Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Okay, who talks at their phone?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Okay, who talks at their phone? Empty
PostSubject: Okay, who talks at their phone?   Okay, who talks at their phone? EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 5:01 pm

Personally, I cannot bring myself to talk at my phone. But I might just try some of these when I am in a hurry. I have a phone with Android Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, and it has a microphone app that, once clicked, you can instruct your phone to do tasks. Just start out with Okay, Google, (then your command.)

Google Now Voice Commands by trendblog.net
Google Now voice commands by trendblog.net
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Okay, who talks at their phone?   Okay, who talks at their phone? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 4:04 am

I only talk to my phone on accident. There is some magical button or combination of buttons that activates this stupid feature and I seem to hit it pretty frequently. At any rate, my phone cannot understand me and I end up yelling at it like an idiot. I wish I knew how to permanently disable it.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Okay, who talks at their phone?   Okay, who talks at their phone? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 1:03 pm

My husband talks to his phone. Often. He loves that feature! He also uses the earphones to speak with customers.

Me, not so much. In fact, I've never used it on my phone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com

PostSubject: Re: Okay, who talks at their phone?   Okay, who talks at their phone? EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 1:47 pm

I do talk "at" my phone, usually when I want to know where the closest store of a certain type is located. I also ask it about the weather (which I could easily read on the screen.) I miss Siri, the new I Phones answer with a man's voice now instead of Siri's. I wonder why she got sacked?
She was always so helpful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Okay, who talks at their phone?   Okay, who talks at their phone? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 11:02 am

Okay. Now I feel stupid. Two months after getting my new iphone and complaining above that Siri had been replaced by some guy, I found out I could get her sweet little voice back by going into my settings and changing them from man's voice to woman's voice.
I wish it was that easy with people that call you on the phone. Just change the setting and you can then speak with somebody you actually wish had called you.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Okay, who talks at their phone?   Okay, who talks at their phone? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 11:24 am

Ooo ooo I am so excited to learn that I can get rid of Siri's passive aggressive voice and get a guy! When she talks, it kind of reminds me of those rare moments I would flip out as a hormonal teenager and my mother would downshift into that calm, detached voice that let me know I was getting ready to lose my Friday night....Sad 

I like bossing Mom, I mean Siri around.....

Call "Mom",
What's the weather tomorrow?
Play "Interstate Love Song"
What time is sunset?
Set the timer for ten minutes.
Set the alarm for eight AM
Enable WIFI
What's my ETA?

Plus, I can blame her when any of the above goes awry Twisted Evil 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Okay, who talks at their phone?   Okay, who talks at their phone? EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 12:37 pm

That's funny.
I never thought of how much fun it is to boss my phone around, but you're right.
And I almost never get an argument back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okay, who talks at their phone?   Okay, who talks at their phone? Empty

Back to top Go down

Okay, who talks at their phone?
Page 1 of 1