Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TSA doesn't seem to catch terrorists, but is good at ripping travelers off

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

TSA doesn't seem to catch terrorists, but is good at ripping travelers off Empty
PostSubject: TSA doesn't seem to catch terrorists, but is good at ripping travelers off   TSA doesn't seem to catch terrorists, but is good at ripping travelers off EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 1:29 pm

Quote :
At the time of his arrest, he was selling 80 cameras, video games and computers online.

Full story here.

In the past ten years, almost 400 TSA officers have been fired for stealing, 11 of which were fired this year.  I don't know of them ever catching a terrorist, although there was a good catch made by a TSA agent of a baby that rolled off a table.

Why can't they install security cameras to watch these guys... and fix the cameras that don't work? DUH!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

nochain

TSA doesn't seem to catch terrorists, but is good at ripping travelers off Empty
PostSubject: Re: TSA doesn't seem to catch terrorists, but is good at ripping travelers off   TSA doesn't seem to catch terrorists, but is good at ripping travelers off EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 2:31 pm

The lack of consistency is amazing too, seems like no two airports I've gone through do everything the same - maybe it's by design but I doubt it. I've never seen a report where TSA has intercepted a terrorist - not that they would have a chance against a determined criminal.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: TSA doesn't seem to catch terrorists, but is good at ripping travelers off   TSA doesn't seem to catch terrorists, but is good at ripping travelers off EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 3:20 pm

I also just read about this, E... they found people's luggage at these guys' homes, so it's not like they were "just" snagging some small or expensive items out of folks' things, they were (are) hauling people's luggage home with them.

I posted at the PNJ about this years ago, but I once accidentally flew back and forth across the country (to and from Pensacola, actually) with a large (4-inch) pocket knife in my purse... carry-on. I found it when I got home and was looking for something in my purse. On the flip side, I have had knives and tools stolen by TSA out of my checked bags on both cross country and international flights. Not to mention getting my breasts and crotch grabbed by a TSA officer. Hell, I don't really know what it matters they've stolen from you after that.

Didn't LAX shoot that terrorist last year?? Or was that Houston? Oh wait, it was both... I only remember because when the one in Texas happened I was with a bunch of guys enrolled in a wind turbine class who were mostly from the south. I read the article out loud and one of the guys in the class (a black guy) said, "Crazy f-ing white people." I showed everyone the picture of the shooter, a black guy, and we all laughed. The shooter at LAX was a scrawny white kid from Jersey and he shot an agent before they got him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TSA doesn't seem to catch terrorists, but is good at ripping travelers off   TSA doesn't seem to catch terrorists, but is good at ripping travelers off Empty

Back to top Go down

TSA doesn't seem to catch terrorists, but is good at ripping travelers off
Page 1 of 1