I think we just like to argue and match wits. All is good.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:26 pm

If they put in first class amenities, like nice bathrooms and either a pavillion or covered picnic shelters, it could be a first class PARK that could host world-class festivals and concerts... things that the general populace can use all the time.

Y'know, this IS a frigging PARK!

Why not do something there that offers the public something that is good for ALL the people... instead of just baseball ticket holders and YMCA members? Pensacola is so damn backward that it makes me want to scream...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:28 pm

whowherewhy wrote:
It is an asset for the city if put to full potential it will produce a positive cash flow

And be a great public space.

I agree but it appears that too much time and effort has been spent to make it something else. Just a thought but Mr Studer may have been set up to be the bad guy. Time will tell. Councilman Bare seems to be challenging the status quo. There is a chance that the entire deal might implode. Things are too quiet.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:37 pm

Eric wrote:
If they put in first class amenities, like nice bathrooms and either a pavillion or covered picnic shelters, it could be a first class PARK that could host world-class festivals and concerts... things that the general populace can use all the time.

Why not do something there that offers the public something that is good for ALL the people... instead of just baseball ticket holders and YMCA members? Pensacola is so damn backward that it makes me want to scream...

That might be on hand for the port if the condos builders/Levin Inc dont wrap up the place first. The development of the Port if done correctly, would make Pensacola a truly unique and first class city, but given our track record, I doubt if anything good will come out of it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 7:55 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Eric wrote:

That might be on hand for the port if the condos builders/Levin Inc dont wrap up the place first. The development of the Port if done correctly, would make Pensacola a truly unique and first class city, but given our track record, I doubt if anything good will come out of it.

Pensacola port could support a cruise line if the big Whigs would get off their ass and do something. But like you said above, I doubt if anything good will ever come of it.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:06 pm

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
Pensacola port could support a cruise line if the big Whigs would get off their ass and do something. But like you said above, I doubt if anything good will ever come of it.

Pensacola would be great for a cruise line because few ports have quick access to open water. Mobile and New Orleans, for instance, are many miles to open water. Pensacola's access to open water is almost unprecedented.
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 8:53 pm

I wish they had thought about people and built a road all the way around the perimeter with parking so people could sit in their cars and look at the water.
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:05 pm

Questions:

Who is behind this website and the mailings that are going around town? It is highly suspect.

Why did the PNJ put that advertisement on the SAME page as the pro-park opinion page and NOT the oppositions page? It reeks of behind the scene collaboration between the paper and Studer's PR team.

Why has Quint put a rushed deadline on the acceptance of the $5K?

If he is pro-YMCA, why not put it on the west side where it is sorely needed and has been debated for some time?

What is the YMCA's stand on this project given there is an operational Y?

Where is Quint's parking place so I can double park behind it to get my workout in on game nights?

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:11 pm

Here is the domain name info from a Whois search.

Domain name: MARITIMEY.COM

Registrant Contact:
Appleyard Agency
R Joseph Vinson ()

Fax:
4400 Bayou Blvd.
Ste. 34
Pensacola, FL 32503
US

Administrative Contact:
Appleyard Agency
R Joseph Vinson (joe@appleyardagency.com)
+1.8504942194
Fax:
4400 Bayou Blvd.
Ste. 34
Pensacola, FL 32503
US

Technical Contact:
Appleyard Agency
R Joseph Vinson (joe@appleyardagency.com)
+1.8504942194
Fax:
4400 Bayou Blvd.
Ste. 34
Pensacola, FL 32503
US

Name Servers:
ns1.akabaka.com
ns2.akabaka.com

Creation date: 21 Jan 2013 21:19:24
Expiration date: 21 Jan 2014 21:19:00
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 9:56 pm

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:

I was having a discussion with him today over at PDF and he mentioned how he misses your there. I invited him to join our discussions here. He did not reply to that post.

That aint all he said, Ghost.

"Heck,
Even Hallmark gave up the argument. He finally realized like BP that they were wrong, and they left. Skip did the same thing from the git go.......I simply do not understand what is so difficult about realizing what a great park Maritime Park has become......it is beautiful and it will serving the public for 50 years into the future.......and the Public owns the waterfront.......a total and complete home run.........now tex.....do not put your tail between your legs and run away.......this forum would get boring. It takes courage to discuss things on this forum without getting angry and leaving........so come try to take a bite out of my arrogant aszzz.......you will fail.....but heck this sandbox is fun"

I left because like HallMark said, Tired of all the vile comments and lack of moderation by a spineless moderator. Yes, I did rejoin tonight & posted a comment to oats but he took his ball and left. Its just like oats to cut and run away.

Oats talks about how "great" the park is but not its ongoing problems. He thinks the Y parking issue will up and heal its self. Wishful thinking.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:16 pm

So Joey Vinson publishes the Pensacola digest. Good Work Mr E. http://www.pensacoladigest.com/author/joe/http://www.pensacoladigest.com/author/joe/
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:27 pm

Where is Quint's parking place so I can double park behind it to get my workout in on game nights?

I think he will be using his helicopter this year after he reads your post LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 10:57 pm

hallmarkgrad wrote:

I think he will be using his helicopter this year after he reads your post LOL

If he flies over my airspace, I'm going to shoot him down!

Maritime YMCA Organization 00020310
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 7:02 am

I am not supportive of cruise lines in our port because of the intense pollution problems they bring with them. It is not a very clean industry and have causes problems in the Virgin Islands and elsewhere.

The people off cruise ships would not bring many jobs or sales to pensacola the cost benefit ratio does not play out imo
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 8:50 am

BP Snacks wrote:
Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:

That aint all he said, Ghost.

"Heck,
Even Hallmark gave up the argument. He finally realized like BP that they were wrong, and they left. Skip did the same thing from the git go.......I simply do not understand what is so difficult about realizing what a great park Maritime Park has become......it is beautiful and it will serving the public for 50 years into the future.......and the Public owns the waterfront.......a total and complete home run.........now tex.....do not put your tail between your legs and run away.......this forum would get boring. It takes courage to discuss things on this forum without getting angry and leaving........so come try to take a bite out of my arrogant aszzz.......you will fail.....but heck this sandbox is fun"

I left because like HallMark said, Tired of all the vile comments and lack of moderation by a spineless moderator. Yes, I did rejoin tonight & posted a comment to oats but he took his ball and left. Its just like oats to cut and run away.

Oats talks about how "great" the park is but not its ongoing problems. He thinks the Y parking issue will up and heal its self. Wishful thinking.

Yeah I know. I was just bringing up the point about missing Hallmark and his arrogance. Oats is a pretty good guy but his arrogance is above and beyond. He seems to have an answer for everything and those answers are not always correct. All in all though I think that his input here would bring a new flavor.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:17 am

Maybe he gets his jollies by taking the "high road" when people criticize him in a lowbrow manner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 10:12 am

All in all though I think that his input here would bring a new flavor

I doubt that. He'll make a snide remark, then head for the hills. Just like yesterday, I went over there & he saw me coming n took off! Ifn he came here, I'd prob end up getting banned here. If I ever meet him in person, I'm sure I'd be arrested too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maritime YMCA Organization   Maritime YMCA Organization Empty

Back to top Go down

Maritime YMCA Organization
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next