Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions Empty
PostSubject: Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions   Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 8:27 pm

LEE COUNTY, FL - In the course of a little more than a week - Fort Myers mom Susan Scrivjer's name has become national news.

Schrivjer started a Change.org petition to get Toys 'R' Us to pull the 'Breaking Bad' characters from the shelves because they come with guns, gas masks - even a bag of crystal meth.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/26851257/mom-makes-national-headlines-with-breaking-bad-toy-petition#.VEhZF2PD8qQ

You got to be freaking kidding me. They thought it was ok to make a toy doll with a bag full of meth.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions   Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 11:39 pm

Wow. I have no words....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions   Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 4:24 am

Chrissy wrote:
LEE COUNTY, FL - In the course of a little more than a week - Fort Myers mom Susan Scrivjer's name has become national news.

Schrivjer started a Change.org petition to get Toys 'R' Us to pull the 'Breaking Bad' characters from the shelves because they come with guns, gas masks - even a bag of crystal meth.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/26851257/mom-makes-national-headlines-with-breaking-bad-toy-petition#.VEhZF2PD8qQ

You got to be freaking kidding me. They thought it was ok to make a toy doll with a bag full of meth.

Nothing says Christmas like a doll with it's own meth......
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions   Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 9:12 am

It was a stupid idea to begin with.

The exec that authorized the manufacture of these things is probably swinging in the wind.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions   Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 1:16 pm

Good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions   Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 7:50 pm

You know I have known about this program and never really thought about it. I understand its a huge hit. Because of this story I started asking questions because my son loves this show.

Apparently the man in this show is dying of cancer. He is a chemist and is worried he will not leave his family enough to live on so he starts making and selling meth.

I have a problem with this show as it is glorify or justifying making and selling meth.

I told my son this to give him perspective and ask him would it be ok if I started making meth and selling it. Thankfully he said no so he must know the difference between right and wrong and tv and reality.

However, not all people do. And its unbelievable that they have this show to begin with but to make a damn toy figure with a bag of meth and sell it at toys R us is WOW... insane!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions   Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions Empty

Back to top Go down

Toys R Us pulls 'Breaking Bad' dolls after local mom petitions
Page 1 of 1