Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Did Jesus have a wife?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Did Jesus have a wife? Empty
PostSubject: Did Jesus have a wife?   Did Jesus have a wife? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 9:33 pm

http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/10/5600450/papyrus-gospel-of-jesus-wife-likely-wasnt-forged-scientists-claim

Could be. I've wondered why the person in "the Last Supper" painting that was standing next to Jesus seemed so much like a woman. Of course, novels have been written about that.
We don't know much about the first 33 years of his life, so I think a wife might not be such a surprising idea.

I don't see how it could be so opposite to any notions we have about Jesus. It wouldn't bother me a bit to find out it was so.

A lot of writings about Jesus' life have been disposed of by various political and Church leaders through the years, but there's no reason to think we couldn't possibly find some new ones. I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus have a wife?   Did Jesus have a wife? EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 9:59 pm

This scroll wasn't written until... what is it... 800 years after Jesus?  Sure, it was written in the 800's, so it isn't a modern-day forgery... but it still was 800 years after the time of Jesus.  Things tend to be misinterpreted when told down through the generations, y'know?

I'm with you, Otter, it wouldn't upset me if Jesus had a wife. We'll, so what?

So, about that Gospel of Judas?  Another scroll, I think.  It made a splash a few years back and I haven't heard anything else about it.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
wilburforce

wilburforce

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus have a wife?   Did Jesus have a wife? EmptyFri Apr 11, 2014 10:01 pm

Yes dear I promise to go to the mount after I do the dishes.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus have a wife?   Did Jesus have a wife? EmptySat Apr 12, 2014 9:04 am

^ LOL.
Back to top Go down
koolkat

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus have a wife?   Did Jesus have a wife? EmptyTue Jul 08, 2014 6:37 pm

I believe he did as well as a son. They found what they think is his tomb where he and Mary Magdalyn and their son is buried. Somewhere over in Jerusalem. The Jewish people had it covered over w/ cement so it could never be accessed again. Strange?
Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus have a wife?   Did Jesus have a wife? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 3:29 am

The idea of Jesus having sex...well naw...just not practical....that whole Zeus / Hercules thing...plus I can't picture Jesus with an O face....nope I ain't buying it. What woman would marry a man of whom it was said didn't have a place to lay his head ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus have a wife?   Did Jesus have a wife? EmptyWed Jul 09, 2014 8:28 am

Jesus didn't have sex. He didn't need to. He was the son of God. He had the Holy Ghost inseminate Mary Magdalyn. LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Jesus have a wife?   Did Jesus have a wife? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did Jesus have a wife?
Page 1 of 1