Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

cool...no warm...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

cool...no warm... Empty
PostSubject: cool...no warm...   cool...no warm... EmptySat Dec 27, 2014 10:01 pm

Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

cool...no warm... Empty
PostSubject: Re: cool...no warm...   cool...no warm... EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 11:49 am

Hmm... pretty cool, but how many btu's does it put out? I mean, he's saying $0.04/hr, but for what? Know what I mean?

Fuel cost comparison is on p. 45/56

ftp://co.fairbanks.ak.us/Community_Research_Center/Quarterly_Archive/2014FallCRQ.pdf
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

cool...no warm... Empty
PostSubject: Re: cool...no warm...   cool...no warm... EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 12:21 pm

wow your chart shows wood pellet stoves to be very inexpensive and cheap relatively...I may have to get one of them things...

As far as the clay pot heaters....I can't believe they would be of much value heat wise....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

cool...no warm... Empty
PostSubject: Re: cool...no warm...   cool...no warm... EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 12:56 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
wow your chart shows wood pellet stoves to be very inexpensive and cheap relatively...I may have to get one of them things...

As far as the clay pot heaters....I can't believe they would be of much value heat wise....

Yeah, I call bs on the clay pot heaters. Pellet stoves crank out the heat for sure but the best stoves for up here are the new Blaze King Catalytic stoves.... my cousin has the King (there are smaller stoves) and it is the most efficient wood stove in the world. Robert got theirs this last summer and it has already paid for itself. But if you don't want to cut, split, stack and haul wood, the pellet heaters are the way to go.

http://www.blazeking.com/EN/wood-king.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

cool...no warm... Empty
PostSubject: Re: cool...no warm...   cool...no warm... Empty

Back to top Go down

cool...no warm...
Page 1 of 1