Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dog crap on the beaches

Go down 
+3
Melissa
Jake92
Eric
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Dog crap on the beaches Empty
PostSubject: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:24 am

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130222/NEWS01/302220020/Commission-OKs-seven-dog-beaches

Escambia County approves (on a 6-month trial basis) early morning dog usage of seven beaches. I hope they put some kind of container of pooper bags at these places... for people that "forget" to bring their own.

The dog park over at Bill Dickson Park in Pleasant Grove has plenty of poop on the ground. It looks like some kind soul supplies the bench seat areas with grocery-style bags too. Jerks sit right next to bags, watch their dogs poop and don't do a damn thing about it.

Why should the beaches be treated any differently by these idiots?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 10:49 am

Judging by the number of empty cans and things on the beaches, how can we ever expect people to pick up after their dogs? If people would just open their mouths and say something to the offenders, they might pick it up. I would just as soon pick it up for them and leave it smeared all over their windshield.. LOL
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 11:26 am

Jake92 wrote:
Judging by the number of empty cans and things on the beaches, how can we ever expect people to pick up after their dogs? If people would just open their mouths and say something to the offenders, they might pick it up. I would just as soon pick it up for them and leave it smeared all over their windshield.. LOL

I know how you feel, man.

We used to have a small group of friends that would pick up garbage that was dumped in the woods... and would return it (late at night) to the front yards of the offenders... scattered. That was so much fun...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 6:59 pm

I could see ONE dog beach...but seven? Seven seems like six too many. Of course there are always people who won't clean up after their dogs.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 9:53 pm

nekochan wrote:
I could see ONE dog beach...but seven? Seven seems like six too many. Of course there are always people who won't clean up after their dogs.

Valentino jumped on the P. Bch. Dog Beach idea and decided there were some voters on Perdido Key that wanted a dog beach (or three).
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 6:42 am

I think people who don't pick up after their dogs should be fined. The problem is, who would patrol them? If nothing else, each dog park could have a "board" of members who could kick someone out of the park permanently if they don't comply.

When we walk our dogs, we always take along a few plastic bags. That's just habit.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 7:22 am

I am a huge fan of outlawing cigs on the beach the butts are not biodagradable and
Most smokers see sand as an ashtray.

After the boat races our beaches in OB are one huge ashtray it's disgusting!
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 8:25 am

Here is what my dogs say in response....though it took me a minute to figure out what they were saying:

Deepwater Horizon was caused by humans and as a result they want all people banned from area beaches who use fossil fuels.

Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 8:46 am

Youse guys dont want me on da beach in case I might poo? I got the big guy trained to pick it up. Trust me
[img]Dog crap on the beaches 2aadjt5[/img]
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 8:48 am

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 9:03 am

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Youse guys dont want me on da beach in case I might poo? I got the big guy trained to pick it up. Trust me

My dogs are always highly suspect when I "steal" their poop. Kinda creeps them out they say.

(Your dogs is better looking than 99% of the people on our beaches, Hallmark Smile )
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 2:41 pm

It'll be interesting to watch the news for what happens next at all the new dog beaches. My prediction is that like almost everyone here has said, the majority of people won't pick up their buddies' poop then you all will end up paying to have the dog beaches policed... or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 3:20 pm

It's a six-month provisional approval. When it comes up for reconsideration, I suspect that there will be a few "Nay" sayers.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 3:31 pm

I know I would try to get a pic of the person, dog, and poop and give it to the police along with all of the info I could give them..
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 3:31 pm

Eric wrote:
It's a six-month provisional approval. When it comes up for reconsideration, I suspect that there will be a few "Nay" sayers.

Gotcha... I bet you're right!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 4:09 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
Here is what my dogs say in response....though it took me a minute to figure out what they were saying:

Deepwater Horizon was caused by humans and as a result they want all people banned from area beaches who use fossil fuels.

Well said, SheSurfs! Smile My dogs agree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 4:21 pm

Eric wrote:

Yes, and they are setting it up for people to cheat....

The hours are stupidly set for 7-10 AM and that's it.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 5:04 pm

Hmmm 1 good thing about the hours are the kids should be in school and that leaves adults to take thier 4 legged family member to the beach. :-)
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 6:11 pm

SheSurfs wrote:

The hours are stupidly set for 7-10 AM and that's it.

Well that's just dumb.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 6:48 pm

If escambia county florida does it you can almost bet it will be stupid...
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches EmptySat Feb 23, 2013 7:25 pm

whowherewhy wrote:
If escambia county florida does it you can almost bet it will be stupid...

LOL well said!!!!! good post
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dog crap on the beaches   Dog crap on the beaches Empty

Back to top Go down

Dog crap on the beaches
Page 1 of 1