Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

"Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) Empty
PostSubject: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:25 am

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/02/prosecution-pca/#more-149490

"Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) UACESCOMM-peanuts

Quote :
A pretty extraordinary thing happened Thursday, here in Georgia: A district court in the middle part of the state unsealed a 76-count, 52-page indictment of former officials of the Peanut Corporation of America (PCA), charging them with fraud and conspiracy for knowingly distributing peanut products contaminated with Salmonella.

There is more to the article... not quoted here - Eric (be advised: F word in company e-mail)

Quote :
On or about March 21, 2007, upon being told that salmonella testing results were not yet available and that shipment of a portion of a customer’s product would therefore be delayed, Stewart Parnell stated, via email: “Shit, just ship it. I cannot afford to loose (sic) another customer.”
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:30 am

Wow! Btw i love smuckers all natural...

Ingredients are unique

Peanuts

Salt

After you stir refrigerate this stuff is addicting and part of a great diet. Eat instead of red meat.....i recommend celery but my daughter puts it on a banana. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 11:36 am

I buy those mixed nut containers from Sams. Whenever I want something sweet, I grab a handful of nuts.

We have been eating more Mediterranean diet foods lately. I love olive oil. A hunk of baguette dipped in olive oil with some garlic chunks... is heavenly.

We have been eating hummus a lot lately too.

On the downside, I'm not a fan of Feta cheese or raw olives... but I'm working on it.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:24 pm

whowherewhy wrote:
Wow! Btw i love smuckers all natural...

Ingredients are unique

Peanuts

Salt

After you stir refrigerate this stuff is addicting and part of a great diet. Eat instead of red meat.....i recommend celery but my daughter puts it on a banana. Smile

I'll take my JIF over Smuckers any day. Smuckers should have stayed with what made 'em famous, jams, jelly and preserves........................ Laughing
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Jif ingedients in order are "peanuts and sugar". Then palm oil/vegetable oil, molasses, and diglycerides, soy, salt

Smuckers is peanuts and salt

Smuckers natural requires stirring and refrigeration, just as any all natural peanut butter does. It has no preservatives. It is an aquired taste but is way better as i used to likd jif also.

Finally Smuckers owns Jif....fyi
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 12:54 pm

whowherewhy wrote:
Jif ingedients in order are "peanuts and sugar". Then palm oil/vegetable oil, molasses, and diglycerides, soy, salt

Smuckers is peanuts and salt

Smuckers natural requires stirring and refrigeration, just as any all natural peanut butter does. It has no preservatives. It is an aquired taste but is way better as i used to likd jif also.

Finally Smuckers owns Jif....fyi

Unless you buy the Natural JIF. I have never refrigerated my natural Jif. 90% peanuts, salt. I do not even refrigerate ketsup.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:01 pm

http://blog.fooducate.com/2010/09/04/natural-jif-whats-the-dif/

A natural peanut butter will require stirring and refrigeration to keep it so you can spread it.

Natural jif read the above interesting the extra ingedients do exactly what u say make it shelf stable.

I prefer subtracting the extra ingredients and refrigerating
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 1:05 pm

whowherewhy wrote:
http://blog.fooducate.com/2010/09/04/natural-jif-whats-the-dif/

A natural peanut butter will require stirring and refrigeration to keep it so you can spread it.

Natural jif read the above interesting the extra ingedients do exactly what u say make it shelf stable.

I prefer subtracting the extra ingredients and refrigerating

Well like you said it is an acquired taste and my acquired taste is Jif and to me Smuckers ain't got noting on Jif never had never will.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:23 pm

Well there is no arguing with "taste" however by leaving out molasses, palm oil, and preservatives smuckers is more natural and healthy,

That being said if jiff peanut butter is your choice of a snack you could do a hell of a lot worse and are far head of chips and other pure junk food.

No peanut butter i reaearched today would be called " junk" and jiff is better than most.

Two other brands i discovered were Wegmans and Santa Cruz, i ll check for those next time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 3:54 pm

I buy the 5 lb container of Peter Pan, has Peanuts, oil & sugar & salt. 3 grams of sugar per serving. No HFCS. Yummy.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 4:24 pm

whowherewhy wrote:
Well there is no arguing with "taste" however by leaving out molasses, palm oil, and preservatives smuckers is more natural and healthy,

That being said if jiff peanut butter is your choice of a snack you could do a hell of a lot worse and are far head of chips and other pure junk food.

No peanut butter i reaearched today would be called " junk" and jiff is better than most.

Two other brands i discovered were Wegmans and Santa Cruz, i ll check for those next time.

I do not eat healthy, I eat in moderation. BTW, I love me some homemade biscuits smothered in molasses.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:14 pm

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
whowherewhy wrote:

I do not eat healthy, I eat in moderation. BTW, I love me some homemade biscuits smothered in molasses.

Evil or Very Mad ....in honey.

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:36 pm

I'm pretty leery about honey, since I read that China is dumping adulterated, ultrafiltered honey. http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2011/11/tests-show-most-store-honey-isnt-honey/

Traditional filtration to remove bee parts and chunks of the honeycomb are okay, but do not remove pollen.

If you want real honey, get it from a farmer's market, a place like Ever'man, or buy a honey labeled as "organic".
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 7:42 pm

What about the stuff inside the bear?
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyThu Feb 28, 2013 10:56 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:

No... EE's right. Organic honey's the way to go. It'll usually be sold in bulk or in a glass container.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 6:48 am

Now i'm hungry Smile
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:39 am

Joanimaroni wrote:

Sioux Bee honey has been tested and is suspect.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 10:30 am

There is a little nondescript store on Hwy 29 between Detroit and Hood Dr that sells 100% organic honey. When I but honey that is where I get it from.

I cannot for the life of me think of the name, but it will be on the right side of 29 as you are heading north.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 3:41 pm

"Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) Honey_10

Sad
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:04 pm

I lovvvve molasses. Who mentioned molasses? GR? I put it in my coffee instead of sugar and if I don't have home made jelly or jam (and sometimes when I do), I put it on my peanut butter sandwiches too. YUM!!!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:27 pm

I'm kinda partial to Agave Syrup. Tequila is made from Agave and I use the syrup to take out the tartness of the Lime in my margaritas.

I have read that Agave has a low glycemic index. I think that means it is a little safer to use if you're fighting diabetes.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 4:36 pm

Ha. Unfortunately I cannot drink Ta-Kill-Ya of any sort. Aside from giving me migraines, it causes me to take my shirt off and dance on top of the bar.

lol.

Fortunately, I learned that lesson in West Virginia, where no one really cares about enforcing rules like "No shirt, No shoes, No service," particularly when it involves the first item and young ladies. Shocked

My alcoholic intake has since been limited to only very, very good vodka and small amounts of very good wine. I miss stout beer the most, which I crave, but will give me a migraine before I can finish two pints. I'd sacrifice a pinky finger for a Guinness.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:10 pm

riceme wrote:
Ha. Unfortunately I cannot drink Ta-Kill-Ya of any sort. Aside from giving me migraines, it causes me to take my shirt off and dance on top of the bar.

lol.

Fortunately, I learned that lesson in West Virginia, where no one really cares about enforcing rules like "No shirt, No shoes, No service," particularly when it involves the first item and young ladies. Shocked

My alcoholic intake has since been limited to only very, very good vodka and small amounts of very good wine. I miss stout beer the most, which I crave, but will give me a migraine before I can finish two pints. I'd sacrifice a pinky finger for a Guinness.

LOL....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:14 pm

riceme wrote:

lol.

Makes me think of...

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 5:31 pm

Jiminy Christmas! EE!!! That was one of our anthems when I was in high school!! ACK! LOL!!! I heard it not too terribly long ago on XM Radio, and am always happy to hear it again. Thanks for the great memories, man.

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)   "Sh*t!  Just ship it!"  (Referring to tainted peanut butter) Empty

Back to top Go down

"Sh*t! Just ship it!" (Referring to tainted peanut butter)
Page 1 of 1