Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Very powerful one minute video

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

Very powerful one minute video Empty
PostSubject: Very powerful one minute video   Very powerful one minute video EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 2:53 pm

This Woman Took A Photo Of Herself Every Day For A Year. I Was In Tears When I Saw The Last One.

By sharing photos of one woman’s face over the course of a year, this video conveys a powerful message that needs to be shared. “One photo a day in the worst year of my life” was created by the Croatian government in response to a danger that many women across the globe live with every day. The harrowing message is made even more impactful by the sign the woman holds up at the end. It reads, “Help me, I don’t know if I will be alive tomorrow”. Warning: the video contains graphic images towards the end.

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Very powerful one minute video   Very powerful one minute video EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 4:46 pm

It sure looks like she needs to pack her bags and head to greener pastures.

Damn!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Very powerful one minute video   Very powerful one minute video EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 6:30 pm

Men are meant to protect women not beat them...I don't understand unless the men doing the beatings are Muslims..they like goats better...
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Very powerful one minute video   Very powerful one minute video EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 7:16 pm

People had to know what was happening.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Very powerful one minute video   Very powerful one minute video EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 8:04 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
People had to know what was happening.

You would be surprised at how often people "don't want to get involved" or tell themselves that it's none of their business, that if she wanted to leave she would, that.... on and on, ad nauseam.

Domestic violence is never simple, and it is not easy to leave.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Very powerful one minute video   Very powerful one minute video EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:02 pm

I had to get the back story......

One photo a day. The worst year of my life. READ DESCRIPTION ! STOP REPEATING POINTLESS COMMENTS ! NO BATTERED WOMAN WOULD EVER BE ABLE TO MAKE SUCH A VIDEO ! It's a Serbian anti domestic violence video. Battered looking woman. Kindly supported & funded by Saatchi & Saatchi Belgrade for reasons stated in their press release 3.April 2013.http://saatchi.com/en-uk/news/one_pho...

Lots of people have simply copied the very fast version complete with its melancholic instrumental piano music. Hopefully the longer, more upbeat song used in this video, makes viewers spend an extra couple of minutes to catch more detail of the many subtle changes of expression from photo to photo. The Norah Jones cover was sung by my friend Marianna. She wasn't very happy to have it used for a depressing video like this one.
If anybody knows if the girl/actress in the video, leave a message. She should come receive credits for the effort.

Even if make up was used for effects it won't hurt thinking about the fundamental issue
Let's all hope some good will come from this unique effort to raise awareness of the plight of abused people.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Very powerful one minute video   Very powerful one minute video EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:20 pm

I disagree that no battered woman would ever be able to make such a video. No one can know what another person's situation is or what they are capable of and no one should pass judgment on how another person handles the situation they're in.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Very powerful one minute video   Very powerful one minute video EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:50 pm

The neck bruises loked real.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Very powerful one minute video   Very powerful one minute video EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 9:53 pm

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Very powerful one minute video   Very powerful one minute video EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:01 pm

http://saatchi.com/en-uk/news/one_photo_a_day_in_the_worst_year_of_my_life_saatchi_B92/

Belgrade - Confronted by the alarming statistics that domestic violence in Serbia took 11 lives in only the first two months of 2013, and with last year totalling in 29 deaths of women in a domestic environment, Saatchi & Saatchi Belgrade and Fund B92 have decided to take action, shake the public out of the lethargy and put this issue into the focus of Serbian society.

The first phase of the campaign against domestic violence was launched on March 18 with a time-lapse viral video that shows a female victim of domestic violence calling for help. The video entitled "One photo a day in the worst year of my life" quickly spread via social networks and instantly received extensive media coverage. In less than a week, the video hit more than 3 million views on YouTube and caused unprecedented buzz, both locally and globally.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Very powerful one minute video   Very powerful one minute video EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 10:09 pm

Well, was it makeup or for real?

About one-third in, her expressions changed over to sadness. I agree, I don't see where a batterer would allow the photos to be taken.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Very powerful one minute video   Very powerful one minute video EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 11:08 pm

Batterers are usually not there 24x7. Survivors are sometimes able to hide things from batterers often at risk to their own lives, but sometimes it is worth it to the survivor to do so anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Very powerful one minute video   Very powerful one minute video Empty

Back to top Go down

Very powerful one minute video
Page 1 of 1