Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pensacola News Journal Web Site

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Pensacola News Journal Web Site Empty
PostSubject: Pensacola News Journal Web Site   Pensacola News Journal Web Site EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 7:52 pm

Okay, here's the top page of the PNJ just a few minutes ago. I noticed that the Hangout article doesn't mention Stevie Wonder... and that tickets go on sale soon. I have paid for my tickets for months, so I was going to comment to the PNJ, but saw the damn date on one of the top articles on their website.

And they CHARGE for articles that are months and months old.

Pensacola News Journal Web Site Pnj10
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Pensacola News Journal Web Site   Pensacola News Journal Web Site EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 9:28 am

It least you can get the dang paper on line. I have AOL and the PNJ will NOT work with AOL. I have been on the phone with them a few times and they say it is "something with the PNJ" software. I can read a few articles a month and that's all..

Cookies, Jake.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Pensacola News Journal Web Site   Pensacola News Journal Web Site EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:28 am

Well, that sucks. I finally broke down and (finally) started a subscription.

I usually just go to the regular website, though. I think I read the whole paper online once in the month I have had the service.

Any particular reason you still have AOL? I think I had that in the early 1990's, lol.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Pensacola News Journal Web Site   Pensacola News Journal Web Site EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:33 am

I started out with it in 95 and just never changed. WHY change from something that I never had problems with?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Pensacola News Journal Web Site   Pensacola News Journal Web Site EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:55 am

Jake92 wrote:
I started out with it in 95 and just never changed. WHY change from something that I never had problems with?

...except that NOW you are having problems.

Is it still a dial-up thing for you? It was slow way back when... but of course we started with a 300-baud modem Razz (state of the art back then).
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Pensacola News Journal Web Site   Pensacola News Journal Web Site EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:56 am

I wish there was something I could do to help, Jake. Are you a PNJ subscriber?
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Pensacola News Journal Web Site   Pensacola News Journal Web Site EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:12 am

Yes Eric, I am a subscriber.. I have the internet thru AT&T..
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Pensacola News Journal Web Site   Pensacola News Journal Web Site EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:58 am

Check your cookies, Jake. Remove your cookies and see it that helps.

Also, you can use another browser even though you are on AOL. I had AOL access for years, but I used the Netscape browser. You should be able to get in on Firefox. Don't try Chrome - I had some major problems accessing PNJ through Chrome.

Do you know where to go to download Firefox? It's located at: http://www.mozilla.org
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Pensacola News Journal Web Site   Pensacola News Journal Web Site EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 12:00 pm

I'll try it but it really doesn't bother me too much.. The paper is good for starting the kindling in the fireplace. LOL
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Pensacola News Journal Web Site   Pensacola News Journal Web Site EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 12:19 pm

Jake92 wrote:
Yes Eric, I am a subscriber.. I have the internet thru AT&T..

Jake if you have internet service with AT&T then you can use any browser that you desire to use. You do not have to be stuck with AOL.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Pensacola News Journal Web Site   Pensacola News Journal Web Site EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 12:24 pm

Really, my biggest problem is I'm a puter dummy and if it's possible to screw it up I'll find a way to do it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pensacola News Journal Web Site   Pensacola News Journal Web Site Empty

Back to top Go down

Pensacola News Journal Web Site
Page 1 of 1