Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Get the smelling salts... GOP'ers say they won't leave until vote on Immigration.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Get the smelling salts... GOP'ers say they won't leave until vote on Immigration. Empty
PostSubject: Get the smelling salts... GOP'ers say they won't leave until vote on Immigration.   Get the smelling salts... GOP'ers say they won't leave until vote on Immigration. EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 12:10 pm

From HuffPo:

WASHINGTON -- After canceling a vote on funding to address the border crisis because not enough House Republicans supported it, GOP members were scrambling for a new solution so they don't go home to face constituents with nothing.

Members met Thursday afternoon to figure out a game plan. Afterward, they said there was near-consensus on one thing: They'll stay in Washington, postponing the start of their August recess, until they pass something.

"I think we'll be here until we vote. We might be here tonight, we might be here tomorrow, we might be here at the end of the so-called break," Rep. Spencer Bachus (R-Ala.) told reporters.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

Get the smelling salts... GOP'ers say they won't leave until vote on Immigration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Get the smelling salts... GOP'ers say they won't leave until vote on Immigration.   Get the smelling salts... GOP'ers say they won't leave until vote on Immigration. EmptySun Aug 03, 2014 8:03 am

Eric wrote:
From HuffPo:

WASHINGTON -- After canceling a vote on funding to address the border crisis because not enough House Republicans supported it, GOP members were scrambling for a new solution so they don't go home to face constituents with nothing.

Members met Thursday afternoon to figure out a game plan. Afterward, they said there was near-consensus on one thing: They'll stay in Washington, postponing the start of their August recess, until they pass something.

"I think we'll be here until we vote. We might be here tonight, we might be here tomorrow, we might be here at the end of the so-called break," Rep. Spencer Bachus (R-Ala.) told reporters.

The cowh and Harry Reid said...'No' to whatever is passed.... Like so much other legislation that's gone to the Senate it's DOA and not even a starting point to address the problem... So as you point out correctly so often... it's a waste of money and these legislators hanging around when the outcome has been determined is foolish... once again it's politics over solutions...
Back to top Go down

Get the smelling salts... GOP'ers say they won't leave until vote on Immigration.
Page 1 of 1