Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  Empty
PostSubject: Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza    Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 7:31 am

NEW YORK - Thousands of people took to the streets of New York City on Friday evening to protest Israel's offensive in the Gaza Strip and demand an end to the violence that has reportedly killed nearly 850 Palestinians.

Related:
• Anti-Israel protesters attack Paris synagogue

Police scrambled to corral the demonstrators, which officers estimated numbered between 2,000 and 3,000, as they flooded into the busy streets around Times Square.

Waving Palestinian flags and signs condemning Israel for the offensive, many called for an end to US aid to the country.

"We're trying to break the siege and end the killing in Palestine. We just want them to live like human beings," said Ramsey Jamal, 37, a Palestinian-American from Montgomery, New York.

http://www.jpost.com/Operation-Protective-Edge/Thousands-take-to-NY-streets-to-protest-Israeli-offensive-in-Gaza-368957

FYI. I am PRO Israel. As far as I am concerned we can pack up all the pals and the rest of the muslims and send them back over to the middle east. Then maybe we have more room and money for south Americans. Even I can compromise.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza    Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 10:18 am

I read a good article on foxnews.com this morning.

According to the article, the majority of Palestinians despise Hamas for what they have done to them. They blame Hamas for this power grab as well as the resulting deaths of hundreds of civilians on the Gaza strip.

The article was an eye-opener, but now I can't find it on the Fox site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza    Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  EmptySat Jul 26, 2014 10:34 am

Mel, it made too much sense. 'tis Fox, y'know...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza    Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 8:56 am

Yeah, Eric, I know. I check out the Fox page because it's easy to access. I used to use MSNBC, but they screwed it up when they altered the format to fit Windows 8.

I use lots of other news sources, too. I was just struck by the article I mentioned. It gave me another perspective, if the quotes in the article were true. Only one person agreed to let Fox publish his name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza    Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  EmptySun Jul 27, 2014 9:03 am

Melissa wrote:
Yeah, Eric, I know. I check out the Fox page because it's easy to access. I used to use MSNBC, but they screwed it up when they altered the format to fit Windows 8.

I use lots of other news sources, too. I was just struck by the article I mentioned. It gave me another perspective, if the quotes in the article were true. Only one person agreed to let Fox publish his name.

Im so hating windows 8

btw, I heard Pensacola had a Israel protest there.

I'm not shy when I say this. But if I was Israel. I would end this war and it would be ugly but it would be done with.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza    Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 4:51 am

*~Tree~* wrote:
Melissa wrote:

Im so hating windows 8

btw, I heard Pensacola had a Israel protest there.

I'm not shy when I say this. But if I was Israel. I would end this war and it would be ugly but it would be done with.

Funny that when Israel has had enough and starts to knock the crap outta Hamas [or anyone for that matter] there are immediate calls for cease fires...peace talks and condemnation of Israel...When Hamas continues to lob artillery into Israel is there the same level of condemnation?...
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza    Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 7:02 am

As one Israeli official said, "when it is quiet in Israel it will be quiet in Gaza".

Pretty simple.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza    Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 7:59 am

nochain wrote:
As one Israeli official said, "when it is quiet in Israel it will be quiet in Gaza".

Pretty simple.

Israel initially agreed to the extension of the cease fire...Hamas rejected....Idiot protesters appear against Israel...Sounds about right huh?....
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza    Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 9:19 am

I read a quote yesterday that made sense.

If you kick the shit out of Hamas, "what replaces it will be much worse".  Just look at what's ISIS is doing now.  Killing the Christians, blowing up shrines, mutilating girls & women, stoning adulterers, cutting off hands, mass murders...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza    Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  EmptyMon Jul 28, 2014 9:27 am

Eric wrote:

If you kick the shit out of Hamas, "what replaces it will be much worse".  Just look at what's ISIS is doing now.  Killing the Christians, blowing up shrines, mutilating girls & women, stoning adulterers, cutting off hands, mass murders...

But...in the case of Israel can they afford not too?....Got a feeling if ISIS starts up with them...there will be further actions taken...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza    Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  EmptyWed Jul 30, 2014 5:23 pm

mediawatcher wrote:
Eric wrote:

But...in the case of Israel can they afford not too?....Got a feeling if ISIS starts up with them...there will be further actions taken...

as well they should.

Personally I am sick of the crap about Israel. They gave up the west bank, not enough, gave up gaza, not enough.

There are plenty of muslim states over there. and muslims will not stop until they wipe Israel out of the area.

There is ethnic cleaning by muslims going on all over there and the get a pass.

This is really pissing me off.

I'm sorry, but the islamist really need to suffer a HUGE black eye.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza    Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 7:06 pm

*~Tree~* wrote:
NEW YORK - Thousands of people took to the streets of New York City on Friday evening to protest Israel's offensive in the Gaza Strip and demand an end to the violence that has reportedly killed nearly 850 Palestinians.

Related:
• Anti-Israel protesters attack Paris synagogue

Police scrambled to corral the demonstrators, which officers estimated numbered between 2,000 and 3,000, as they flooded into the busy streets around Times Square.

Waving Palestinian flags and signs condemning Israel for the offensive, many called for an end to US aid to the country.

"We're trying to break the siege and end the killing in Palestine. We just want them to live like human beings," said Ramsey Jamal, 37, a Palestinian-American from Montgomery, New York.

http://www.jpost.com/Operation-Protective-Edge/Thousands-take-to-NY-streets-to-protest-Israeli-offensive-in-Gaza-368957

FYI. I am PRO Israel. As far as I am concerned we can pack up all the pals and the rest of the muslims and send them back over to the middle east. Then maybe we have more room and money for south Americans. Even I can compromise.

We would have more money for the kids from Central America if we weren't giving Israel foreign aid in the amount of $750 for every citizen in their nation. We give them the money, which they do NOT need ( they can support their own government very well) and then they buy weapons from us with the money we gave them. In other words, all those weapons you see the Israelis using on your TV are paid for with Your Tax Money.  We also give Germany money they do not need, and ditto with many other countries around the globe. We could end foreign aid and should, but I never hear the people on the right screaming about giving to foreign countries. They only like to grumble about giving money to the poor in our country.
As for being pro-Israel I'm not pro them blowing up schools established by the UN with children inside because they say Hamas hides their weaponry in the schools. If Hamas is hiding weaponry in those schools then let Israeli soldiers storm the buildings and look for them, but for goodness sake, don't send missiles to just blow up the schools  while kids are present and you know it. There is NO excuse on either side of the fight for that kind of savagery. We aren't talking about collateral damage, we are talking about intentionally targeting children.
Zionists think Israel can do no wrong because the Bible teaches them that the Jews are God's chosen people. We have a lot of Zionists in Congress who won't speak up against Israel's actions if their lives depend on it, and Israel knows that. They rely on the money from us because they know the religious beliefs in Congress and they can con us out of anything they want.
Both sides are dead wrong in this fight, Hamas for starting it and Israel for the way they are prosecuting it.
4000 years is too long for any two sides to hate each other. They are both insane, IMO. Who cares who descended from who anymore? It's ridiculous.

I doubt anyone but Teo agrees with me on this one and I guess he's not here today.
But we need to quit taking the side of any country that cannot act like grown-ups.
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza    Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 10:38 pm

Of course I agree....Israel created Hamas as a sort of controlled opposition they could use from time to time to point to as a reason to attack and take more land from Palestine...this is no different. They allow Hamas to fire relatively ineffective rockets giving them a righteous reason to further blow hell out of Palestine and genocide it's people...very simple political tool. Controlled opposition....

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2012/11/israel-and-the-u-s-created-hamas-hezbollah-and-other-terrorists-via-blowback.html
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza    Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 10:58 pm

Here's a little more straight forward accusation....

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/ZER403A.html

Thanks to the Mossad, Israel's "Institute for Intelligence and Special Tasks", the Hamas was allowed to reinforce its presence in the occupied territories. Meanwhile, Arafat's Fatah Movement for National Liberation as well as the Palestinian Left were subjected to the most brutal form of repression and intimidation

Let us not forget that it was Israel, which in fact created Hamas. According to Zeev Sternell, historian at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, "Israel thought that it was a smart ploy to push the Islamists against the Palestinian Liberation Organisation (PLO)".
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza    Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 11:14 pm

Here's the punch line of the article....this is why Israeli leadership secretly loves Hamas

The Hamas had built its strength through its various acts of sabotage of the peace process, in a way which was compatible with the interests of the Israeli government. In turn, the latter sought in a number of ways, to prevent the application of the Oslo accords. In other words, Hamas was fulfilling the functions for which it was originally created: to prevent the creation of a Palestinian State. And in this regard, Hamas and Ariel Sharon, see eye to eye; they are exactly on the same wave length.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza    Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza  Empty

Back to top Go down

Thousands take to NY streets to protest Israeli offensive in Gaza
Page 1 of 1