Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Danish zoo kills healthy giraffe, feeds it to carnivores

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

Danish zoo kills healthy giraffe, feeds it to carnivores Empty
PostSubject: Danish zoo kills healthy giraffe, feeds it to carnivores   Danish zoo kills healthy giraffe, feeds it to carnivores EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 1:37 pm

I am trying to understand this. I really am. Having spent some time in Denmark and worked with Danes for years, I tried to tell myself that they're very no nonsense, practical, logical people, but this is just asinine. It was a male giraffe. Why did they not simply castrate it to solve the real issue, inbreeding? 

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/09/world/europe/denmark-zoo-giraffe/

I hate zoos. I think they're horrible places.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo kills healthy giraffe, feeds it to carnivores   Danish zoo kills healthy giraffe, feeds it to carnivores EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 4:49 pm

I agree Ricey but there will be zoos as long as people will pay to see the animals..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo kills healthy giraffe, feeds it to carnivores   Danish zoo kills healthy giraffe, feeds it to carnivores EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 6:23 pm

I don't like zoos either.  While I agree with captive breeding of species that are critically endangered, the animal habitat doesn't have to be a small cage that is typical of zoo enclosures.   Animal enclosures have to be small for zoo visitors to see a variety of animals within a reasonable walking distance. This is why I don't like zoos.

Perhaps captive breeding could be attained in animal reservations that are more spacious and more like their normal habitat.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo kills healthy giraffe, feeds it to carnivores   Danish zoo kills healthy giraffe, feeds it to carnivores EmptySun Feb 09, 2014 6:33 pm

The California Condor have done very well returning from extinction by being tagged and tracked by wildlife biologists and breeding on their own in the wild. They are quite a sight to behold. Downright prehistoric.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Danish zoo kills healthy giraffe, feeds it to carnivores   Danish zoo kills healthy giraffe, feeds it to carnivores Empty

Back to top Go down

Danish zoo kills healthy giraffe, feeds it to carnivores
Page 1 of 1