Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  Empty
PostSubject: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 10:41 pm

http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/american-dispatch/48222-students-opposed-to-lgbt-agenda-shamed-in-classroom

"Singling out students for ridicule based on their moral or political beliefs is a Marxist tactic that should have no place in the United States of America," Dacus said.

During the lecture, the Queer Student Alliance provided students with the names of the gay and lesbian teachers at the high school. They also had students line up to demonstrate where they fell on the "gender spectrum."

"It was an exercise in gender fluidity," the parent of one child told me. "They told the students that one day they could come to school feeling like a boy and the next day they could come to school feeling like a girl."

Students were given a handout with LGBT terminology—including words like pan-sexual, demi-boy and gray gender.

...."There's no other club at the high school that gets face time in front of freshman English classes for an entire period," the parent said.

So why is Acalanes High School outing students who may not agree with every facet of the LGBT agenda?
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:07 am

I must be really ignorant. I've never heard of the terms "pan-sexual", "demi-boy" or "gray gender".
But since I'm supposed to be the "B" part in the "LGBT agenda" I guess I should know. lol

This comes across a lot like Bill O'Reilly spending more than one of his tv shows warning us about the "lesbian gangs", teo. He said that was part of something called an "LGBT agenda" too. lol

Whatever this nonsense is and whatever that "lesbian gang" nonsense was, you and Bill O'Reilly know a lot more about it than I do. Could it be a clue that all of it happens in California. lol
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:02 am

If LGBT is going to force people to pick a side..I know where I stand.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:48 am

Allow me to reminisce about the days in high school when we debated social subjects like women's rights, abortion, the death penalty, off shore drilling, etc.  

I remember having to defend, with my assigned team, abortion.  I didn't "believe" in abortion but for the grade I had to do research and present the pro side.  I was glad for the education, argued the side of abortion, but walked out of the classroom still in tact with my own belief against abortion.  

Wiser?  Most likely.  Brainwashed and asked to give up my opinions?  No.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 3:00 pm

Debate team in High School was like that too, SW.

The topics we debated in 1968 was: "Resolved: That Congress should establish uniform regulations to control criminal investigation procedures."
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 3:59 pm

Right, Eric. I was not on the team but we had great teachers who had it part of the classroom on a regular basis. Excellent way to learn.

Now I'm going to go look up your debate title and see what that was all about in 1968. Wink
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 6:06 pm

That was many moons ago, SW, but I remember cases about wiretaps, searches 'n seizures, recidivism, holding times before charges, etc.  I had a two-drawer file cabinet full of 3x5 index cards with data about the topics.  We had a month to gather data and we visited many libraries gathering data and putting on the cards - book titles, quotes, who said what, dates, etc., all filed behind organized tabs.  You had to have your cards memorized and where they were located because, during a debate, you didn't have time to prepare your rebuttals... you had to stand up and tear into your opponent's hypothesis.

I got lucky and won about half of my debates... or I had a good partner, lol.

Won second place in Extemporaneous Speaking at the District contest in Tallahassee.  That was intimidating.  You had to pull a couple of contemporary topics out of a hat and, after 20-30 minutes, give a 5-minute speech on one of the two topics.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:40 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
If LGBT is going to force people to pick a side..I know where I stand.

I know.
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 7:56 pm

Love God and love people. It works without sides.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:39 pm

SheWrites wrote:
Love God and love people.  It works without sides.

Tell that to the people shaming children of Christian families...
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:49 pm

Turn the other cheek
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 9:11 pm

SheWrites wrote:
Turn the other cheek

That's a miss application of the verse. You don't compromise principles to satisfy those that disrespect your faith. Why should a majority of the population be bullied and shamed by 5% . They can keep their guilt they need to deal with their own BS. They can be equal but not special. They can't call us haters and then spew hate...
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 9:37 pm

How is it a misapplication? Turning the other cheek is never compromise. And, if the other person/group is seeking to disrespect you doesn't that set them off base?

In this world you will have troubles, but take heart, Jesus overcame the world.

Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:28 pm

Turning the other cheek can be thought of as a compromise with something the Bible condemns soundly here. Turning the other cheek according to this school situation would be like Jesus saying to Satan you have a good point instead of resisting the Devil .

Luke 4:3The devil said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread.”

4Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Man shall not live on bread alone.’b ”

5The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7If you worship me, it will all be yours.”

8Jesus answered, “It is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.’c ”

9The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down from here. 10For it is written:

“ ‘He will command his angels concerning you

to guard you carefully;

11they will lift you up in their hands,

so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’d ”

12Jesus answered, “It is said: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’e ”

13When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:46 pm

Discrimination based on religious beliefs is okay but discrimination based on sexual preference is wrong...WHY ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 11:53 pm

Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4PHWO-JoW_ac71JX07ZAgXn34-GJCC4ilcC0dVKUepbakzH8C

Look at all the harassment I receive from the supposedly enlightened progressive liberals for my stance on marriage rights Teo.

They hardly have the right to harass people about their sexual choices or how they choose to form marriage groups in my opinion.

*****CHUCKLE******

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mln0RciE2o0

Smile
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 6:31 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Why should a majority of the population be bullied and shamed by 5% . They can keep their guilt they need to deal with their own BS. They can be equal but not special. They can't call us haters and then spew hate...

First this was only about some nutters in a school in California.  Now you've broadened it to include the entire population of homosexuals/bisexuals (the "5%").  So now me and all 16 million homosexuals/bisexuals are bullying and shaming you and trying to be "special instead of equal" and "spewing hate".

That would be about like if I was to tell you about some extremist nutter Christians who blow up clinics and murder abortion doctors and then refer to them as the whole population of Christians.  lol

No the truth is, teo, that most of that "5%" is not demanding anything or spewing anything.  Instead they're trying to stay in the closet and not even reveal who they are because they know if they do they'll be punished for it.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:10 am

But I will give you credit for one thing, teo. At least you're not saying the things Seaoat said on that other forum. Seaoat told us homosexuals were in control of the Nazi Party in WW2 Germany. And Seaoat told us homosexuals were the slave owners in the American south.
About the only thing he left out was homosexuals rubbing out Jimmy Hoffa. lol
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 7:34 am

BobW wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Why should a majority of the population be bullied and shamed by 5% . They can keep their guilt they need to deal with their own BS. They can be equal but not special. They can't call us haters and then spew hate...

First this was only about some nutters in a school in California.  Now you've broadened it to include the entire population of homosexuals/bisexuals (the "5%").  So now me and all 16 million homosexuals/bisexuals are bullying and shaming you and trying to be "special instead of equal" and "spewing hate".

That would be about like if I was to tell you about some extremist nutter Christians who blow up clinics and murder abortion doctors and then refer to them as the whole population of Christians.  lol

No the truth is, teo, that most of that "5%" is not demanding anything or spewing anything.  Instead they're trying to stay in the closet and not even reveal who they are because they know if they do they'll be punished for it.

Not so long ago wasn't the rule....majority rules with respect for the minority?....

Will agree with you that it's not the majority of the 5% [if that's correct] that are demanding/spewing...but even those that are vocal or those that chose to remain silent all have the expectation of a quality of life and should be protected to enjoy/prosper under the same laws as any other citizen...

Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 8:53 am

Seems a Christian legal group is the one all over this, Teo. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this.

Just as we have atheist groups itching for a church/state battle I think the same an be said of these Christian groups who seek out to "defend" the Christian belief.

Somebody, on both sides is missing the boat. That's all I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:25 am

SheWrites wrote:
Seems a Christian legal group is the one all over this, Teo.  It will be interesting to see the outcome of this.  

Just as we have atheist groups itching for a church/state battle I think the same an be said of these Christian groups who seek out to "defend" the Christian belief.

Somebody, on both sides is missing the boat.  That's all I'm saying.  

If a Christian group is challenging the fact that students are being 'shamed' of this practice then that's certainly within their rights to do so...If it were the opposite and a Gay Group were challenging that gay students were being shamed that would be legit also....Either way harassing is wrong...

Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:29 am

Yes, Christian or Gay, they have the right to challenge the treatment.

But I just sit back and say, "Really? You're going to go to the trouble of a legal battle in this?" I can think of being shamed in high school because I was a girl who didn't have sex with boys. Where was my lawyer for my right to remain a virgin? Yep, good ol' locker room shaming shenanigans.

Shocked Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:32 am

SheWrites wrote:
Yes, Christian or Gay, they have the right to challenge the treatment.

But I just sit back and say, "Really? You're going to go to the trouble of a legal battle in this?"   I can think of being shamed in high school because I was a girl who didn't have sex with boys. Where was my lawyer for my right to remain a virgin?  Yep, good ol' locker room shaming shenanigans.  

Shocked Rolling Eyes

Agree......The lawyers must love/profit from making mountains out of mole hills!...

As a young man I would have been complaining about not enough.....nevermind the statute of limitations may not have run out for those juvenile thoughts and comments!....
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 9:55 am

mediawatcher wrote:

Not so long ago wasn't the rule....majority rules with respect for the minority?....

Will agree with you that it's not the majority of the 5% [if that's correct] that are demanding/spewing...but even those that are vocal or those that chose to remain silent all have the expectation of a quality of life and should be protected to enjoy/prosper under the same laws as any other citizen...

Actually we have never been a "majority rules" nation.  At least not since 1791 when the First Ten Amendments (the Bill of Rights) were added to our Constitution.
If we had been a "majority rules" nation,  we would have been no different from the nation we fought a revolution against.
Whichever denomination of Christianity it was would have been the majority and it would have been able to rule over every minority.
And it wouldn't apply only to the homosexual minority.  It would apply to ALL minorities.  For example,  seniors would be in the minority too so the majority of younger people would be able to rule over us and age discrimination would be the outcome of majority rule.

In this country we ALL have rights a majority cannot take away from us.  And not just as minorities.  We have those rights as INDIVIDUALS.

But I absolutely agree with your 2nd paragraph.  The vast majority of homosexuals are not asking for "special" rights.  Just the same rights you have.  And the right to be married is one of them.

The problem is not wanting special rights.  The problem is teo's bible not wanting us to have any rights.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:06 am

"Teo's" Bible says all have sinned and fall short......Gays say they are special in their sin and have the right, maybe even the duty to shame children that believe in the Bible. Is this the best use of school facilities and teacher time that I pay my taxes for ?....nope.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom    Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom  Empty

Back to top Go down

Students Opposed to LGBT Agenda Shamed in Classroom
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next