Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My new dream house

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BobW

BobW

My new dream house Empty
PostSubject: My new dream house   My new dream house EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:37 am

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

My new dream house Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new dream house   My new dream house EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:52 am

House sways in gentle breezes.  What about earthquakes?  Not me, man.

I lived on the water for 10 years and loved portions of it, hated others.  Hurricanes made it intolerable at times.  

A friggin' Murphy bed??? You're kidding me.

I'd love to party there, but not live there.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
BobW

BobW

My new dream house Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new dream house   My new dream house EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:01 am

But don't forget you need to watch the whole video. The Murphy bed is used only when you want to  crash with that amazing view outside the glass in the "pole house" part of the home.
The 2nd story of the home behind the pole structure undoubedly has something far more elaborate in it's bedrooms which are reached by an elevator (you don't even have to climb stairs lol).

I agree,  it wouldn't be suitable for a "hurricane alley" coastline.  But not every coastline has hurricanes.  I'd put it on the waterfront in Maui.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

My new dream house Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new dream house   My new dream house EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:07 am

How bout this home?

My new dream house Amazing-treehouses-12

"This vintage Boeing 727 was originally bought by Joanne Ussary for $2,000.00. It cost her $4,000.00 to move the plane and $24,000.00 to renovate an turn it into this Executive Suite 727 tree house. A jacuzzi in the cockpit is just one of the intriguing ideas she had for her new home!"
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

My new dream house Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new dream house   My new dream house EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 11:13 am

Or this one?

"This grandiose 100-foot-tall structure is said to be the tallest tree house in world, and was built entirely out of reclaimed wood by Horace Burgess in Crossville, Tennessee."

My new dream house Amazing-treehouses-3
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

My new dream house Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new dream house   My new dream house EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 2:50 pm

Think you could get fire insurance for that treehouse?  I prefer a smaller house about the size of that first one.  Can you imagine trying to clean that treehouse?  It'd take me a week.

Having rebuilt the porches on my Hoover home... it's laborious... I don't think I would want the treehouse due to wood maintenance.

I'm getting too old for a large, high-maintenance home.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Linda

Linda

My new dream house Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new dream house   My new dream house EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 7:53 pm

The first house is like an enclosed Clingman's Dome.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new dream house Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new dream house   My new dream house Empty

Back to top Go down

My new dream house
Page 1 of 1