Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I have retired.

Go down 
+6
BobW
Joanimaroni
PkrBum
Eric
Ghost Rider
Melissa
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:06 pm

It was a long 35 ears, sometimes great, sometimes horrendous. It's time now for me to officially retire from nursing, so that's what I'm doing. No, I'm not 62 yet, but it'll be here when it gets here.

Meanwhile, I'm going to help my husband with clerical tasks related to his business. I can't do the work he does (I'm not trained), but I can organize, type fast, and be the general gopher. Actually, I've been riding along for a while now, and I finally decided that's what I want to do.

In the future, and between and betwixt, I plan to put in some perennial plants and and herbs in my greenhouse, rent a space at T Street or down on Palafox, and sell plants from time to time.

The cool air from the open window is blowing past me as I type.....I feel so free! cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:44 pm

You could send a box of those marvelous chocolate covered ice-creams That will do so nicely.

Moral of the story: Do not let friends sit with you at your computer when you retire. Stay by a nice fireplace. Very Happy

Last edited by PBulldog2 on Sat May 18, 2013 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptySat May 18, 2013 2:48 pm

Congrats PB2. Hope you enjoy your downtime.
Back to top Go down

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptySat May 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Good for you PB!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptySat May 18, 2013 8:01 pm

Woopie!

Now you can sleep in a bit. Nothing better than rolling over and catching a few more winks...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
PkrBum

PkrBum

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptySat May 18, 2013 9:44 pm

Congratulations..!! You deserve it..!!
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptySun May 19, 2013 7:50 am

So happy for you. Enjoy your retirement, you earned it!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptySun May 19, 2013 11:46 am

Thanks, guys! This is all very new to me, but we've been planning it for months now. I'll be helping my husband in his business (I could never sit home and do nothing at all.)

It is just time for me to let go of health care. Also, it's time to get some rest after all of these years on night shift. YES!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BobW

BobW

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptySun May 19, 2013 4:09 pm

When I entered UWF I was disappointed to learn that it offered no major in retirement. If it had and I coulda had retirement as a job from the gitgo I woulda took it. I was born for that career.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptyMon May 20, 2013 10:07 am

Congratulations PB.. I love waking up at 7:00 in the morning and rolling over for another hr or two if I want to..
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptyMon May 20, 2013 10:29 am

It is with great relief that I post my actual name.

For years now, I've been afraid my identity would leak out to my employer. I was unable to comment on certain PNJ articles for fear of.....well, you know.

I always said that the day I retired I would start posting under my own name, so there you have it. I am so happy to be here with all of you.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptyMon May 20, 2013 4:49 pm

YAY! Congratulations, Sweet Melissa! So happy for you, doll!

cheers
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: good    I have retired. EmptyMon May 20, 2013 7:31 pm

Melissa Brown wrote:
It is with great relief that I post my actual name.

For years now, I've been afraid my identity would leak out to my employer. I was unable to comment on certain PNJ articles for fear of.....well, you know.

I always said that the day I retired I would start posting under my own name, so there you have it. I am so happy to be here with all of you.

GOOD FOR YOU, PB!!!

My parents always said their happiest days were when my Dad retired and he and my Mom were able to work together.

I hope yours will prove every bit as happy as theirs were!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptyMon May 20, 2013 9:00 pm

Congratulations, PB! I think retirement is a well-deserved time of your life and to have the added benefit of a small business will give you a frame for the extra time you have. Looking forward to enjoying it vicariously with you!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptyTue May 21, 2013 7:25 am

Thanks, Stormy and SheSurfs! Yes, we're happy about it.

I just abbreviated my name on our forum 'cause it was toodarnedlong.... :-)
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:11 am

luv ya lots, you know that!

We dwell on what we have lost, not what we have.
God be with you my friend.
There will be turmoil, but remember to love that hubbie of yours!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptyWed May 22, 2013 9:45 am

Thanks, Storm. I don't know if you read my post under pets or not, but I suspect you did. Yes, it's so hard not to dwell on losses, but what happened made me realize what was important in my life, and it's not a job. It is my husband, my family of pets, my home.

I feel like I have not really been home for almost seven years. Seven years of work, sleep, work, sleep.....and declining physical health because of it. I felt like I was doing what I HAD to do, but I see now that is not necessarily so. There are other, better ways to get through this thing called life, and I am determined to remember that.

You should see the plethora of strange plants I have in my greenhouse that I plan to sell at the flea market! :-) I'll finally be doing what I have wanted to do for about ten years if and when I can get that going.

Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. EmptyThu May 23, 2013 8:52 am

Good for you girl!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I have retired. Empty
PostSubject: Re: I have retired.   I have retired. Empty

Back to top Go down

I have retired.
Page 1 of 1