Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Want your car to last longer? Use Top Tier Fuels

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Want your car to last longer?  Use Top Tier Fuels Empty
PostSubject: Want your car to last longer? Use Top Tier Fuels   Want your car to last longer?  Use Top Tier Fuels EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 2:14 pm

Want your car to last longer?  Use Top Tier Fuels HeaderGlobal

TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline is the premier standard for gasoline performance. Seven of the world's top automakers, BMW, General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen, Mercedes-Benz and Audi recognize that the current EPA minimum detergent requirements do not go far enough to ensure optimal engine performance.

Since the minimum additive performance standards were first established by EPA in 1995, most gasoline marketers have actually reduced the concentration level of detergent additive in their gasoline by up to 50%.  As a result, the ability of a vehicle to maintain stringent Tier 2 emission standards have been hampered, leading to engine deposits which can have a big impact on in-use emissions and driver satisfaction.

These automakers have raised the bar. TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline help drivers avoid lower quality gasoline which can leave deposits on critical engine parts, which reduces engine performance.  That's something both drivers and automakers want to avoid.

List of Fuel Retailers selling Top Tier Fuels
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Want your car to last longer? Use Top Tier Fuels   Want your car to last longer?  Use Top Tier Fuels EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 9:35 pm

Glad you posted this, E. I've posted it several times over the years during other vehicle-related discussions but have never created a thread about the subject.

It is very difficult to find top tier gasoline up here, as it was where I lived in Kansas, and while I have used Lucas products for years, I am now dependent upon them. I use the injector cleaner and the synthetic oil stabilizer religiously.

http://lucasoil.com/products/fuel-treatments

http://lucasoil.com/products/engine-oil-additives
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Want your car to last longer? Use Top Tier Fuels   Want your car to last longer?  Use Top Tier Fuels EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 9:39 pm

I remember you posting about it, Ricey.

I was going through the owner's manual for our Odyssey and it mentioned a magnesium compound that cheap fuels have that are outlawed in the Top Tier fuel standards.

Apparently, that magnesium compound does some damage.

Last edited by Eric on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Want your car to last longer? Use Top Tier Fuels   Want your car to last longer?  Use Top Tier Fuels EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 9:43 pm

Eric wrote:
I remember you posting about it, Ricey.

Yeah, I believe the most recent time it was discussed I got frustrated when people confused top tier with high octane, which of course is not even remotely the same thing... it's like apples and onion rings.

Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Want your car to last longer? Use Top Tier Fuels   Want your car to last longer?  Use Top Tier Fuels EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 7:56 am

It surprises me that so many people think higher octane fuels burn more easily, when in fact it is the opposite.

My dad, an airline pilot for TWA, told me some of his planes had water injection to essentially boost octane on takeoff to prevent preignition.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Want your car to last longer? Use Top Tier Fuels   Want your car to last longer?  Use Top Tier Fuels EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 10:11 pm

Yeah, I get really irritated when people buy really crappy high octane fuel. I don't know why it bothers me so much. I guess just because I wish people would research wtf they're doing to their vehicles and spending their money on.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Want your car to last longer? Use Top Tier Fuels   Want your car to last longer?  Use Top Tier Fuels EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 7:46 pm

I get a kick out of folks that buy premium (high-octane) fuel when their car is supposed to get 87... and they say they're pampering their car.

The only thing they're doing is throwing away their money.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Want your car to last longer? Use Top Tier Fuels   Want your car to last longer?  Use Top Tier Fuels EmptyMon Mar 02, 2015 12:21 am

Eric wrote:
I get a kick out of folks that buy premium (high-octane) fuel when their car is supposed to get 87... and they say they're pampering their car.

The only thing they're doing is throwing away their money.

Yeah, same here... and it's typically the cheapest high octane you can buy.

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want your car to last longer? Use Top Tier Fuels   Want your car to last longer?  Use Top Tier Fuels Empty

Back to top Go down

Want your car to last longer? Use Top Tier Fuels
Page 1 of 1