Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Possibly some good news for Pensacola

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Possibly some good news for Pensacola Empty
PostSubject: Possibly some good news for Pensacola   Possibly some good news for Pensacola EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 10:47 am

Quoted from NorthEscambia.com.

Quote :
ST Aerospace Could Bring 300 Jobs To Escambia County
December 18, 2013

Tuesday night, Pensacola Mayor Ashton Hayward announced that he has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with ST Aerospace, Mobile, Inc. that could bring up to 300 jobs. The non-binding MOU is the culmination of 18 months of joint efforts to build the aerospace industry in Pensacola.

“We have aggressively been courting this company and the aerospace industry. It has been a pleasure to work with Joseph Ng and his team. We look forward to the next steps in lease negotiations,” Hayward said in an after-hours press release.

ST Aerospace’s primary business activity is the maintenance, repair and overhaul of aircraft. The company employs 1500 people at Brookley Field in Mobile. Plans include locating a satellite operation inside Pensacola International Airport Commerce Park that would bring a minimum of 300 new jobs to Pensacola.
The deal has been in the negotiation stage for nearly two years under the code name “Project Stallion”. Originally, the project would rely on about $10 million in incentives from Escambia County, but so far the county commission hasn’t approved the deal. It was not known Tuesday night if the county’s incentive money was included in the mayor’s announced memorandum of understanding.

“I support economic growth and job creation in Escambia County. I have not been party to the City’s negotiations nor am I familiar with the details of the MOU. I look forward to working with the Mayor and the Chamber as this project evolves. And to discussing this issue with my colleagues on the Commission when we meet in January,” Escambia County Commission Chairman Lumon May said Tuesday night.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Possibly some good news for Pensacola   Possibly some good news for Pensacola EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 2:51 pm

It would be nice to bring in some technical jobs. I wonder why the city didn't include the county in the negotiation of the MOU since they are depending on $10M in incentives?
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Possibly some good news for Pensacola   Possibly some good news for Pensacola EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 6:55 am

nochain wrote:
It would be nice to bring in some technical jobs. I wonder why the city didn't include the county in the negotiation of the MOU since they are depending on $10M in incentives?

If you were in negotiations would you introduce the county commissioners to a prospective client?......
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Possibly some good news for Pensacola   Possibly some good news for Pensacola EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:29 am

mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

If you were in negotiations would you introduce the county commissioners to a prospective client?......

Well there is that....they can kill a deal faster than anything....
Back to top Go down
mediawatcher

mediawatcher

PostSubject: Re: Possibly some good news for Pensacola   Possibly some good news for Pensacola EmptyThu Dec 19, 2013 8:34 am

nochain wrote:
mediawatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:

Well there is that....they can kill a deal faster than anything....

May have been a wise move on the part of the city....guess if they come they'll be introduced to the strong logical elected commissioners at a later date---hope they sign the contract before that!....
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Possibly some good news for Pensacola   Possibly some good news for Pensacola EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 12:12 pm

I certainly hope this comes through for Pensacola, but in my experience MOUs don't mean much at all.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Possibly some good news for Pensacola   Possibly some good news for Pensacola EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 12:40 pm

You're right about that, Ricey.

One thing that could kill the agreement, for sure, would be for ST Aerospace to find out that Escambia County and Pensacola is run by Good-ol'-boys and oligarchs.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Possibly some good news for Pensacola   Possibly some good news for Pensacola EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 12:15 am

Yeah, and all they'd need to do to figure that out would be to pick up a copy of the paper. Wait a sec... do you all still have a paper?? :/
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Possibly some good news for Pensacola   Possibly some good news for Pensacola EmptyWed Dec 25, 2013 8:09 am

I get the electronic version of the PNJ.

The paper edition is printed in Mobile, now.
Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Possibly some good news for Pensacola   Possibly some good news for Pensacola EmptyThu Dec 26, 2013 7:33 am

riceme wrote:
Yeah, and all they'd need to do to figure that out would be to pick up a copy of the paper. Wait a sec... do you all still have a paper?? :/

We haven't had a real paper since Schneider became editor. The "news" is now nothing more than fluff pieces and drivel designed not to offend. Wouldn't want to upset the touristas with crime reports and political hoohaw now would we? I quit subscribing to the PNJ years ago.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Possibly some good news for Pensacola   Possibly some good news for Pensacola EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 7:14 pm

That is so sad that the paper is no longer even printed in Pensacola. So much for the local economy, huh? :/

I continued to read the news journal long after I left Pensacola... That is, until I got tired of there not being any news printed in the newspaper.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Possibly some good news for Pensacola   Possibly some good news for Pensacola EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:38 pm

It seems like NorthEscambia.com is giving the PNJ a good bit of competition on reporting local news. The PNJ web site is easier to view than their electronic newspaper, but the web site has old links, old photo galleries, and as many as three links to each major story spread around on the web page... as if they were trying to make the page look like it has more content than it really has.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Possibly some good news for Pensacola   Possibly some good news for Pensacola EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 9:57 am

I have come to prefer northescambia.com for real local news. It seems to me that PNJ runs little more than fluff pieces these days, with the exception of the reporting by Rob Johnson (? name) on behalf of local vets. A new PNJ reporter ran an excellent story the other day about Sean's Outpost and the Satori Forest.

Once in a while I'll click on WEAR-TV's website to check out a story, but the WEAR site is horrendous in terms of usability. They really need to update their site.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Possibly some good news for Pensacola   Possibly some good news for Pensacola EmptyMon Dec 30, 2013 12:05 pm

WEAR is horrible on the i-Pad. If you click on a link to a story in a forum post or whatever, and you're on an iPad, it takes you to their homepage that has been stripped of just about everything so it will load on a mobile phone. It really sucks. Several times, I have tried to find the story mentioned in the link and wound up giving up because the mobile version has no content to speak of.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Possibly some good news for Pensacola   Possibly some good news for Pensacola EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 10:22 pm

Yeah I agree, NorthEscambia is a great news source... I like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possibly some good news for Pensacola   Possibly some good news for Pensacola Empty

Back to top Go down

Possibly some good news for Pensacola
Page 1 of 1