Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pistol practice

Go down 
+5
Eric
riceme
yelladawg
AuntieChrist
hallmarkgrad
9 posters
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:05 pm

Is it legal to shoot my pistol inside my house? I am bored and I think it would be neat to practice with my 22 pistol. I shoot it all the time in the garage but I wonder if it would be ok to shoot inside the house? What say you?
Back to top Go down
AuntieChrist

AuntieChrist

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:21 pm

Sure, as long as you just shoot your television. Razz
Back to top Go down
yelladawg

yelladawg

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Why not? I knew a dude in Texas who fixed up a range in his basement. He had a walk in door into the basement and had a 48" x 48" sheet of 1/2 inch steel sheet metal rigged at a 45 degree angle with some kind of gel chunks about a foot deep to catch the bullets. he had an exhaust fan to blow the smoke outside. He fired a.38 usually. He was very careful and only skilled shooters were allowed .

The steel was super heavy and I have no idea how he got it inside.
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
riceme

riceme

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 8:41 pm

Did Bob get ahold of your account, HG?? lol
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 9:48 pm

Methinks the Gendarmes would frown upon it, but I remember a home builder that built a huge home on 8-mile Creek Road and it had a shooting range in the basement. The PNJ had a good sized article on it. He built the house in the 1980's, I think.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
alecto

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyMon Feb 25, 2013 11:58 pm

If you shoot it in the garage and no one calls the cops on you then by all means shoot it in the house.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:47 am

alecto wrote:
If you shoot it in the garage and no one calls the cops on you then by all means shoot it in the house.

I like your logic, alecto.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:20 am

alecto wrote:

That was what I was thinking. I will test the theory out later on today. I missed a good chance when it was raining. . Rainy weather with thunder, etc would be perfect. Hmmmm Loud music would also be nice.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 7:46 am

Eric wrote:
Methinks the Gendarmes would frown upon it, but I remember a home builder that built a huge home on 8-mile Creek Road and it had a shooting range in the basement. The PNJ had a good sized article on it. He built the house in the 1980's, I think.

Would that be the house that sort of looks like South Fork ranch from the TV series "Dallas"?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:01 am

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
Eric wrote:

Would that be the house that sort of looks like South Fork ranch from the TV series "Dallas"?

That rings a bell, but I can't say for sure.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:23 am

A friend shot his monitor and he was arrested for discharging a weapon inside of a dwelling. I would ask one of the local cops first.. I use the range at Wilcox Rd along I-10.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 8:29 am

Yes I bet there are a bunch of laws against it. That just makes it more of a challenge. If I can find it, I have old vhs video of shooting a TV. Old Sonys were damn sure hard to make pop. Thick glass. LOL
Back to top Go down
alecto

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:08 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Yes I bet there are a bunch of laws against it. That just makes it more of a challenge. If I can find it, I have old vhs video of shooting a TV. Old Sonys were damn sure hard to make pop. Thick glass. LOL

Well you can always buy a silencer.

I bought two from here, one for an AR15, one for a glock. You can legally own one as long as you meet the requirements it is just kind of a pain in the butt doing all the leg work and finding someone with a FFL to transfer it to.

http://www.impactguns.com/silencers.aspx

http://www.impactguns.com/how-to-order.aspx#class3
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:17 am

Thanks. When I lived in Seminole I could shoot off the front porch but I hardly ever did. Now I move back to the city and I have to shoot. LOL Go Figure. I think I will just give it a rest. Time to go riding.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 9:47 am

alecto wrote:

Well you can always buy a silencer.

I bought two from here, one for an AR15, one for a glock. You can legally own one as long as you meet the requirements it is just kind of a pain in the butt doing all the leg work and finding someone with a FFL to transfer it to.

http://www.impactguns.com/silencers.aspx

http://www.impactguns.com/how-to-order.aspx#class3

No leg work in finding an FFL to initiate the transfer. You can go to http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php and they have a tab at the top of their page titled "Locate FFL", type in your ziip code and it will show quite a few in the Pensacola area. Now what they charge for the transfer is another story.

Before I got my CCWL, I used Outcast Bait and Tackle on Barrancas. Since I ordered my guns through their online service, they waived the transfer fee and was only charged $5.00 for a background check, but thank goodness now that I have my CCWL I do not have to go through all that anymore.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 3:50 pm

Jake92 wrote:
A friend shot his monitor and he was arrested for discharging a weapon inside of a dwelling. I would ask one of the local cops first.. I use the range at Wilcox Rd along I-10.

There used to be an indoor range on "W" street just North of Beverly Parkway on the East side of "W" at a gun shop.

I read that Elvis used to shoot his TVs when he didn't like what was playing.

Georgie Boy, did you get you a good bike ride completed?
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 4:28 pm

Yes Rode the Lakewood/Navy Point loop. Little windy but it was good to get out.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:02 pm

Eric, I shot at that indoor range once back in the early 90's. I prefer shooting outside for some reason..
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Yep   Pistol practice EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:07 pm

Jake92 wrote:
Eric, I shot at that indoor range once back in the early 90's. I prefer shooting outside for some reason..

I did too, i hate it when someone brings in .357 ouch!

I bought a smith and wesson from them for 250 bucks back then
Sold it. Last month for 750 it had custom grip.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:10 pm

My 45 is very custom, built by Carlos Hathcock. I bought it from him in 1972.. Google him.. He is one of my heros..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 5:19 pm

Pistol practice FOGianR
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pistol practice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pistol practice   Pistol practice Empty

Back to top Go down

Pistol practice
Page 1 of 1