Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

  Putin Wins again....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Putin Wins again....   Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:43 am

The US and Europe sanction diplomats for the Ukraine Crisis....Russia/Putin target US Senators from traveling to Russia..But not to worry Biden is in Europe to ease the concerns of our allies..
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:48 am

mediawatcher wrote:
    The US and Europe sanction diplomats for the Ukraine Crisis....Russia/Putin target US Senators from traveling to Russia..But not to worry Biden is in Europe to ease the concerns of our allies..

With the weak response using sanctions it probably would have been better to do nothing at this time than to appear WEAK....The Russians are laughing their ushankas off.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:52 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
    The US and Europe sanction diplomats for the Ukraine Crisis....Russia/Putin target US Senators from traveling to Russia..But not to worry Biden is in Europe to ease the concerns of our allies..

With the weak response using sanctions it probably would have been better to do nothing at this time than to appear WEAK....The Russians are laughing their ushankas off.

Called the cowh....."A Prankster" Guess that may have been in response to the cowh calling Putin the kid that sat in the back of the classroom and was a distraction.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:25 pm

Putin won because the people in Crimea voted to rejoin Russia.
It's democracy in action, IMO.

We should do nothing, we should not sanction Russia in any way, and the White House should learn to accept that every country does not have to be like our country.

Anytime an election doesn't go the way we want it to we claim it isn't valid.
All those thousands of people cheering in the streets are proof that it was valid.

Biden and Obama need to shut up and not ruin any chance we have to gain Russia's cooperation in the Middle East situation. Nobody needs a new cold war.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:34 am

Otter wrote:
Putin won because the people in Crimea voted to rejoin Russia.
It's democracy in action, IMO.

We should do nothing, we should not sanction Russia in any way, and the White House should learn to accept that every country does not have to be like our country.

Anytime an election doesn't go the way we want it to we claim it isn't valid.
All those thousands of people cheering in the streets are proof that it was valid.

Biden and Obama need to shut up and not ruin any chance we have to gain Russia's cooperation in the Middle East situation. Nobody needs a new cold war.

The 'win' being referred to is that Putin is smart enough to ban certain senators from traveling to Russia. Too bad we can't ban a few from the senate. The most concerning is the message that is being sent to our allies and how much they can actually depend on the US to support the treaties in place. That is where is administration has failed and is in damage control mode having to send Biden to attempt to calm them down. Further, now adding fuel to the fire is that former sec of state clinton is quoted as saying the Baltic nations should fear further Russian agression. Not from FOX News but from the horses mouth (no pun or insult intended). Suddenly old Hil is singing a different tune from criticizing and mocking Romney when he spoke out against Russia and their desires.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:25 am

I'm not sure what your position on the Crimea actually is, judging from some of your posts. You seem to want to slam our government for making threatening statements and also to claim they are weak. That leads me to think you believe they should take some actions beyond verbal or sanctions against Russia. Yet you don't say what that action should be.

Kerry told Putin to get over it because he had lost the cold war, according to reports this morning. That's a ridiculous statement. The cold war has been over for a long time and it's our side that is attempting to reignite it. Putin is simply accepting the wishes of the Russian majority in Crimea to rejoin a country they want to be a part of.

No response was necessary from our side, and I don't believe it is making our allies in Europe afraid that we won't defend our treaty obligations. Most of Europe is being silent on the Russian annexation, unlike our saber rattling US of A.

I disagree completely with the Obama administration on this issue.
It's too bad so many people feel they have to follow the Faux news positions on nearly every issue.
I'd hate to have to follow a party line in my thinking on every issue. I'm afraid my brain would rot if I did.
Back to top Go down
Jake92



Posts : 1506
Join date : 2013-02-15
Age : 66
Location : Pensaclola, FL

PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:01 pm

I think that we should stay out of the Russia/Crimea situation 100% OR verbally suppoort the people of Crimea for voting to do what they believe is right...
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:44 pm

Jake92 wrote:
I think that we should stay out of the Russia/Crimea situation 100% OR verbally suppoort the people of Crimea for voting to do what they believe is right...



I agree with you 100%

Wow!

Maybe our puppies will be friends after all. LOL
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:03 am

Jake92 wrote:
I think that we should stay out of the Russia/Crimea situation 100% OR verbally suppoort the people of Crimea for voting to do what they believe is right...

Exactly correct. Should have sucked it up and said that they voted and they got what they voted for...
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Thu Mar 20, 2014 2:03 pm

Otter wrote:

It's too bad so many people feel they have to follow the Faux news positions on nearly every issue.
I'd hate to have to follow a party line in my thinking on every issue. I'm afraid my brain would rot if I did.

I guess the same would apply to MSNBC and outlets catering to the "other side" - right?

I don't routinely watch TV "news" but what I do see is the pretty much the same regardless of network, there is "news" and then there are talking heads espousing a position (not news). If so many people hadn't believed the misinformation and outright lies presented by Obamas campaign headquarters (aka MSNBC) there is a good chance he wouldn't have won a 2nd term, perhaps not even a 1st. Of course the frequency with which Time magazine splashed his maniacal mug on the front cover didn't hurt the community organizer in the 1st campaign either. Bias walks on both sides of the street for certain media outlets.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:47 am

nochain wrote:
Otter wrote:

It's too bad so many people feel they have to follow the Faux news positions on nearly every issue.
I'd hate to have to follow a party line in my thinking on every issue. I'm afraid my brain would rot if I did.

I guess the same would apply to MSNBC and outlets catering to the "other side" - right?

I don't routinely watch TV "news" but what I do see is the pretty much the same regardless of network, there is "news" and then there are talking heads espousing a position (not news). If so many people hadn't believed the misinformation and outright lies presented by Obamas campaign headquarters (aka MSNBC) there is a good chance he wouldn't have won a 2nd term, perhaps not even a 1st. Of course the frequency with which Time magazine splashed his maniacal mug on the front cover didn't hurt the community organizer in the 1st campaign either. Bias walks on both sides of the street for certain media outlets.

Never found this to be much of an issue....there is a remote and it changes channels.
Back to top Go down
Jake92



Posts : 1506
Join date : 2013-02-15
Age : 66
Location : Pensaclola, FL

PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:36 am

The remote will work for the other side too if they are smart enough to understand how to use it!!!


Last edited by Jake92 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:55 am

Jake92 wrote:
The remote will work for the othet side too if they are smart enough to understand how to use it!!!  

Personally...don't like one thing about MSNBC and refuse to be that obsessed to watch that so called network. Although will see articles on-line when they are forced to apologize and/or one of their hosts gets fired...
Back to top Go down
Jake92



Posts : 1506
Join date : 2013-02-15
Age : 66
Location : Pensaclola, FL

PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:59 am

I rarely watch any TV news for state or national things, but keep my eyes open enough to see the local issues ie; murders, thefts, homeless, drugs, illegal alien problems, but see the welfare mommies with 4-5 kids using WIC for food, then getting in a better car/van than I can afford when they pile in to go home.. I also see them trading food stamps for drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, and work, ie; "I'll give you $100 worth of food stamps for $50 worth of drugs, booze, smokes, or labor fixing my broken window".. (YES, I was offered food stamps to do minor electrical repairs for a neighbor.. I turned the stamps down and considered it a free job.) Job opportunities are everywhere if the people are willing to work for the local wages..

The foreign issues have very little to do with me except when it comes to the involvement of OUR military and our allies..
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:10 am

Jake92 wrote:
I rarely watch any TV news for state or national things, but keep my eyes open enough to see the local issues ie; murders, thefts, homeless, drugs, illegal alien problems, but see the welfare mommies with 4-5 kids using WIC for food, then getting in a better car/van than I can afford when they pile in to go home..  I also see them trading food stamps for drugs, alcohol, cigarettes, and work, ie; "I'll give you $100 worth of food stamps for $50 worth of drugs, booze, smokes, or labor fixing my broken window"..  (YES, I was offered food stamps to do minor electrical repairs for a neighbor..  I turned the stamps down and considered it a free job.)  Job opportunities are everywhere if the people are willing to work for the local wages..  

The foreign issues have very little to do with me except when it comes to the involvement of OUR military and our allies..

So the local topics are no more comforting than the national ones...Ahhhhhh...the beauty of our entitlement system where food stamps become bartering currency...Your last words say it all..."Job opportuities everywhere IF PEOPLE ARE WILLING TO WORK FOR LOCAL WAGES"...Guess it's not enough to get them off the couch and collecting every month.
Back to top Go down
Jake92



Posts : 1506
Join date : 2013-02-15
Age : 66
Location : Pensaclola, FL

PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:25 am

BINGO MW..  There should be a very strict LIMIT to the # of consecutive weeks they can collect benefits, the # of months/yr, and the # of years period..  They shouid be restricted to 20 consecutive weeks of food stamps, wic, unemployment, medicaid, and ANY other taxpayer funded belifits, no matter how many new babies are born..  20 weeks is long enough to find a paying job, even if it pays less than the benefits..  The ONLY way to get benefits restarted is if the job/company is closed by the employer...  There should also be a very strict limit for the # of years they can be collected..  There is NO reason somebody should be able to collect benefits for 2 years and never pay a penny in taxes..
Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 67
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:33 am

My wife's family is incensed that one daughter and her children are ALL on Social Security Disability. Hell, there ain't nothing wrong with any of 'em, that I can tell.

What a racket!

I keep seeing TV commercials for Social Security Disability lawyers saying they will FIGHT to get you qualified... even if you have been denied. Man, that gets my blood to boiling.

Now, there are quite a few genuine individuals that truly need assistance and I don't have a problem with them getting help. The blind, multiple amputees, and paralyzed are good examples of this.

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:03 pm

Eric wrote:
My wife's family is incensed that one daughter and her children are ALL on Social Security Disability.  Hell, there ain't nothing wrong with any of 'em, that I can tell.  

What a racket!

I keep seeing TV commercials for Social Security Disability lawyers saying they will FIGHT to get you qualified... even if you have been denied.  Man, that gets my blood to boiling.

Now, there are quite a few genuine individuals that truly need assistance and I don't have a problem with them getting help.  The blind, multiple amputees, and paralyzed are good examples of this.

It's disgusting that some people have no sense of pride and will stoop so low to what is essentially benefit theft. Of course one also has to fault the SS employees who approve this theft. I see the same with some veterans who file bogus claims to obtain VA benefits. While those scum bags are clogging the system veterans who really need and deserve benefits have to wait for their claims reviews.
Back to top Go down
Jake92



Posts : 1506
Join date : 2013-02-15
Age : 66
Location : Pensaclola, FL

PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:01 pm

Social Security will tell you that their job is to get you benefits, NOT remove the benefits from you..  There is somebody in every state who's job is to review and remove benefits from people that don't deserve them, but nobody in the local office will tell you WHO it is or any other info about how to report somebody.  Same thing with WIC and the other benefit programs..


Last edited by Jake92 on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:58 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
Jake92 wrote:
The remote will work for the othet side too if they are smart enough to understand how to use it!!!  

    Personally...don't like one thing about MSNBC and refuse to be that obsessed to watch that so called network.  Although will see articles on-line when they are forced to apologize and/or one of their hosts gets fired...



I'm pretty good with the remote but I don't even know what channel MSNBC is on with my Cox Cable subscription. I watch CNN (channel 35) which is by far the least biased news channel, even though I feel it leans a bit to the right, especially Wolf Blitzer.
I won't watch Fox though because of their constant and continual bias.
I have watched MSNBC occasionally when something live that is important is going on, but I have to be scanning through all the news channels to find it. I don't leave TV on the news channel all day long like some people that I know do. And if I don't hear another word in my life about that plane that obviously crashed into the ocean somewhere that the networks are spinning into a "mystery," I'll be happy.

I'm sorry for the families of the people who were on it who are left wondering, but I'm just as sure that everyone on it is dead.

My news comes from the PNJ and from the internet, especially from my phone.
Somedays I don't even check out what happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Putin Wins again....   

Back to top Go down
 
Putin Wins again....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: