Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 "Clinton Foundation won't accept foreign money if Hillary wins"

Go down 
AuthorMessage
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: "Clinton Foundation won't accept foreign money if Hillary wins"   Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:52 am

Didn't we hear that same lie from her when she was SoS???? I know this should be under a humor topic but....

"The Clinton Foundation will no longer accept corporate and foreign donations if Hillary Clinton becomes president, according to The Associated Press.

Former President Bill Clinton announced the plan to staffers Thursday, the AP said, citing anonymous participants at the meeting. A formal announcement is expected soon.


Under the proposed changes, the family's charitable group would only accept donations from U.S. citizens and independent charities.
Bill Clinton said the foundation will continue its work and would refocus its efforts after an overhaul that could take a year. He added that the Clinton Global Initiative, an annual summit that brings together influential world leaders, would hold its final meeting next month in New York City regardless of the election's outcome.

Clinton also said he would also step down from the board of the foundation, according to the report. He was accompanied daughter Chelsea Clinton at the meeting.

The changes to the foundation come amid growing questions about how it would operate during a potential Hillary Clinton presidency.

The organization's funding and work during Clinton's time as secretary of State has been subject to controversy that has dogged her campaign.

Critics have scrutinized the foundation's ties to wealthy donors and foreign interests, raising questions about their influence over the Clintons and policy. In one email, a longtime Clinton aide asked officials at State to "take care" of a foundation donor.

Foreign donations to the foundation were restricted when Hillary Clinton was secretary of State, requiring approval from an ethics office at State.

Hillary Clinton eventually joined the renamed Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation in 2013 after leaving the Obama administration. She resigned from the Clinton Foundation’s board last year to run for president.

But questions have persisted about the relationship between donors and the Clintons.

Republicans have seized on the complicated connections between the Clintons, their work in government and their foundation.

GOP nominee Donald Trump has repeatedly slammed the Clintons for taking money from countries with poor human rights records. Others have raised questions about undue foreign influence while Clinton was the nation's top diplomat, with Trump alleging donations to the organization were evidence of pay-to-play politics.

The Republican National Committee (RNC) on Thursday criticized the Clinton Foundation for stalling on changes to its donation guidelines.

"This effort to shield Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation after more than a year of controversy is too little, too late," chairman Reince Priebus said in a statement.

"After all, if everything was above board when Hillary Clinton ran the State Department as the Clintons have said, then why change a thing? But now that they have admitted there is a problem, the Clinton Foundation should immediately cease accepting foreign donations and return every penny ever taken from other countries, several of which have atrocious human rights records and ties to terrorism."

Priebus added that the Clinton Foundation's activities had already raised red flags during Clinton's campaign.

"The fact that the Clinton Foundation and its entities continue to accept foreign donations while Hillary Clinton runs for the White House is a massive, ongoing conflict of interest that gets bigger by the day," he said.
In the last week, prominent voices have called for the organization to be disbanded if Hillary Clinton won the presidency.

Former Gov. Ed Rendell (D-Pa.), a supporter of the Clintons, on Wednesday said the charitable organization should close up shop if Clinton wins.

“It’d be impossible to keep the foundation open without at least the appearance of a problem,” the former chairman of the Democratic National Chairman (DNC) told The New York Daily News."

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/291911-clinton-foundation-to-alter-donation-rules-if-hillary
Back to top Go down
Eddard

avatar

Posts : 614
Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: "Clinton Foundation won't accept foreign money if Hillary wins"   Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:42 pm

Yawn.
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: "Clinton Foundation won't accept foreign money if Hillary wins"   Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:55 am

Eddard wrote:
Yawn.

Yep, I agree - her list of lies is growing so long it's becoming expected and boring.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: "Clinton Foundation won't accept foreign money if Hillary wins"   Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:46 am

nochain wrote:
Eddard wrote:
Yawn.

Yep, I agree - her list of lies is growing so long it's becoming expected and boring.

Well yes....but even it has sunk to new lows that there are some [few] democrats that are recognizing that she is...has been and will always be a liar.....

A sailor was sentenced to a year in prison....dishonorable discharge....for taking/sending four photos from a submarine...in other words mishandling/sending/classified information...This was a correct sentence because the individual received instruction/training as to the regulations/laws pertaining to service aboard the submarine which he signed as receiving....in this case it was a sailor that is punished accordingly and yet a former sec of state....oh, well you know what rolls downhill and apparently rules/laws aren't applied to those at the top....
Back to top Go down
Eddard

avatar

Posts : 614
Join date : 2014-09-20

PostSubject: Re: "Clinton Foundation won't accept foreign money if Hillary wins"   Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:47 pm

Yeah, yeah, yeah, so many democrats are realizing she is nothing but a liar that if the election was held today she would win an electoral landslide. Check out the polls at REAL CLEAR POLITICS.

The Republican party has no viable candidate this year.
That's why it's gotten boring. Unless the Hillary haters can come up with something a lot more dramatic than they have, she'll be sworn in as POTUS in January.

Emails aren't going to do it. They're old, old, old news.
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: "Clinton Foundation won't accept foreign money if Hillary wins"   Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:03 am

Anyone who can't see that major donors to the CF weren't given special access to HRC perfectly illustrating conflicts of interests are just plain blind to the truth.

"Emails reveal how foundation donors got access to Clinton and her close aides at State Dept."

A sports executive who was a major donor to the Clinton Foundation and whose firm paid Bill Clinton millions of dollars in consulting fees wanted help getting a visa for a British soccer player with a criminal past.

The crown prince of Bahrain, whose government gave more than $50,000 to the Clintons’ charity and who participated in its glitzy annual conference, wanted a last-minute meeting with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

U2 rocker and philanthropist Bono, also a regular at foundation events, wanted high-level help broadcasting a live link to the International Space Station during concerts.

In each case, according to emails released Monday from Hillary Clinton’s time as secretary of state, the requests were directed to Clinton’s deputy chief of staff and confidante, Huma Abedin, who engaged with other top aides and sometimes Clinton herself about how to respond.

The emails show that, in these and similar cases, the donors did not always get what they wanted, particularly when they sought anything more than a meeting.

But the exchanges, among 725 pages of correspondence from Abedin disclosed as part of a lawsuit by the conservative group Judicial Watch, illustrate the way the Clintons’ international network of friends and donors was able to get access to Hillary Clinton and her inner circle during her tenure running the State Department.

The release of the correspondence follows previous disclosures of internal emails showing a similar pattern of access for foundation contributors, and it comes as Republicans allege that Clinton, the Democratic presidential nominee, used her perch in the Obama administration to trade favors for donations. Clinton and the foundation have vigorously denied the charge.

[Emails show that Clinton Foundation donors got access at State Department]

The disclosures also cast new doubts on Clinton’s past claim that she turned over all her work-related email from her private server to the State Department for eventual release to the public.

Judicial Watch said Monday’s release from Abedin’s inbox included 20 previously undisclosed exchanges with Clinton that were not included in the approximately 55,000 pages of correspondence the former secretary gave to State. Also Monday, the State Department said the FBI had turned over nearly 15,000 emails and other documents that investigators discovered during a probe of Clinton’s email setup that she had not previously returned to State."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/emails-reveal-how-foundation-donors-got-access-to-clinton-and-her-close-aides-at-state-dept/2016/08/22/345b5200-6882-11e6-8225-fbb8a6fc65bc_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_clintonfoundation-0720pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: "Clinton Foundation won't accept foreign money if Hillary wins"   Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:38 am

nochain wrote:
Anyone who can't see that major donors to the CF weren't given special access to HRC perfectly illustrating conflicts of interests are just plain blind to the truth.

"Emails reveal how foundation donors got access to Clinton and her close aides at State Dept."

A sports executive who was a major donor to the Clinton Foundation and whose firm paid Bill Clinton millions of dollars in consulting fees wanted help getting a visa for a British soccer player with a criminal past.

The crown prince of Bahrain, whose government gave more than $50,000 to the Clintons’ charity and who participated in its glitzy annual conference, wanted a last-minute meeting with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

U2 rocker and philanthropist Bono, also a regular at foundation events, wanted high-level help broadcasting a live link to the International Space Station during concerts.

In each case, according to emails released Monday from Hillary Clinton’s time as secretary of state, the requests were directed to Clinton’s deputy chief of staff and confidante, Huma Abedin, who engaged with other top aides and sometimes Clinton herself about how to respond.

The emails show that, in these and similar cases, the donors did not always get what they wanted, particularly when they sought anything more than a meeting.

But the exchanges, among 725 pages of correspondence from Abedin disclosed as part of a lawsuit by the conservative group Judicial Watch, illustrate the way the Clintons’ international network of friends and donors was able to get access to Hillary Clinton and her inner circle during her tenure running the State Department.

The release of the correspondence follows previous disclosures of internal emails showing a similar pattern of access for foundation contributors, and it comes as Republicans allege that Clinton, the Democratic presidential nominee, used her perch in the Obama administration to trade favors for donations. Clinton and the foundation have vigorously denied the charge.

[Emails show that Clinton Foundation donors got access at State Department]

The disclosures also cast new doubts on Clinton’s past claim that she turned over all her work-related email from her private server to the State Department for eventual release to the public.

Judicial Watch said Monday’s release from Abedin’s inbox included 20 previously undisclosed exchanges with Clinton that were not included in the approximately 55,000 pages of correspondence the former secretary gave to State. Also Monday, the State Department said the FBI had turned over nearly 15,000 emails and other documents that investigators discovered during a probe of Clinton’s email setup that she had not previously returned to State."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/emails-reveal-how-foundation-donors-got-access-to-clinton-and-her-close-aides-at-state-dept/2016/08/22/345b5200-6882-11e6-8225-fbb8a6fc65bc_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_clintonfoundation-0720pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

"PAY FOR PLAY"......No one should be surprised or shocked....The Lincoln Bedroom was the bargaining chip used during the Clinton Administration and now she has used the State Department in similar fashion....You want to meet you 'donate' to the foundation...

You know they are caught and dirty when Bill says he'll stand down and won't take foreign money if hillary is elected so that's an message to foreign lobbyists....there are only a few shopping months until November....One a brighter note...there are some democrats [finally] speaking out on this and the media has actually had to acknowledge this as being a legitimate problem with hrc and her campaign....
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: "Clinton Foundation won't accept foreign money if Hillary wins"   Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:13 am

Pay for Play is obvious - the Clintons are experts at running just under the law, they are like access money magnets and if people think they will stop if they land in the WH they are sadly mistaken. When you have co-opted the FBI and the DoJ what would you be worried about????

"More than half of the meetings that Hillary Clinton reportedly took with people outside the government while serving as secretary of State were with Clinton Foundation donors, according to The Associated Press.

At least 85 of those 154 people, whom met or had phone conversations with Clinton, had donated to Clinton's family foundation, either directly or through companies or groups, according to news service's review published Tuesday."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/292372-half-of-clintons-non-governmental-meetings-at-state-were-with
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: "Clinton Foundation won't accept foreign money if Hillary wins"   Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:45 am

nochain wrote:
Pay for Play is obvious - the Clintons are experts at running just under the law, they are like access money magnets and if people think they will stop if they land in the WH they are sadly mistaken. When you have co-opted the FBI and the DoJ what would you be worried about????

"More than half of the meetings that Hillary Clinton reportedly took with people outside the government while serving as secretary of State were with Clinton Foundation donors, according to The Associated Press.

At least 85 of those 154 people, whom met or had phone conversations with Clinton, had donated to Clinton's family foundation, either directly or through companies or groups, according to news service's review published Tuesday."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/292372-half-of-clintons-non-governmental-meetings-at-state-were-with

As it's been stated before...in the business world this is illegal but in the unreal world of politics it's acceptable to some and others are scrutinized and held accountable....I have watched the past couple of days several democrats speaking out on this and not 'condoning' the practice and then dismiss the thought of responsibility/accountability....Why folks can't see that all these donations [favors] are going to get called in by those that have donated/paid for those payoffs....She's been bought and paid for and she's not in office yet...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: "Clinton Foundation won't accept foreign money if Hillary wins"   

Back to top Go down
 
"Clinton Foundation won't accept foreign money if Hillary wins"
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: