Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck

Go down 
+5
Joanimaroni
TEOTWAWKI
PkrBum
Eric
riceme
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck   Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:27 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Make sure the thermostat gets the engine up to temp and holds it there. Chk the coolant overflow to be sure the antifreeze is on the cold line and is green and not rusty colored. Listen to the brakes also are they spongy and check the emergency brake to see if it will stop the car from a slow roll.  Operate windows radio all electronics and try the ignition switch at all the settings to make sure it's not worn out.

Very Happy Adding all to my list except e-brake. We do not use them up here because they blow apart in the extreme cold. If you get in the habit of using them in "warm" weather you will be sorry in the cold.

Thank you, Teeeeee!!!

sunny

Well, I guess I should check the e-brake in case I need to use it in an actual "e"mergency. lol
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck   Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:34 pm

Remember tire tread must be above Lincolns head on a penny or it needs replaced. Look for leaks around the rear differential and listen for noise from it with the window down at high speed. Look for leaks where it's parked after you
Pull it away from where it was sitting. Check for excessive play in the steering.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck   Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:43 pm

Check belts for cracks and get hold of a cigarette lighter alternator tester. They are cheap and will tell you if your battery is being properly charged. Also get a antifreeze tester and be sure you have enough antifreeze water ratio to keep from popping freeze plugs this winter
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck   Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:46 pm

I would have mentioned the AC chks but you probably just roll a window down up there.LOL
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck   Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:57 pm

I don't know what a cigarette lighter alternator tester is... explain?

Actually it's pretty important that the AC works so that the defrost works well. It is a law in Alaska that a vehicle that is equipped with defroster have functional defroster. When people sell junker vehicles up here they are listed as a "BEATER WITH A HEATER" lol.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck   Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 4:19 pm

HERE YA GO TOOK ME A WHILE TO GET BACK TO A COMPUTER WITH THE PICTURES

Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck - Page 3 A110

Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck - Page 3 A210
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck   Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 4:26 pm

Oh wow, that's awesome! Mama want! :]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck   Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Divorcing the Tacoma... Let's talk turkey on my new truck
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3