Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oopsie. Ten thousand NYC transit cards glitched with 'insufficient funds'.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Oopsie.  Ten thousand NYC transit cards glitched with 'insufficient funds'. Empty
PostSubject: Oopsie. Ten thousand NYC transit cards glitched with 'insufficient funds'.   Oopsie.  Ten thousand NYC transit cards glitched with 'insufficient funds'. EmptyTue Dec 02, 2014 12:33 pm

Quote :
Riders received messages indicating “insufficient fare” as they came into Penn and Grand Central stations and tried to use their dual railroad passes and MetroCards. The glitch impacted some 7,100 LIRR ticket holders and 2,800 Metro-North ticket holders.
“When you went down into the subway, they all read, ‘insufficient fare,’” said Mike Taurisano of Riverdale, the Bronx.

Quote :
As CBS2’s Jessica Schneider reported, those commuters who came in on the LIRR and Metro-North got into the city with no problem. But the trouble began the minute they tried to get onto the subway or city buses.

“I’m so angry,” commuter Julia Gonzalez told CBS2’s Scott Rapoport. “I can’t go to work. I’m late.”

“I don’t feel very happy about it,” one commuter told 1010 WINS’ Juliet Papa.

“Major hassle,” said another commuter. “It’s always a hassle getting into New York City from Long Island. It really stinks.”

That'd piss me off too!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

Oopsie. Ten thousand NYC transit cards glitched with 'insufficient funds'.
Page 1 of 1