Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? Empty
PostSubject: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 2:36 pm

http://readynutrition.com/resources/when-should-i-go-into-a-full-pandemic-lockdown-mode-and-self-quarantine_16102014/

The time to make preparations for a worst-case scenario is now. The following are six key warning signs you should be looking for. When these events come to pass or you see these signals, you should strongly consider implementing a self quarantine lockdown:

1 Emergency officials say they have the situation under control, but more cases continue to pop up.
2 Local and state governments officially declare an emergency.
3 Cases have been identified at your local hospital or at schools in your general vicinity.
4 The general public begins to panic and store shelves start running out of key supplies like food and bottled water.
5 Looting and lawlessness occurs within the local community.
6The virus breaches a 50-mile radius surrounding your home or town.

If any of these signs begin to appear around you, it’s time to seriously consider distancing yourself from society, and especially highly dense venues like retail stores, sporting events or schools.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 4:54 pm

If I was down there I would probably be all hunkered down already.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 5:01 pm

Yeah it's getting close for me also. So far nothing within 50 miles but that could change in a New York Minute....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 10:07 pm

Are you locked down out at camp fema? I would be.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 10:25 pm

Actually Camp FEMA was ready long ago...the only thing missing up there is me. I am at my other house where I have faster internet and am closer to town. Life's a gamble...
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 10:35 pm

That surprises me.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 10:45 pm

Don't be too surprised. I topped off my fresh fruit tonite and plan on locking down my house near town and moving to FEMA tomorrow for the next three weeks at least just to see what happens in the cities.
I am sure my house will be looted if the worst happens and I have been moving tools and valuables back up to my bug out. One of the things that slowed me down was I was supposed to babysit 4 of my grandkids this week.That got canceled this afternoon..My son's wife decided she didn't want to fly or travel so she is staying home to watch them..
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 10:56 pm

Smart lady. My cousin and his family just flew to Hawaii... into Hurricane Ana. On it's face flying from Alaska to Hawaii would seem to be one of the safest US flights, but there are lots of tourists going to Hawaii, canceling out that theory. I feel badly for them... they've had this planned and paid for for about a year and Deb has wanted to go literally forever.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 11:06 pm

Hopefully Deb will evade the bug. I think they already have a case in Hawaii. I didn't like flying back when they smoked on planes they would have to drag me on a plane now...Ebola is no way to end it.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Well it's not just her... it's my cousin and their 6-year old daughter. I was a little concerned, obviously.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 11:37 pm

With very good reason. This stuff is weird, it has a very long incubation period and no one knows how it spreads exactly....70 % kill ratio, not likely to survive that.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 11:46 pm

The storm was well south of Hawaii. It just brought heavy rain, according to my brother that lives in Honolulu.

As for travel...my brother and my nephew have been touring southern Europe for the last few weeks and flew back to Hawaii 3 days ago from either Spain or Portugal. I asked him what kind of Ebola screening he had endure. He said none.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySat Oct 18, 2014 11:51 pm

Is there something about this disease they are not telling us or are all our trusted leaders just idiots in all countries ?....No screening at all ?....They must want us all dead or they are in deep denial.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:04 am

I was suprised. Especially with him having been in Spain.

Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:08 am

We should start a facebook called friends of Ebola and put Obama and his crews pictures there.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:15 am

Wow, no screening. That's comforting.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 12:01 pm

Like me being sent through TSA screening and xray at Orlando International because my sil did not have explosive residue on his hands. We were travelling without luggage...I only had a tote bag and Sil had a backpack.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 4:03 pm

I walk through ANFO everyday and it's possible that there is also residue on my backpack, so I am not looking forward to my next trip through TSA, particularly since I get freaking strip searched every time already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:02 pm

Ive been carrying around cavicide wipes to open doors, touch buttons etc.

Im not only protecting myself a little better but making the world a little more safer.

Start a trend and do it. You don't look as crazy carrying a tissue to touch things as a glove. I know, I did both this week lol
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:37 pm

I smeared some hand jell on the gas pump handle yesterday.  I am sure the next customer will think it is snot .... Ha ha
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 7:39 pm

Or something nastier...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Eric wrote:
Or something nastier...

LMAO! Soooo gross. The girls at the fuel station I go to wipe off the handles and the key pads with Clorox wipes several times a day. I'm not sure if most places do that or not.

Fortunately it is already kind of cold up here so I can wear insulated leather gloves whenever I touch anything outside, and no one bats an eye if you don't take them off inside. People just assume that you've been working outside.

Soon it will be so cold up here that nothing will be able to survive outside, not even Ebola. I am actually looking forward to that this year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 6:35 am

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/99228.php

http://www.ask.com/science/temperature-viruses-die-604d2a531fb11268#full-answer

I don't want you to think your in the clear because its cold up there. Still be careful.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:17 pm

Chrissy wrote:
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/99228.php

http://www.ask.com/science/temperature-viruses-die-604d2a531fb11268#full-answer

I don't want you to think your in the clear because its cold up there. Still be careful.

Oh no, I know bacteria and viruses can survive below freezing temperatures... I learned that working in the produce cooler in a grocery store :/ Yuk.

When I said that it would be too cold for anything to survive outside I was referring to the fact that the temperature will soon be below zero for most of the next several months. You have to wear gloves whenever you're outside so you don't burn your hands if you touch anything metal.

I will be careful, Chrissy. Thank you :]
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 1:40 pm

... and please don't eat the yellow snow...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?   When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine? Empty

Back to top Go down

When Should I Go Into a Full Pandemic Lockdown Mode And Self Quarantine?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next