Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?  Empty
PostSubject: Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?    Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?  EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 11:00 am

As usual, I'm hooked on another show. One would wonder how hubby gets any work done at all while wifey is glued to the tube eight feet from him, but he does.

Between playing on the 'net, planning my fall garden planting and planning what to do with the blank page of beautiful new space in my back yard (we're tearing down an old building), I've been watching Under the Dome.

I've promised hubby I won't buy the book just so I can find out who is crowned Monarch, but my finger was just now lingering over the Kindle site on Amazon. Twisted Evil 

Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?    Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:06 am

Nope, but appreciate the tip! I did watch Fringe and enjoyed.

Got one for you that I found absurdly great "Outrageous Fortunes". It's lengthy (6 seasons) so some get kind of boring, but all in all, it's hysterical and moving.

Filmed in New Zealand so the scenery, accents and expressions are just priceless.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?    Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:12 am

We just started watching "Breaking Bad". (Got a lot of catching up to do)

I liked the promos for "Under the Dome", but it didn't jump out at us when it came on. What network is it on and how many episodes has happened so far.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?    Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:23 am

"Under the Dome" is available on Amazon. I have no clue what network it's on, because we don't watch networks. Very Happy 

The frustrating thing with "Dome" is you have to wait until they play the current episode on Fridays (after catching up on the whole series first.) We've watched about...oh....12 episodes, maybe?

So Stormy, is "Outrageous Fortunes" on Netflix or Amazon, or did you watch it on a network? I'm glad you enjoyed "Fringe." We haven't watched one yet that beats "Fringe", but we keep looking. Walter is still my favorite character. "Lost" would have been comparable had it not gone on for sooooo long. It became too predictable. "Fringe" did the right thing by going out on top.

OMG - I sound like a TV series reviewer. This, from someone who didn't even own a television for decades. Ouch! I need to go read a book.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?    Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:45 am

I see that Under the Dome is not available on Netflix.

DAMMIT!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?    Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:48 am

We just looked up "Outrageous Fortune" on Amazon and came up with a movie from 1987. That's not the pilot, is it?
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?    Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:52 am

I don't know nuttin' about Outrageous Fortune... sowwy.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?    Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:54 am

Found "Outrageous Fortune" on Netflix. We will check it out!

Oh....don't know if I've said this before, but the fifth season of Sons of Anarchy was such a disappointment. It was excessively violent and gory. "Sons" should have ended before that season, unless the upcoming sixth season is better. But I doubt it.

Word on the 'net is the sixth season of "Sons" starts out with a school shooting, so I don't even know if we'll watch it.

It's sad to see a great series go down the tube like that.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?    Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 2:19 pm

Sorry to be late to the conversation, but appreciate the "Son's of Anarchy" review.  My daughters have been recommending that but,  it hasn't caught on.

Yes, Eric and Melissa, Fortunes is on Netflix, instant watch.  You've gotta love that show!  I'm suffering withdrawals, seriously.

I tried the "free" Amazon trial period.  They billed me $79 and change, tried to cancel and it still remains,  One day I'll try to see if I'm still "honored" as a log in. Don't like those people.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?    Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:03 pm

Melissa (PB) wrote:
"Under the Dome" is available on Amazon. I have no clue what network it's on, because we don't watch networks. Very Happy 

The frustrating thing with "Dome" is you have to wait until they play the current episode on Fridays (after catching up on the whole series first.) We've watched about...oh....12 episodes, maybe?

So Stormy, is "Outrageous Fortunes" on Netflix or Amazon, or did you watch it on a network?  I'm glad you enjoyed "Fringe." We haven't watched one yet that beats "Fringe", but we keep looking. Walter is still my favorite character. "Lost" would have been comparable had it not gone on for sooooo long. It became too predictable. "Fringe" did the right thing by going out on top.

OMG - I sound like a TV series reviewer. This, from someone who didn't even own a television for decades. Ouch! I need to go read a book.
Hey girl, I thought you were on streaming Netflix? It's on there.

Under the Dome is on disc? How sad, I only enjoy the streaming. Can't plan ahead, ya know? It's like buying green bannanas!
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?    Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 6:09 pm

K: Melissa,

Teo knows I'm a Prison Break junkie and hit hard when it ended.
24 is next on my list.

Outrageous Fortunes just made 3rd.

I just hate when a good series ends,

Now, you know my deep secret and yes, they are Netflix streaming.

Hope this helps in my shame. Sad
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?    Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:01 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:
Melissa (PB) wrote:

So Stormy, is "Outrageous Fortunes" on Netflix or Amazon, or did you watch it on a network?  I'm glad you enjoyed "Fringe." We haven't watched one yet that beats "Fringe", but we keep looking. Walter is still my favorite character. "Lost" would have been comparable had it not gone on for sooooo long. It became too predictable. "Fringe" did the right thing by going out on top.

Hey girl, I thought you were on streaming Netflix?  It's on there.

Under the Dome is on disc?  How sad, I only enjoy the streaming.  Can't plan ahead, ya know?  It's like buying green bannanas!
Oh no, Stormy, "Dome" is on Amazon Prime only. Our reaction was pretty much the same as yours at first to Amazon Prime, but now that we've finally found all the free movies, we're doing both Amazon AND Netflix! Can't beat that!

Just wow.....we watched "Flight of the Intruder" a while ago. It is on Amazon. Love that movie!

So "Prison Break" is good? Does it have an actual ending?

I blame "Sons of Anarchy" for my diagnosis as a serial TV series watcher. :-) That's the first one I ever watched. I was so hooked on it, until Season 5. I still get chills whenever I go back and watch episode 13 from season 1 of "Sons." It was a fantastic show, Stormy, until this past season. It's worth watching. I mean, I wanted to sell everything and go buy a Harley. It was that bad. affraid Or that good, depending on your point of view. Buddy would do well in a side-seat, but I'm not so sure about Paige and Soph!!!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?    Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?  EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 7:04 pm

stormwatch89 wrote:
K:  Melissa,

Teo knows I'm a Prison Break junkie and hit hard when it ended.
24 is next on my list.

Outrageous Fortunes just made 3rd.

I just hate when a good series ends,

Now, you know my deep secret and yes, they are Netflix streaming.

Hope this helps in my shame.  Sad
SHAME? No shame in our game, girl! I am learning to reeeelaxxxx.....! :-)
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?    Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?  EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 5:48 am

K- no shame, reeeelaaxxing. Got it!

Yes, Prison Break has a real ending although I didn't like it. Sad

Still, it's an awesome series!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?    Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody watching "Under the Dome"?
Page 1 of 1