Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Linda

Linda

Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?   Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?    Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?   EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 8:17 pm

Last bit of celebration tomorrow and then I'm going into hibernation mode. Laughing I've made the last recipe and admit to buying Stouffer's lasagna for my visiting niece and her kids tomorrow. They won't mind. Good thing. Razz
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?    Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?   EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 8:24 am

Grandkids! No need to say more......
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?    Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?   EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 8:27 am

No grands yet. I'm waiting. (fingers tapping on table)
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?    Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?   EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 8:32 am

SheWrites wrote:
No grands yet.  I'm waiting.  (fingers tapping on table)

One nice thing about them is you can play with them for awhile and then they go home with their parents! Still tire me out though......
Back to top Go down
Linda

Linda

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?    Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?   EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 9:02 am

Yes, that's the attraction. Play and send home!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?    Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?   EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 12:25 pm

We had friends over for New Years and they just left for home in North Carolina.

We went over to friend's house for fireworks and a ball drop at midnight. This guy's display doesn't use the huge mortars that cities use in municipal displays, but then again, you don't get 100 feet away from where the mortars are launched either. He had probably 60 "finales" Fused together with about 250 mortar tubes all fused together... all laid out in a long car trailer. I don't think I have EVER seen a better fireworks display... WOW!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?    Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?   EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 4:34 pm

We spent New Years with some people even older than ourselves who go to bed around 9:00 no matter what day of the year it is. They're my cousins and are both in their late 70's so I can understand how tired they must get. We had pizza and candy and had a great time. Arrived home by 9 and took to bed to listen to our dogs howl every time someone shot off a firework anywhere in town. God made dogs ears way too sensitive for New Years Eve.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?    Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?   EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:11 pm

My puppies don't like fireworks or thunder.  I don't mind both of them in my lap when it is storming outside... sixty pounds of shivering dogs.

Last edited by Eric on Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eddard

Eddard

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?    Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?   EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:22 pm

Mine weigh out at about 140 pounds total, but I don't mind them in my lap either. It's kind of hard to find me underneath though.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?    Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?   EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:23 pm

As long as you can still breathe, lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?    Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?   Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else worn out from Christmas and New Year's?
Page 1 of 1