Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll Empty
PostSubject: 1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll   1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 7:38 am

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/19/us-usa-secession-exclusive-idUSKBN0HE19U20140919

Some 23.9 percent of Americans polled from Aug. 23 through Sept. 16 said they strongly supported or tended to support the idea of their state breaking away, while 53.3 percent of the 8,952 respondents strongly opposed or tended to oppose the notion.

The urge to sever ties with Washington cuts across party lines and regions, though Republicans and residents of rural Western states are generally warmer to the idea than Democrats and Northeasterners, according to the poll.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: 1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll   1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 9:36 am

Does not surprise me, but it would be a tough row to hoe to go it alone without federal money these days.
Back to top Go down
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: 1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll   1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 11:20 am

It's going to come as a severe shock to cities like detroit, chicago, dc...

when printing and borrowing fail to tread water.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: 1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll   1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 12:25 pm

Weaponized Ebola released , medical martial law, the sound of automatic weapons fire .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll   1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 1:41 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/09/19/us-usa-secession-exclusive-idUSKBN0HE19U20140919

Some 23.9 percent of Americans polled from Aug. 23 through Sept. 16 said they strongly supported or tended to support the idea of their state breaking away, while 53.3 percent of the 8,952 respondents strongly opposed or tended to oppose the notion.

The urge to sever ties with Washington cuts across party lines and regions, though Republicans and residents of rural Western states are generally warmer to the idea than Democrats and Northeasterners, according to the poll.

Better yet, why don't we just make sure the politicians in the white house all get succeeded back to their own house.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: 1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll   1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 2:12 pm

true it's the feds that are out of control....we need to give power back to the states and if you don't like the way a state is run move to one you do like. Or run for local office.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: 1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll   1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 3:13 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
true it's the feds that are out of control....we need to give power back to the states and if you don't like the way a state is run move to one you do like.  Or run for local office.

Shocked You sound like such a Libertarian, T!! cheers

I intentionally moved back to a state that I knew I hated how it was run because my granny was there. Then I moved to a state that I love for work... although I believe we're in the top 5 list for most corrupt states.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll   1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll Empty

Back to top Go down

1 in 4 Americans would secede from the USA...poll
Page 1 of 1