Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

NAACP asking for RESTORE Funds... Really?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

NAACP asking for RESTORE Funds... Really? Empty
PostSubject: NAACP asking for RESTORE Funds... Really?   NAACP asking for RESTORE Funds... Really? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:43 am

Rick's Blog Article

Dated Today. Call me racist, but I feel RESTORE monies ought to be spent along the seashore.

Quote :
The Escambia County RESTORE Advisory Committee meets this afternoon. Members will further discuss the body’s bylaws and also hear additional presentations from the community.

Tony McCray will be making a presentation on behalf of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP). A second presentation, to be made by Peter King on behalf of the Perdido Key Chamber of Commerce, is also on the agenda.

The local advisory committee was seated by the Escambia County Commission. It is charged with advising the commission on how best to spend the expected funds resulting from the Clean Water Act penalties associated with the 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Thus far, most of the presentations made to the committee have come from the local business community. Later this month, committee members will hear from the environmental community.

Today’s RESTORE committee meeting begins at 4 p.m., inside the commission’s chambers at Escambia County’s downtown complex.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: NAACP asking for RESTORE Funds... Really?   NAACP asking for RESTORE Funds... Really? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:46 am

WTH? Why would the NAACP even get involved in this? We were ALL damaged in some way by the oil spill. White, black, Hispanic, Asian....it makes no difference.

I am probably the farthest thing from a racist, but it seems ridiculous to me that any group would request RESTORE monies based on race. In fact, it seems a bit racist to me that the NAACP is requesting money based on race.

Who are the true racists here???
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: NAACP asking for RESTORE Funds... Really?   NAACP asking for RESTORE Funds... Really? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 10:48 am

Eric, I hope you don't ban me for my post above. What a Face

If someone can explain to me the logic behind this, I'll listen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: NAACP asking for RESTORE Funds... Really?   NAACP asking for RESTORE Funds... Really? EmptyTue Jul 02, 2013 11:29 am

I was thinking the same thing, PB. I am not versed in the BP monies procedures, but it seems to me that individuals had a chance to jump on the bandwagon and seek damages. With the name RESTORE, you would think monies would now be spent on beach renourishment and other beach-oriented things.

I can even go with acquiring more land for public access to the beaches... even for parking lots.

If they are able to expand parking lots, I hope to HELL they don't use the idiot(s) that redesigned the second and third public parking lots on Perdido Key. They narrowed the land by 15 feet on each side and paved the lot with huge stones that are murder on bare feet. (I sent a letter to Valentino that said his engineer should be required to walk the distance of that parking lot barefooted.)
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NAACP asking for RESTORE Funds... Really?   NAACP asking for RESTORE Funds... Really? Empty

Back to top Go down

NAACP asking for RESTORE Funds... Really?
Page 1 of 1