Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.
 
HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 
 

 Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 66
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:05 pm

Now the IRS says it cannot produce emails between Lois Lerner and the White House because her computer crashed.

Do they think we're that stupid?



The truth and nothing but the truth... wink, wink.

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 66
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:07 pm

What about Lerner's emails on the White House server? What about emails on the IRS mail server?

Their excuse is pure bullshit!

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:30 am

Eric wrote:
Now the IRS says it cannot produce emails between Lois Lerner and the White House because her computer crashed.

Do they think we're that stupid?



The truth and nothing but the truth...  wink, wink.

We are that stupid because there's no one that will make them be held accountable!...There are some that have hit the talk show circuit that defend and argue that this is no big deal...and the sheep follow right along...If challenged those that have are labeled in a vile way or accused of being racist or some other slam because to challenge this administration for all these years has been unheard of...They've had a free pass and until those in the same party start to wake up there will certainly be more to follow...
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:22 am

Sure, they can't find emails (BS) but they can chase down an adult because their parents owed taxes 15 years ago and are now dead. The IRS is as corrupt an agency as ever existed.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:31 am

nochain wrote:
Sure, they can't find emails (BS) but they can chase down an adult because their parents owed taxes 15 years ago and are now dead. The IRS is as corrupt an agency as ever existed.

And now they are a branch of the executive wing utilized to punish/investigate group(s) that have the audacity to challenge the cowh....As pointed out....These guys have made Nixon look like an innocent victim....
Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 66
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:31 am

nochain wrote:
Sure, they can't find emails (BS) but they can chase down an adult because their parents owed taxes 15 years ago and are now dead. The IRS is as corrupt an agency as ever existed.

To add to that story, Nochain, the IRS was asked to provide proof of the taxes owed by their parents and the IRS responded that they didn't have those records because they were so old.

Shit, HOWINHELL did the IRS know taxes were owed at all?

And, since when do the debts of others become YOUR debt?

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:47 am

Eric wrote:
nochain wrote:
Sure, they can't find emails (BS) but they can chase down an adult because their parents owed taxes 15 years ago and are now dead. The IRS is as corrupt an agency as ever existed.

To add to that story, Nochain, the IRS was asked to provide proof of the taxes owed by their parents and the IRS responded that they didn't have those records because they were so old.

Shit, HOWINHELL did the IRS know taxes were owed at all?  

And, since when do the debts of others become YOUR debt?

Now how radical does it sound when candidates have called for the IRS to be abolished?....This out of control agency should be a campaign issue for a flat tax...and/or tax reform immediately....
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:55 am

mediawatcher wrote:
Eric wrote:
nochain wrote:
Sure, they can't find emails (BS) but they can chase down an adult because their parents owed taxes 15 years ago and are now dead. The IRS is as corrupt an agency as ever existed.

To add to that story, Nochain, the IRS was asked to provide proof of the taxes owed by their parents and the IRS responded that they didn't have those records because they were so old.

Shit, HOWINHELL did the IRS know taxes were owed at all?  

And, since when do the debts of others become YOUR debt?

     Now how radical does it sound when candidates have called for the IRS to be abolished?....This out of control agency should be a campaign issue for a flat tax...and/or tax reform immediately....



I've followed this story just barely, but I know that there is a statute of limitations even on IRS debts. I'm beginning to think the entire thing may be a hoax, just like the one about the little girl being chased out of a KFC because of her facial scars. I had not heard before that the parents debt was 15 years old, but I'm fairly sure the IRS does not investigate your taxes or anyone's that far back in time. There would be no reason for it because the SOL would have ended.

I think I'll check into the story about the parents IRS being visited on the eldest child again. It was apparently a national story, but I'd never heard that the debt was from 15 years before.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:59 am

Okay, I found it. Apparently there was a single sentence tacked into this years farm bill allowing the feds to ignore the 10 year statute of limitations on debts owed them, and it never got any news coverage because it was one of those add-ons.

This kind of crap needs to stop. Our legislators need to be confined to the subject at hand when they write a bill.
This stuff goes on all the time and is sometimes the reason the POTUS has to veto even good legislation. Our system of governance is completely screwed up.
We need some new constitutional amendments.
Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 66
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:32 pm

Otter wrote:
I've followed this story just barely, but I know that there is a statute of limitations even on IRS debts. I'm beginning to think the entire thing may be a hoax, just like the one about the little girl being chased out of a KFC because of her facial scars. I had not heard before that the parents debt was 15 years old, but I'm fairly sure the IRS does not investigate your taxes or anyone's that far back in time. There would be no reason for it because the SOL would have ended.

I think I'll check into the story about the parents IRS being visited on the eldest child again. It was apparently a national story, but I'd never heard that the debt was from 15 years before.

I didn't know that was a hoax.  Thanks for clearing that up, Otter.  Hey, I read that KFC is donating $30,000 to her medical costs ANYWAY.  (I guess that, since they promised it to begin with, it would be bad PR to withdraw it.)



I still don't understand how a person can be held liable for debts incurred by another person.  Perhaps the heirs inherited funds that should have gone to the IRS???

EDIT: I did find this statement on the 'net:

Quote :
When you die, the IRS asserts a lien against the assets of your estate. A federal tax lien along with other debts must be satisfied out of these assets before any of the property can pass to your heirs. The law does not require the IRS to notify anyone of the lien: It's just there, legally, and follows the property if that property passes to the heirs and the tax remains unpaid. Setting up a trust, which names beneficiaries and allows the estate to avoid probate, does not nullify tax obligations.

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 66
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:40 pm

I wonder if INTEREST is owed by the heirs? That wouldn't be right, IMO, if the IRS didn't notify anyone of the lien.

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:17 pm

Eric wrote:
I wonder if INTEREST is owed by the heirs?  That wouldn't be right, IMO, if the IRS didn't notify anyone of the lien.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did try to collect interest. They have absolute authority and you have to prove them wrong - even then you lose. Another factoid I find interesting is that if you call the IRS for tax advice and follow that advice only to have THEIR advice proven wrong later - you are liable. That is just one more indicator of a useless agency with so many rules (that each taxpayer is obliged to understand) their own employees aren't held responsible for misrepresentation or failure to understand.



Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:44 pm

Yeah, it just came out this morning that the KFC story was nothing but a hoax. People will do anything to get a buck out of a corporation if they can.

It ain't just the corporations that are thieves in this country.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:56 am

nochain wrote:
Eric wrote:
I wonder if INTEREST is owed by the heirs?  That wouldn't be right, IMO, if the IRS didn't notify anyone of the lien.

It wouldn't surprise me if they did try to collect interest. They have absolute authority and you have to prove them wrong - even then you lose. Another factoid I find interesting is that if you call the IRS for tax advice and follow that advice only to have THEIR advice proven wrong later - you are liable. That is just one more indicator of a useless agency with so many rules (that each taxpayer is obliged to understand) their own employees aren't held responsible for misrepresentation or failure to understand.




That's just one of the problems....you have to prove they are wrong....and they have all the resources at their disposal to defend themselves and squeeze every dollar out of citizens and there's no one that can hold this out of control agency accountable...All you have to is observe the current director and Louis Lerner to see that there's a huge problem...arrogance coupled with unchecked power is never going to end well...
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:14 am

So what happens when a guvmint agency breaks the law? Who do you send after them? The laughable DoJ run by Oblamers boyfriend Holder? Never happen.

"Top archivist says IRS ‘did not follow the law’ on missing emails"

The Internal Revenue Service broke the law when it failed to report Lois G. Lerner’s broken hard drive and lost emails, the national archivist told Congress on Tuesday, further fueling the email scandal.

“They are required, any agency is required, to notify us when they realize they have a problem that could be destruction or disposal, unauthorized disposal,” David S. Ferriero, head of the National Archives and Records Administration, told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Amid the questions about whether the IRS made sufficient efforts to try to recover two years of emails from Ms. Lerner’s hard drive, which crashed in 2011, Mr. Ferriero’s testimony suggested that the agency’s actions may have been not just negligent but also illegal.

“They did not follow the law,” he testified.


Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/24/top-archivist-says-irs-did-not-follow-law-missing-/#ixzz35fBeojYL
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:33 am

nochain wrote:
So what happens when a guvmint agency breaks the law? Who do you send after them? The laughable DoJ run by Oblamers boyfriend Holder? Never happen.

"Top archivist says IRS ‘did not follow the law’ on missing emails"

The Internal Revenue Service broke the law when it failed to report Lois G. Lerner’s broken hard drive and lost emails, the national archivist told Congress on Tuesday, further fueling the email scandal.

“They are required, any agency is required, to notify us when they realize they have a problem that could be destruction or disposal, unauthorized disposal,” David S. Ferriero, head of the National Archives and Records Administration, told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Amid the questions about whether the IRS made sufficient efforts to try to recover two years of emails from Ms. Lerner’s hard drive, which crashed in 2011, Mr. Ferriero’s testimony suggested that the agency’s actions may have been not just negligent but also illegal.

“They did not follow the law,” he testified.


Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jun/24/top-archivist-says-irs-did-not-follow-law-missing-/#ixzz35fBeojYL

That's exactly the reason the IRS should not be given more responsibility with regulations of cowh healthcare enforcement...
Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 66
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:43 am

I think the "loss" of the emails is more sinister.  

I believe that the emails were "lost" when a request was made to provide them... AND when the IRS and the administration saw what was in them.

_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:48 am

Eric wrote:
I think the "loss" of the emails is more sinister.  

I believe that the emails were "lost" when a request was made to provide them... AND when the IRS and the administration saw what was in them.

The current director testified that all of Lerner's e-mails would be provided....and that was in March '14....So that supports your thought that this was at the least intentional/criminal and very possibly sinister...And this was the cowh that said...not one smidgeon of proof of any wrongdoing....guess he and his administration made sure that was a true statement...
Back to top Go down
Eric

avatar

Posts : 9735
Join date : 2012-07-30
Age : 66
Location : Hoover, AL & Pensacola when I'm lucky

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:17 am


_________________
Ideas are funny little things, they won't work unless you do.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:54 am

[quote="nochain"]So what happens when a guvmint agency breaks the law? Who do you send after them? The laughable DoJ run by Oblamers boyfriend Holder? Never happen.

"Top archivist says IRS ‘did not follow the law’ on missing emails"

The Internal Revenue Service broke the law when it failed to report Lois G. Lerner’s broken hard drive and lost emails, the national archivist told Congress on Tuesday, further fueling the email scandal.

“They are required, any agency is required, to notify us when they realize they have a problem that could be destruction or disposal, unauthorized disposal,” David S. Ferriero, head of the National Archives and Records Administration, told the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

Amid the questions about whether the IRS made sufficient efforts to try to recover two years of emails from Ms. Lerner’s hard drive, which crashed in 2011, Mr. Ferriero’s testimony suggested that the agency’s actions may have been not just negligent but also illegal.

“They did not follow the law,” he testified.





  Now....Ms Lerner went after a seated US Senator using the IRS as her hammer...

  Would be very eye opening to finally see how many times laws have been broken by this corrupt agency...Heard a report that they settled for a $50K fine....Compared to what they've cost taxpayers with their actions....that's cheap...


Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:40 am

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

  Now....Ms Lerner went after a seated US Senator using the IRS as her hammer...

  Would be very eye opening to finally see how many times laws have been broken by this corrupt agency...Heard a report that they settled for a $50K fine....Compared to what they've cost taxpayers with their actions....that's cheap...



I'm sure they settled rather than open up another can of worms. Probably lot's of retirements happening right now in that corrupt agency - the rats are running for cover. And Oblamer ignores the situation...... Oh that's right, it all happened while he chased around expensive golf courses........
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

avatar

Posts : 3139
Join date : 2013-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:58 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

  Now....Ms Lerner went after a seated US Senator using the IRS as her hammer...

  Would be very eye opening to finally see how many times laws have been broken by this corrupt agency...Heard a report that they settled for a $50K fine....Compared to what they've cost taxpayers with their actions....that's cheap...



I'm sure they settled rather than open up another can of worms. Probably lot's of retirements happening right now in that corrupt agency - the rats are running for cover. And Oblamer ignores the situation...... Oh that's right, it all happened while he chased around expensive golf courses........

Certainly didn't expect the AG to do anything!...
Back to top Go down
nochain

avatar

Posts : 2888
Join date : 2013-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:24 am

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

  Now....Ms Lerner went after a seated US Senator using the IRS as her hammer...

  Would be very eye opening to finally see how many times laws have been broken by this corrupt agency...Heard a report that they settled for a $50K fine....Compared to what they've cost taxpayers with their actions....that's cheap...



I'm sure they settled rather than open up another can of worms. Probably lot's of retirements happening right now in that corrupt agency - the rats are running for cover. And Oblamer ignores the situation...... Oh that's right, it all happened while he chased around expensive golf courses........

     Certainly didn't expect the AG to do anything!...

Nope, some of the mud might splash on his boyfriend Oblamer......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux   

Back to top Go down
 
Remember the 18 minute gap in Nixon's tape? Here's Part Deux
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Everyday Pensacola :: Politics-
Jump to: