Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Best dinner in town

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Best dinner in town Empty
PostSubject: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 11:52 pm

Eric does it again.....

Best dinner in town Tunast10
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:05 am

Don't let shesurfs see those animal parts grilling...she loves animals...hates plants though...
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:37 am

Fish. We did disscuss the matter. SbeSurf did not attend.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:42 am

What kind of fish was it? You're gonna make me hungry.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 8:00 am

Tuna.......It was really good.. Eric really goes all out. He is a great cook.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 4:11 pm

I do miss gulf fish. I have all the salmon I can eat, but I miss gulf fish.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 6:41 pm

We had shrimp 'n crab bisque as well.

Off their website:

The Point's Bisque

1 lb. Royal red shrimp (meat only, cut in small pieces)
1 lb. Lump crabmeat (picked free of shell)
1 lb. Claw crabmeat (picked free of shell)
1 lb. Butter
3 ribs celery sliced paper thin
2 lg. Carrots grated
12 oz. SR flour
3 qts milk
1 pt half and half
8 oz. Monterray jack cheese, grated
10 oz. Cooking sherry
1 tsp paprika
1tsp celery salt
1tsp seafood seasoning

In a 3 gal pot melt the butter over med-high heat, add the carrots and celery and 2-3 oz of the sherry, sautй using a wire whip for 2-3 mins, then add the shrimp. Continue cooking until the shrimp have gotten opaque, the add the flour stirring constantly slowly add the milk and the half and half. Heat until it almost to a boil, then stir in the cheese and the seasonings. Add the crabmeat and return to near boil…add the remaining sherry, and turn off. Make a mixture of equal parts of the seasonings to garnish when served.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 6:44 pm

Minus 10 points for not mentioning the Bisque.....It was very very good.............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 6:48 pm

yummy................ I have admired erics cooking from afar....... It is obvious he is a GREAT CHEF!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 6:53 pm

HG, we played badmiton around midnight.  Christine did a faceplant, chasing the shuttlecock.  

We were sitting there with the floodlights on... about 1:30 a.m., and three deer ambled by about 30 yards away.  They stopped every once and a while and foraged for food, once looking over our way, but they didn't show concern for us sitting there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 6:55 pm

Where were y'all? your house?

very cool.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 6:59 pm

Chrissy wrote:

very cool.

Yep. We were just sitting on the back porch with the chimnea burning and the deer just ambled by.

Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:00 pm

Eric wrote:
Chrissy wrote:

very cool.

Yep.  We were just sitting on the back porch with the chimnea burning and the deer just ambled by.

You must be visiting seaoat...LOL.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:01 pm

I don't understand.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:05 pm

Seaoat paints those very same pictures of his place up in Illinois, little critters frolicking nearby  and his loving family sitting around hanging on his every word...
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:14 pm

I see... too idyllic... too good to be true. Bob was there, so he can vouch for it.

We see deer in our subdivision late at night, say, when we're driving home after a night out. And sometimes, there are deer on Sorrento Road near our subdivision.

Our Back yard. 17th green on the right, 18th tee on the left.
Best dinner in town 18th_t10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:17 pm

Beautiful place.

Its so nice to be able to see wildlife like that. It makes you get excited. I know it does me. It just makes the whole experience when your doing something a little bit more special.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:21 pm

Yeah I dodged 2 deer last night on a side road down to my house. I also got cottonmouths and rattlesnakes top that !
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:27 pm

Teo, you can have all the cottonmouths and rattlesnakes that you want.  It is rare we see a snake.

The deer wreak havoc on ornamental shrubs and citrus fruit in our subdivision.  My dad planted a live oak in the front yard in the 1970's and it is now huge.  Right now, there are probably 10,000 acorns on the driveway.  My neighbor says the deer really like my front yard when the acorns are out there.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Is you front yard posted I could use some fresh venison ?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Nah, it's not posted, but there is a sheriff's substation a half-mile away.

You could come over and claim a "stand your ground" defense. (Those pesky deer... charged at me.)
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:33 pm

I'll use a bow and a flashlight.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 6:57 am

Eric has a very nice place. He loves his chimnea and his Grill. He is also a audiophile and has a first class music system controlled from his Ipad.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Sounds like my kind of place. I like good food, good tunes and good company,... all in front of a good fire! :]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best dinner in town   Best dinner in town Empty

Back to top Go down

Best dinner in town
Page 1 of 1