Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Today, US District Court Court Declares BP GUILTY of Gross Negligence

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Today, US District Court Court Declares BP GUILTY of Gross Negligence Empty
PostSubject: Today, US District Court Court Declares BP GUILTY of Gross Negligence   Today, US District Court Court Declares BP GUILTY of Gross Negligence EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 4:49 pm

Of course, BP isn't happy.  Over at Rick's Blog, there is an article about it.

Quote :
The statutory maximum penalty is $1,100 per barrel where the court finds simple negligence and $4,300 per barrel where the court finds gross negligence or willful misconduct.

Lessee, at a Government estimate of 4.9 million Barrels (Wikipedia), times $4,300, that is a $21.07 BILLION fine.

Wowzers!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Today, US District Court Court Declares BP GUILTY of Gross Negligence   Today, US District Court Court Declares BP GUILTY of Gross Negligence EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 9:46 am

It's about time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
PkrBum

PkrBum

PostSubject: Re: Today, US District Court Court Declares BP GUILTY of Gross Negligence   Today, US District Court Court Declares BP GUILTY of Gross Negligence EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 10:19 am

I highly doubt anywhere near that much is ever collected. The govt was in bed with these ventures going so far as to extend them liability caps to cut out the costly private insurance policies. The govt inserted their own regulators and inspectors... of course we have heard next to no coverage of that corruption. There's much more blame to spread around than simply the deserved blame bp has... but would there have been an event had the govt not been so involved? Probably not is my guess.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Today, US District Court Court Declares BP GUILTY of Gross Negligence   Today, US District Court Court Declares BP GUILTY of Gross Negligence EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 12:16 pm

Subsequent articles have said the proposed fine is 17 Billion dollars. I don't know how they pared 20% off the fine I calculated, but I aints good at the maths, y'know.

It certainly will be appealed... the fine and the determination of Gross Negligence... which quadrupled the fine. Like Doood said, it will be a cold day in hell when the gubment sees any of that money.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Today, US District Court Court Declares BP GUILTY of Gross Negligence   Today, US District Court Court Declares BP GUILTY of Gross Negligence EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 6:56 pm

Who here got any money from BP?

It ruined my life because I lived on the bay. Got depressed, couldn't go boating which was my only entertainment. watched the crabs die, carcuses float up onto the shore etc etc, then I moved.

I want $50 grand now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today, US District Court Court Declares BP GUILTY of Gross Negligence   Today, US District Court Court Declares BP GUILTY of Gross Negligence Empty

Back to top Go down

Today, US District Court Court Declares BP GUILTY of Gross Negligence
Page 1 of 1