Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

November's Windows 10 update is a 3gb monster!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

November's Windows 10 update is a 3gb monster! Empty
PostSubject: November's Windows 10 update is a 3gb monster!   November's Windows 10 update is a 3gb monster! EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 7:33 pm

I was trying to do some GIS work and found that it wouldn't work with the version of Windows I was using.  Checking my error log, I saw that all my updates for a long time have been failing to install.

Checking Windows Update, the updates wouldn't even START to download and would just lock up.  It took from last Wednesday until late this Monday afternoon for me to fix the problem.  

In Windows 10, there is a box at the left side of the taskbar next to the Start button.  This box has the words "Search the web and Windows" in it.  If you type Windows Update in that box and click on "Check for Updates", Windows will check for updates and install them if you are lucky.  If it freezes up, let me know and I will walk you through with the fix that worked for me.  (It involved killing Automatic Update from booting, rebooting, and deleting a bunch of update files in a Windows folder.)

By the way, when I got the updates to proceed, my computer (a laptop with an i7 processor and 8 gigs of RAM, and a 1 tb hybrid HD/SSD) took SEVERAL HOURS to install the November update.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

November's Windows 10 update is a 3gb monster!
Page 1 of 1