Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze

Go down 
+3
Ghost Rider
SheSurfs
Eric
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze  Empty
PostSubject: Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze    Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze  EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 7:52 am

http://www.pnj.com/article/20130221/NEWS01/302210010/Gulf-Breeze-boat-RV-ban-begins-rolling

Gulf Breeze's reasons for this regulation are bullhockey. Pure and simple... Someone doesn't like seeing their neighbor's RV, so something has to be done about it.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze    Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze  EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:23 pm

You said it in the thread title...ugly.

Forget the pads, I don't want to see RVs, boats or vehicles in people's yards. Allowing them degrades the feel of a neighborhood and depresses property values.

This is the only part of the country that allows this habit. It's is just a grander version of appliances and sofas in the front yard.

Not a fan.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze    Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze  EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:29 pm

SheSurfs wrote:

Forget the pads, I don't want to see RVs, boats or vehicles in people's yards. Allowing them degrades the feel of a neighborhood and depresses property values.

This is the only part of the country that allows this habit. It's is just a grander version of appliances and sofas in the front yard.

Not a fan.

Disagree, I have seem them in quite a lot of yards in Oklahoma and Mississippi. My brother lives in Pearl, MS, a suburb of Jackson and he and his neighbor both have their motor homes parked beside their house. Mine is also parked behind my house under an carport.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze    Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze  EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:08 pm

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
SheSurfs wrote:

Not a fan.

Disagree, I have seem them in quite a lot of yards in Oklahoma and Mississippi. My brother lives in Pearl, MS, a suburb of Jackson and he and his neighbor both have their motor homes parked beside their house. Mine is also parked behind my house under an carport.

You can add California to that list. And Kansas, New Mex, Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, Washington State, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana,... West Virginia (but I'd imagine you'd have guessed that).

You can find an either RV, travel trailer, toyhauler (most common), boat, project vehicles or dirtbike / quad trailers -- or a few of above -- in many (approaching half, I'd estimate) of the homes where I live. The high winds and extremely high gusts don't treat some styles of carports very well, so unless you live somewhere fancy whose HOA requires the above be garaged they're out in the open, and the nearly all the places I've ever seen are very tidy and the local law enforcement is pretty good about issuing citations at addresses that fall below tidiness standards. Out where I live, any of the above just have to not be visible from the road, which is pretty easy to accomplish at most the places out here. I have what I refer to as "The Yacht" on my property (it's actually an old project sailboat), but no one can see it from anywhere unless you come off the road and wind all the way down my driveway.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze    Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze  EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:35 pm

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:
SheSurfs wrote:

Not a fan.

I also must add that my brothers motor home cost more that his brick and mortar home.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze    Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze  EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 5:58 pm

The reality is most people do not want yard, driveway and street parking that includes RVs and large boats, fueling the number of cities creating ordinances to ban yard and RV/boat parking is on the increase as residents and cities understand the problem. This picture epitomizes why cities like Gulf Breeze are moving towards ordinances.

BTW, the guy who can afford the time and money for this RV and boat can do the same with a weed eater.

Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze  Spp_bo10
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze    Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze  EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 6:17 pm

He's one of the bad eggs that makes everyone else look bad, and yeah, he needs to get the weed eater out... shoot, that wouldn't take but a couple minutes to knock that down and make his place look a whole lot better!

Having lived in both places, I very sincerely think that it would not be much of an issue if local law enforcement in your area issued citations for people who need to clean up their yard/properties as they do here. If memory serves, they are real hot and cold on that issue. They take it pretty seriously here, but we have a... I don't know... some sort of volunteer program who does a lot of things that free-up time for the LEOs to be able to do the more critical aspects of their jobs. I'm thinking this is probably one of them, but I can't say for sure. So, as long as folks' properties / yards are tidy, parking play vehicles is not a problem here.

I actually don't think it would look bad at all if he got the weed eater and the edger out and that jon boat was set in the back yard.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze    Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 7:38 am

HMMMMMMMM I wonder if the part that isn't mowed is the right of way owned by the city/county/state........ Whoever has control of the sidewalk and road should get out and get rid of the weeds there too.. I mow the right of way at my house because nobody else will ever do it.. I agree there are a lot of places that are not taken care of, but there are also a lot of run down yards without boats and motorhomes in worse shape than the one in the pic....
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze    Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze  EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 7:48 am

Jake92 wrote:
HMMMMMMMM I wonder if the part that isn't mowed is the right of way owned by the city/county/state........ Whoever has control of the sidewalk and road should get out and get rid of the weeds there too.. I mow the right of way at my house because nobody else will ever do it.. I agree there are a lot of places that are not taken care of, but there are also a lot of run down yards without boats and motorhomes in worse shape than the one in the pic....

So do I Jake. If I waited for the county to cut and trim the ROW, the front of my house would look like that one.
Back to top Go down
instigator

PostSubject: Re: Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze    Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze  EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 4:51 pm

If you own the property and keep it up and no varmits running around then to hell with the city council. I will park what I want in my yard next to my house.
Back to top Go down
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze    Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze  EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:00 pm

Jake92 wrote:

In the city with commercial property you are required to maintain the right of way including clean up of litter.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze    Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze  EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:03 pm

I really doubt the pic is of commercial property..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze    Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze  EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 5:18 pm

Jake92 wrote:
I really doubt the pic is of commercial property..

Nah, that's not commercial property.

I don't have any links, but something in the back of my mind says that homeowners are expected to mow to the curb, sidewalk or no sidewalk. Perhaps it is written into homeowners association bylaws, I dunno (but I have read that somewhere).
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze    Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze  Empty

Back to top Go down

Those ugly motor homes in Gulf Breeze
Page 1 of 1