Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

strange imagin of the sun yesterday

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

strange imagin of the sun yesterday Empty
PostSubject: strange imagin of the sun yesterday   strange imagin of the sun yesterday EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 9:01 am

I wasnt the only one who saw something weird. This is better than SOHO....

Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: strange imagin of the sun yesterday   strange imagin of the sun yesterday EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:00 am

Coronal mass projections....

Nope, but saw a circumhorizontal arc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: strange imagin of the sun yesterday   strange imagin of the sun yesterday EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:36 am

would it be considered impossible for a planet or a planets moon to hit the sun?

Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: strange imagin of the sun yesterday   strange imagin of the sun yesterday EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 10:55 am

If anything hits the sun it is most likely to be asteroids or meteors from orbiting comets.

The standing theory of the death of our sun has it growing hundreds of times larger as the last of hydrogen fuses into helium (which is the process giving us light and heat). As it does so, it will engulf the inner planets which would make them appear as if they were "falling" into the sun. When that happens, they would be destroyed by immense heat.

Now here is what is interesting.....

The outer planets could survive this expansion, but the sun would nebulize and its gravity would no longer hold in the outer planets and their satellites leaving them to drift off into space.

If a planet hits the sun, it would most likely be the result of the collision of two planets with overlapping orbital planes like two spinning tops colliding.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: strange imagin of the sun yesterday   strange imagin of the sun yesterday EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:02 am

so Its possible?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: strange imagin of the sun yesterday   strange imagin of the sun yesterday EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:07 am

SheSurfs wrote:

Off topic but an FYI to SheSurfs. I found and corrected the issue with your IP. You should now be able to sign in using the IP that you normally use. My apologies.
Back to top Go down
https://pensacoladaily.forumotion.com
yelladawg

yelladawg

PostSubject: Re: strange imagin of the sun yesterday   strange imagin of the sun yesterday EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:13 am

I have been studying this phenomenon for the past several minutes and I keep seeing the face of Alfred E. Neumann.
Back to top Go down
http://warpedninblue.blogspot.com/
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: strange imagin of the sun yesterday   strange imagin of the sun yesterday EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:14 am

Thanks Admin, had forgotten to send you the IP. No worries. I enjoyed the outlaw status while I had it.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: strange imagin of the sun yesterday   strange imagin of the sun yesterday EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 11:16 am

*Tree*~ wrote:
so Its possible?

Everything is possible. As described, in a bunch of billion years, it is inevitable.

Yesterday it didn't happen. Today, I would bet the farm on it either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: strange imagin of the sun yesterday   strange imagin of the sun yesterday EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 1:31 pm

SheSurfs wrote:
*Tree*~ wrote:
so Its possible?

Everything is possible. As described, in a bunch of billion years, it is inevitable.

Yesterday it didn't happen. Today, I would bet the farm on it either.

Your likely right that it didnt happen yesterday. But Id like to entertain the idea that it has happened and it very well could happen or did happen yesterday.

We cant see all the planets.

This doesnt mean its the end of the world. I think the sun could eat a few planets and nothing but a tiny burp would happen. Its a really BIG sun and even a tiny little planet like earth would be nothing but a teeny zit on the suns face.

Just a lot of speculation in the name of conversation. Smile

Back to top Go down
TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PostSubject: Re: strange imagin of the sun yesterday   strange imagin of the sun yesterday EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 4:34 pm

Never ceases to amaze me how fragile life is and the narrow parameters it must have to exist...it's impossible...yet here it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: strange imagin of the sun yesterday   strange imagin of the sun yesterday EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:49 am

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Never ceases to amaze me how fragile life is and the narrow parameters it must have to exist...it's impossible...yet here it is.

yes, lots of things that once may have been impossible happen all the time.

If there wernt some people who beleived the impossible could be done, nothing would ever get done or discovered or achieved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: strange imagin of the sun yesterday   strange imagin of the sun yesterday Empty

Back to top Go down

strange imagin of the sun yesterday
Page 1 of 1