Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anybody trying to register on health.gov?

Go down 
+3
Ghost Rider
Jake92
Melissa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Anybody trying to register on health.gov? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 10:15 am

I've been trying for 11 days.

I finally got through on the "chat" section. James says he can help me. I tell him about what's been going on, and he types "Thank you for contacting the Health Care Marketplace. Just keep trying to register on the web site."

Arghhhh! I wonder what response people who pick up the phone and call them are getting?

"Keep trying?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 11:18 am

They are probably speaking to somebody in India or Pakistan if they call on the phone... LMAO
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 11:46 am

You could be right, Jake!
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 12:45 pm

Melissa wrote:
I've been trying for 11 days.

I finally got through on the "chat" section. James says he can help me. I tell him about what's been going on, and he types "Thank you for contacting the Health Care Marketplace. Just keep trying to register on the web site."

Arghhhh! I wonder what response people who pick up the phone and call them are getting?

"Keep trying?"
A friend of my daughter got through to the website the second day it went online.
Back to top Go down
Nosyarg

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 5:33 pm

I could not sign up this afternoon.

Anybody trying to register on health.gov? Obamac10
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 3:47 am

That's the farthest I have gotten too, Nosyarg. It's frustrating to have to go back and enter the same info time after time and get nowhere.

Your daughter's friend was lucky, Ghost. I've been trying about six times a day since the marketplace opened.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 8:04 am

Melissa, she said it was late in the evening when she got through. Somewhere between 12 and 1 AM.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:40 pm

Aren't y'all worried about what they are asking?

I'm scared to death of it with the lack of background checks the navigators have.

It's been admitted, they could be felons your telling your information to.

No, not me. Avoiding it like the flu, and hope to continue.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 8:57 am

I've given up.

Back to top Go down
nochain

nochain

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 10:49 am

stormwatch89 wrote:

I'm scared to death of it with the lack of background checks the navigators have.

No, not me.  Avoiding it like the flu, and hope to continue.
You are right to be worried according to this:

"Undercover video adds to Obamacare rollout woes
‘Navigators’ urges false filing, according to tape"

Already under fire for potential security and privacy breaches, Obamacare was dealt a new blow Tuesday with the release of an undercover video probe alleging fraud among some of the program’s “navigators” who enroll people for coverage.
The video produced by James O'Keefe’s Project Veritas appears to show Obamacare volunteers in Dallas advising a man to falsify his application to obtain higher government subsidies and a lower premium.
The encounter between a Project Veritas “investigator” and an Obamacare navigator was filmed secretly at the National Urban League’s offices in Dallas. When the undercover investigator says that he never reports outside income on his tax returns, the Obamacare volunteer advises him not to get in “trouble” by declaring the income now.
Other Obamacare navigators can be heard informing the man not to disclose that he smokes tobacco, so he can receive a lower insurance premium.
“You lie because your premiums will be higher,” an Obamacare navigator advises the Project Veritas investigator.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/12/undercover-video-adds-obamacare-rollout-woes/#ixzz2kS9kltBC
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 12:21 pm

Three twenty-something programmer dudes did something in three days that 55 U.S. government contractors couldn’t do in more than 2 years: Build a workable healthcare.gov website.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2013/11/12/3-guys-3-days-to-build-a-better-obamacare-website/
Back to top Go down
reaper65

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 8:08 pm

So all their really doing is the same thing Kaiser does and calculates what your subsidy may be. The site worked fine last Friday, has been up and down since Saturday.

As far as not wanting the govt to know things about you, sorry to say this they already know.
Back to top Go down
reaper65

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 7:09 am

Well we need to get these guys to step in, seems google can't get it right either, the site is down again this morning.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 8:48 am

Hi Reaper! :-)
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 1:24 pm

nochain wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

Already under fire for potential security and privacy breaches, Obamacare was dealt a new blow Tuesday with the release of an undercover video probe alleging fraud among some of the program’s “navigators” who enroll people for coverage.
The video produced by James O'Keefe’s Project Veritas appears to show Obamacare volunteers in Dallas advising a man to falsify his application to obtain higher government subsidies and a lower premium.
The encounter between a Project Veritas “investigator” and an Obamacare navigator was filmed secretly at the National Urban League’s offices in Dallas. When the undercover investigator says that he never reports outside income on his tax returns, the Obamacare volunteer advises him not to get in “trouble” by declaring the income now.
Other Obamacare navigators can be heard informing the man not to disclose that he smokes tobacco, so he can receive a lower insurance premium.
“You lie because your premiums will be higher,” an Obamacare navigator advises the Project Veritas investigator.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/12/undercover-video-adds-obamacare-rollout-woes/#ixzz2kS9kltBC
Agreed, NC, but in this instance I'm more worried about the guys in the white hats. I think we all knew there would be fraud abound.

Whereas this system requires no background checks, no fingerprinting of the Navigators and yet permits them to ask such personal information including social security numbers, medical history and on to our income tax returns........what a gold mine for internet fraud and id theft? Could not be more perfect!

As I do consult with the AG office, I know full well how tough these issues are to resolve after the fact and can pretty well guarandamtee you the Govt is not going to be there to help. I would respectfully suggest you avoid this site until and if the security issues are resolved
It's one thing to destroy your insurance and another to steal your Id on top of it.

Melissa, I worry that you are trying to give them your info as you are a friend.
Back to top Go down
reaper65

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Melissa wrote:
Hi Reaper! :-)
Hi Melissa, how you been? After 9AM this morning the site worked like a whiz all day, put three through.
Back to top Go down
reaper65

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 4:17 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:
nochain wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:

Agreed, NC, but in this instance I'm more worried about the guys in the white hats.  I think we all knew there would be fraud abound.

Whereas this system requires no background checks, no fingerprinting of the Navigators and yet permits them to ask such personal information including social security numbers, medical history and on to our income tax returns........what a gold mine for internet fraud and id theft?  Could not be more perfect!

As I do consult with the AG office, I know full well how tough these issues are to resolve after the fact and can pretty well guarandamtee you the Govt is not going to be there to help. I would respectfully suggest you avoid this site until and if the security issues are resolved
It's one thing to destroy your insurance and another to steal your Id on top of it.

Melissa, I worry that you are trying to give them your info as you are a friend.

You're right I would not give info to a navigator, but on the website what difference does it make unless it's hacked like any other website can be. The agency's involved from the govt already know's everything you are putting in about you.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:05 am

Just last night Fox had a report by 4 "white hat hackers" who testified at the hearings yesterday.

All 4 of them said the site would not be safe anytime soon and that it was certainly NOT secure.
One later was interviewed and asked if he would use it.  Man, he didn't take a breath before he nearly shouted...NO!  

Be careful y'all.  I don't really know what we're supposed to do, but surely don't want to have my credit and IDENTITY hacked.  How many of us would use online credit card shopping if it weren't for zero liability?

Reaper, I understand your point, but these expert witnesses went on to say the hub was something like 500 whatever (?) where Microsoft is 50 and the hub is far more complicated.  Your information goes everywhere after being entered into the hub so the information can be hub hacked in real time even though the information is not retained there and site specific hacked as well. They cited instances where hackers have used webcams to view your entire computer's contents already.

The information is just too dam personal from health issues, to income, to social security number......AUGH!  It's mind boggling how that information in the wrong hands could totally screw up your life.

It's even more intense to think how you'd go about correcting it when no one would accept blame or assist, which I believe would be the case.

While I'm no expert on such matters, the uncertainties are way beyond my risk tolerance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody trying to register on health.gov?   Anybody trying to register on health.gov? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody trying to register on health.gov?
Page 1 of 1