Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

This is the darnest video I've ever seen.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BobW

BobW

This is the darnest video I've ever seen. Empty
PostSubject: This is the darnest video I've ever seen.   This is the darnest video I've ever seen. EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 9:09 am

Don't stop watching after you see the wreck happen. The really good stuff comes after that.
Be sure to put it on 1080p and make it full screen. That way you'll be able to see the canisters exploding and flying through the air.
All I can say is the guy who keeps videoing this musta had a death wish. He must never have heard of the concept of "shrapnel" before. lol

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: This is the darnest video I've ever seen.   This is the darnest video I've ever seen. EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 10:09 pm

Pretty violent...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: This is the darnest video I've ever seen.   This is the darnest video I've ever seen. EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 12:55 pm

How about this fireman carrying a burning Propane tank? Pretty damn dangerous!!!

Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: This is the darnest video I've ever seen.   This is the darnest video I've ever seen. EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 3:56 pm

Eric wrote:

How about this fireman carrying a burning Propane tank?  Pretty damn dangerous!!!

It's more than dangerous.  It's insane. Why did they wait to put the fire out AFTER carrying outside the  building.
I gather it must not be a good idea to spray water directly on the flame because even after the fireman carries the thing outside you'll notice that they're still not spraying water on the flame and instead shooting water on the propane bottle below the flame.  BUT I assume fire trucks carry fire extinguishers.  So why wouldn't it have been smarter to spray a fire extinguisher on the bottle while it was still inside the building.

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: This is the darnest video I've ever seen.   This is the darnest video I've ever seen. EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:36 pm

BobW wrote:
Eric wrote:

How about this fireman carrying a burning Propane tank?  Pretty damn dangerous!!!

It's more than dangerous.  It's insane. Why did they wait to put the fire out AFTER carrying outside the  building.
I gather it must not be a good idea to spray water directly on the flame because even after the fireman carries the thing outside you'll notice that they're still not spraying water on the flame and instead shooting water on the propane bottle below the flame.  BUT I assume fire trucks carry fire extinguishers.  So why wouldn't it have been smarter to spray a fire extinguisher on the bottle while it was still inside the building.

Bob, the gas would still be flowing out of the bottle. Imagine the building filling up with propane and an ignition source was found by the gas... a pilot light, an electrical switch was thrown, a static spark... and KABLOOIE! It is usually advisable to let the gas burn the tank empty. They do it with tank cars on trains too.
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

PostSubject: Re: This is the darnest video I've ever seen.   This is the darnest video I've ever seen. EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:49 pm

Eric wrote:

Bob, the gas would still be flowing out of the bottle. Imagine the building filling up with propane and an ignition source was found by the gas... a pilot light, an electrical switch was thrown, a static spark... and KABLOOIE! It is usually advisable to let the gas burn the tank empty. They do it with tank cars on trains too.

Oh. It's a good thing I aint a fireman. lol
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: This is the darnest video I've ever seen.   This is the darnest video I've ever seen. EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:50 pm

If you can keep the tank cool, it probably won't BLEVE... (rhymes with Chevy).

In one of my old NFPA manuals, there was a picture of a tank farm fire that was taken seconds before a bleve. There were dozens of firemen that were about a hundred yards from the tanks. The caption said that the bleve killed everyone in this picture, including the cameraman.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is the darnest video I've ever seen.   This is the darnest video I've ever seen. Empty

Back to top Go down

This is the darnest video I've ever seen.
Page 1 of 1