Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sweet Misery You need to watch this.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Sweet Misery  You need to watch this. Empty
PostSubject: Sweet Misery You need to watch this.   Sweet Misery  You need to watch this. EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 7:38 am

Maybe not with a diet drink Smile

Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Misery You need to watch this.   Sweet Misery  You need to watch this. EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 10:44 am

Wow, Hallmark, thanks for this. I have long suspected there is a connection between aspartame intake and illness.

I haven't watched it all yet, but I'm at 18 minutes. I'll finish it soon.

Like many in this story, I, too drank diet Coke and coffee with NutraSweet for several years straight in the early 90's. I was diagnosed with a neurological autoimmune disorder in 1999.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Misery You need to watch this.   Sweet Misery  You need to watch this. EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 11:04 am

Thanks HG. I watched the whole thing.

A short list of products containing Aspartame, according to http://supersweetblog.wordpress.com/list-of-products-containing-aspartame/

Soft Drinks

Diet Coca Cola (all varieties)

Coca Cola Zero (all varieties)

Diet Pepsi (all varieties) Edit: Diet Dew too - Eric (dammit, I like DD)

Pepsi Max (all varieties)

Diet Irn Bru (all varieties)

Lilt Zero (all varieties)

Sprite Zero (all varieties)

Tango (all varieties)

Tango no added sugar (all varieties)

7up Free (all varieties)

Lucozade Sport (all varieties)

Schweppes Slimline Drinks (all varieties)

Fanta Zero (all varieties)

Fanta Orange

Dr Pepper Zero

Oasis Summer Fruits Extra Light

Oasis Citrus Punch

Cordial

Ribena Really light (all varieties)

Robinsons Orange Squash

Robinson’s No added sugar range

Yoghurt

Muller Light Cherry

Muller Light Blueberry

Muller Light Raspberry

Muller Light Banana and Custard

Danone Activia Cherry

Weight Watchers Fromage Frais

Weight Watchers Toffee and Vanilla

Chewing Gum

Wrigleys Airwaves (all varieties)

Wrigleys Orbit (all varieties)

Wrigleys Extra (all varieties)

Cooking Sauce

Uncle Ben’s Sweet and Sour Light

Crisps

Walkers Sensations Sweet Thai Chilli

Walkers Sensations Lime and Thai Spices

Walkers Prawn Cocktail

Tabletop Sweeteners

Canderel

Silver Spoon Sweetness and Light

Silver Spoon Light Granulated Sugar

Drink Powders

Cadburys Highlights (all varieties)

Options Hot Chocolate Drink (all varieties)

Last edited by Eric on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Misery You need to watch this.   Sweet Misery  You need to watch this. EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:03 pm

Some people drink multiple bottles or cans a day of this stuff. It cannot be good for you.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Misery You need to watch this.   Sweet Misery  You need to watch this. EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 12:26 pm

I may drink 1 carbonated beverage product per month(if that many). It must be sweetened(sugar, yeah, I know, I know) though as I cannot stand any type of artificial sweetener. My drinks of choice are tea, coffee and water. I only drink tea and coffee at home. When we go out to eat it is always water.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Misery You need to watch this.   Sweet Misery  You need to watch this. EmptyWed Feb 27, 2013 1:24 pm

I think a little sugar and butter never hurt anyone. But there is too much salt, sugar and other stuff in our processed foods. After living in Japan, I still cannot eat some American cakes and sweets....they are just too sweet. Americans ruin many a good fruit pie or cake by putting too much sugar in it. Also, some processed stuff is just too salty for my taste.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Misery You need to watch this.   Sweet Misery  You need to watch this. EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 8:18 am

http://health.yahoo.net/experts/dayinhealth/artificial-sweeteners-milk

Artificial sweeteners in milk? Hidden ingredient not on label? That's what they want.

Quote :
In a petition filed with the FDA, the International Dairy Foods Association (IDFA) and the National Milk Producers Federation (NMPF) seek to change the definition of “milk” so that chemical sweeteners like aspartame and sucralose can be used as optional ingredients not listed on the product label.

If the petition—originally filed in 2009 and now under consideration by the FDA—is successful, these hidden additives could also be included in 17 other dairy products—including whipping cream, low-fat and non-fat yogurt, eggnog, sweetened condensed milk, sour cream, and half-and-half—without requiring any special labeling.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Misery You need to watch this.   Sweet Misery  You need to watch this. EmptyFri Mar 01, 2013 11:37 am

My mom always thought that artificial sweeteners were cancer-causers and as such, none of us have ever consumed any of them. I've never had a diet soda in my life. My great aunt lived down at the beach and they always had ... she always poured diet soda into little bowls to kill the mice around the house and garage. It was very effective. As a child, that knowledge was enough for me to never ever consume the stuff.

Good thread, hg.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sweet Misery You need to watch this.   Sweet Misery  You need to watch this. Empty

Back to top Go down

Sweet Misery You need to watch this.
Page 1 of 1