Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights... Empty
PostSubject: Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights...   Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights... EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 11:01 am

http://www.lewrockwell.com/2014/10/john-w-whitehead/living-in-a-police-state/

Over 78% of the funds paid out by Denver taxpayers over the course of a decade arose as a result of alleged abuse or excessive use of force by the Denver police and sheriff departments. Meanwhile, taxpayers in Ferguson, Missouri, are being asked to pay $40 million in compensation—more than the city’s entire budget—for police officers treating them “‘as if they were war combatants,’ using tactics like beating, rubber bullets, pepper spray, and stun grenades, while the plaintiffs were peacefully protesting, sitting in a McDonalds, and in one case walking down the street to visit relatives.”

.......Schwartz references a case in which three Denver police officers chased and then beat a 16-year-old boy, stomping “on the boy’s back while using a fence for leverage, breaking his ribs and causing him to suffer kidney damage and a lacerated liver.” The cost to Denver taxpayers to settle the lawsuit: $885,000. The amount the officers contributed: 0.

Kathryn Johnston, 92 years old, was shot and killed during a SWAT team raid that went awry. Attempting to cover their backs, the officers falsely claimed Johnston’s home was the site of a cocaine sale and went so far as to plant marijuana in the house to support their claim. The cost to Atlanta taxpayers to settle the lawsuit: $4.9 million. The amount the officers contributed: 0.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights...   Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights... EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 12:07 pm

So, how do we fix the problem?  We must have a police force to keep order.

How about a law that says all complaints of police brutality/abuse be investigated by someone other than the police?

How about police being punished for their mistakes in judgement?  We must pay the price for our mistakes, why not the police?  At a minimum, if a cop is found to lie about what happened or go so far as to plant evidence, they should be punished and NOT allowed to be a law enforcement officer anywhere.  Cops have lied about my actions twice and it cost me tons of money!

How about mandatory body-cams?  Rialto, California police have been wearing body-cams and
Quote :
"after cameras were introduced in February 2012, public complaints against officers plunged 88% compared with the previous 12 months. Officers' use of force fell by 60%."

And make a law that says the video is public record.  Although body cams are funded by public money and worn by public servants while on the job, some police departments are not releasing the video, saying is is a personal record.  I say BULLSHIT!  Link.  Other Police departments only release video that seems to enforce their side of a story, citing privacy concerns when refusing to release video.  There are valid concerns, such as when someone is naked or a juvenile is abused, but those can be excluded from release by a judge. Police are reluctant to wear body cams. Do they have something to hide?

How about rewarding police financially for NOT being dirtbags.  Let's face it, they deal with scum just about every day and saying "you get to keep your jobs" just doesn't offer much incentive.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights...   Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights... EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 1:13 pm

A big thing would be judges that give more than slap on the hand sentences to the law breakers.

Think about it Eric, how would you have felt when the summons you wrote were basically ignored by the judges and the one you gave them to just laughed at you??
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights...   Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights... EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 1:24 pm

I had a well-documented Health Department case before Judge Lagergren. It should have been an easy case for conviction.

His son was real good friends with the defendant. The judge didn't recuse himself.

"Not Guilty!"
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights...   Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights... EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 4:16 pm

I bet the one you gave the summons to thinks ALL inspectors are worthless crooked idiots....
They have a job to do and some do it better than others while some just sign off and go to the next place to inspect.. Some never get out of the car but inspect and sign off 50 building permits before lunch.. YES, I've seen it happen....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights...   Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights... EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 4:29 pm

Some of the inspectors WERE crooked.

Before Christmas, the boss would send his food service inspectors (not me, thankfully) around to the restaurants and they were seeking donations to the boss' Christmas party.

I went to the party one time and then the boss stopped doing it, but it was a long-time event from what I heard. The spread was real nice, all kinds of foods and liquors. I remember the presentation of a gator tail all sliced up and cooked, wild turkey, and restaurant food.

There were state legislators, county commissioners, the movers and the shakers... and lowlife like me.

I remember one contractor gave me a Smithfield ham for Christmas. All the other inspectors got one too, so I didn't tell him to put it where the sun don't shine and make a scene. I took it down to the food pantry.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights...   Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights... EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 4:37 pm

Thank you Eric, you have ethics....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights...   Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights... EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Making up for a not-so-nice childhood.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights...   Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights... EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 9:59 am

Read this article today.  THE ARTICLE.

It deals with the FBI framing a black Muslim who refused to spy on Muslims.  It is rather long, but worth the read.

An excerpt:

Quote :
On the night of his arrest, Sheehan instructed two Springfield Police officers to stop Abdul-Alim as he approached a store. According to a police radio transcript, the officers pat-frisked Abdul-Alim and told Sheehan that he was clear of any weapons. Sheehan ordered them to conduct a second search and, according to one transcript, they again responded that Abdul-Alim did not have any weapons.

Sheehan asked over the police radio, “Is the subject in earshot?” and then asked one of the officers, Angel Berrios, to step away. This is where the record ends. Abdul-Alim alleges that Berrios then pushed him against the police car, pulled down his pants and boxers, probed his testicles, spread his buttocks and yelled out, “Gun!”

After his conviction, while he's in prison (still there), his wife (unbeknownst to him, a paid informer), sold his business, his house and split for parts unknown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights...   Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights... Empty

Back to top Go down

Takes a lot of grease to keep the police state crushing citizens rights...
Page 1 of 1