Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTF, California CHP Edition

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

WTF, California CHP Edition Empty
PostSubject: WTF, California CHP Edition   WTF, California CHP Edition EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 8:43 pm

http://laist.com/2014/02/06/listen_to_the_radio_calls_that_led.php

I don't even know what to say about this except that the officer that arrested this firefighter deserves to get his ass kicked by the entire Chula Vista Fire Department. What an asshole. 
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: WTF, California CHP Edition   WTF, California CHP Edition EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Having been an EMT and an Asst. Fire Chief, I believe the fire department has control of the scene. It has been a long time since then, though.

The fireman did the right thing (wanting to get permission of the ranking fire officer on the scene). You park fire trucks like that in order to impede traffic around personnel; it's a safety thing.

The LEO will get punished.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: WTF, California CHP Edition   WTF, California CHP Edition EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 1:26 am

I agree, E. If that officer does not get reprimanded the CHP has much bigger problems than any of us ever dreamed. I am still stunned that this happened. Un. Freaking. Believable.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: WTF, California CHP Edition   WTF, California CHP Edition EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 9:33 am

Apparently CHP must get bonuses on keeping traffic moving regardless of the danger to response crews. Have a feeling the CHP dude is going to get smacked over this, and rightly so.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: WTF, California CHP Edition   WTF, California CHP Edition EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 10:00 am

I really hope that he does. My dad worked for our county fire department for 37 years, and as the captain of the heavy equipment station for most of those years he had more interagency interaction than most guys see (in reference to CDF, BLM, USFS, etc.). My dad is not a complainer and he is very easy to get along with.. a universally liked and respected firefighter. In my entire life I've never heard him utter one negative word about working with any agency except the CHP. He did not like working with them at all.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: WTF, California CHP Edition   WTF, California CHP Edition EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 10:38 am

If the scene was winding down (ambulance gone with patient and wreck off the pavement), it might be acceptable to allow for better traffic flow.

The LEO should have gone through channels. He should have looked up the highest ranking fireman on the scene and politely asked him if it would be okay if they moved that truck out of the way.

There are a great many unsung good LEOs out there and all it takes is a couple of total jerks to give them all a bad name.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: WTF, California CHP Edition   WTF, California CHP Edition EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 1:13 pm

I agree E, but I'd imagine all it would have took would be to explain the situation, like telling the Engineer "we're ready on the CHP end to get traffic moving in lane one" and asking whether they (the FD) were clear to move the engine. Not acting like a total dick can work wonders. It sometimes amazes me how some people don't get that concept.
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: WTF, California CHP Edition   WTF, California CHP Edition EmptyMon Feb 10, 2014 6:40 am

nochain wrote:
Apparently CHP must get bonuses on keeping traffic moving regardless of the danger to response crews. Have a feeling the CHP dude is going to get smacked over this, and rightly so.

Why any law enforcement officer would do anything other than assist the firefighters/EMT's in controlling the scene is beyond comprehension...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTF, California CHP Edition   WTF, California CHP Edition Empty

Back to top Go down

WTF, California CHP Edition
Page 1 of 1