Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Aragon Court

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Aragon Court Empty
PostSubject: Aragon Court   Aragon Court EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 8:25 pm

Aragon Court 10568926_10204924502582027_6589170187032459692_n
I go way back in Pensacola history. I remember the projects and bars like the Bali Hi and other "Joints" . Some of my friends lived in the now trendy houses It is truly amazing what they have done with Aragon court and the surrounding area. Riding a bicycle in the early morning hours offers a new perspective on every thing. Really neat houses and apartments, the Wall south and even the pond by wall south is great. I could never afford to live in the area, but my daughter and son could. I think that being able to display a fragile work of art in park for every one to see and touch, is proof of a job well done. Today ride made me very proud. ..Aragon Court 10303173_10204925363163541_1401764905875168634_n

Aragon Court 10593112_10204924569903710_2052840021118434085_n
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Aragon Court Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aragon Court   Aragon Court EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 9:07 pm

Very nice.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Aragon Court Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aragon Court   Aragon Court EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 11:06 pm

Hallmark, I've cycled that area many times and agree with you that it is a lovely area. I appreciate that the architecture transitions so well with the historical architecture of the Seville area. A few more years of tree plantings will do wonders for it.

I have always wondered what happened to the people who lived in the public housing there and what they think about the new development….
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Aragon Court Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aragon Court   Aragon Court EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 6:08 am

They were just poor folks, with poor ways.  As taxes and building permits became increasing strong they could not afford to live in their houses,  Remember, a lot of people in the Seville area were the working poor.  Some were offered a fair price for their houses and they moved on.  Others fell victim to taxes and sub prime type loans.   Riding thought the area yesterday made me remember that there really was not much there.  As for the projects, they are not really homes, just a place to stay......
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Aragon Court Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aragon Court   Aragon Court EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 8:48 am

They can have that Aragon area all they want. The place floods in heavy rains and tropical systems give 'me a wallop too.

The parks are a good use for that land along the waterfront. They offer some stormwater retention and prevent homes from being built... homes that taxpayers subsidize the rebuilding of after major tropical weather.

I like the area out in the water with the shell piles and reclaimed marsh. It was called Project Greenshores. It serves to filter stormwater coming off the land and it is a great habitat for lots of critters.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

Aragon Court Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aragon Court   Aragon Court Empty

Back to top Go down

Aragon Court
Page 1 of 1