Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RIP Glenn Frey of the Eagles

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

RIP Glenn Frey of the Eagles Empty
PostSubject: RIP Glenn Frey of the Eagles   RIP Glenn Frey of the Eagles EmptyMon Jan 18, 2016 7:50 pm

(CNN)Glenn Frey, a founding member of the rock band the Eagles, has died at 67, a publicist for the band has confirmed.

"Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia," reads a post on the band's official website.

Frey had been suffering from intestinal issues, which caused the postponement of the band's inclusion in the 2015 Kennedy Center Honors.

Frey and the other original members of the Eagles — Don Henley, Randy Meisner and Bernie Leadon -- came together to form singer Linda Ronstadt's backup band in the early 1970s.

They were all experienced musicians who forged a laid-back, country-tinged sound that the Eagles would eventually make famous.

"We are all in a state of shock, disbelief and profound sorrow," Henley said in a statement Monday. "I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet.

"It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it," Henley added. "But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some."

Musicians of all stripes, from Carole King to Huey Lewis to Travis Tritt, posted tributes to Frey on Twitter.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey of the Eagles   RIP Glenn Frey of the Eagles EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 6:17 am

Eric wrote:
(CNN)Glenn Frey, a founding member of the rock band the Eagles, has died at 67, a publicist for the band has confirmed.

"Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from rheumatoid arthritis, acute ulcerative colitis and pneumonia," reads a post on the band's official website.

Frey had been suffering from intestinal issues, which caused the postponement of the band's inclusion in the 2015 Kennedy Center Honors.

Frey and the other original members of the Eagles — Don Henley, Randy Meisner and Bernie Leadon -- came together to form singer Linda Ronstadt's backup band in the early 1970s.

They were all experienced musicians who forged a laid-back, country-tinged sound that the Eagles would eventually make famous.

"We are all in a state of shock, disbelief and profound sorrow," Henley said in a statement Monday. "I'm not sure I believe in fate, but I know that crossing paths with Glenn Lewis Frey in 1970 changed my life forever, and it eventually had an impact on the lives of millions of other people all over the planet.

"It will be very strange going forward in a world without him in it," Henley added. "But, I will be grateful, every day, that he was in my life. Rest in peace, my brother. You did what you set out to do, and then some."

Musicians of all stripes, from Carole King to Huey Lewis to Travis Tritt, posted tributes to Frey on Twitter.

Great Group....and Frey certainly put the pieces together....In the 70's [some of what remembered]...there just weren't many...if any....that didn't have at least one Eagles albums in their collections...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey of the Eagles   RIP Glenn Frey of the Eagles EmptyTue Jan 19, 2016 3:00 pm

We saw them last year during their "History of the Eagles" (or something like that) tour.

It was a great concert.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RIP Glenn Frey of the Eagles   RIP Glenn Frey of the Eagles Empty

Back to top Go down

RIP Glenn Frey of the Eagles
Page 1 of 1