Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sail Boat speed record Wow!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Sail Boat speed record  Wow!!! Empty
PostSubject: Sail Boat speed record Wow!!!   Sail Boat speed record  Wow!!! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:37 pm

65.4 knot = 75.2609759 mph
More about calculator.

Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Sail Boat speed record Wow!!!   Sail Boat speed record  Wow!!! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:47 pm

Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Sail Boat speed record Wow!!!   Sail Boat speed record  Wow!!! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:51 pm

And then on land  
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Sail Boat speed record Wow!!!   Sail Boat speed record  Wow!!! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:55 pm

I like high speed sailing. I had a Boston Whaler Supercat in the 1990's and it was extremely stable and fast. Loved it.

I had a buddy that had a 27' Stiletto Catamaran. We used to sail with him all the time. I took Christine for her first sailing experience on it. (She was hooked.)

He won the prestigious Dauphin Island Race in the '90's. He was so fast, the speedboat that blew the horn for the start of the race and normally raced to the finish and witnessed the finish... had to witness Joe's finish through binoculars... he was WAY ahead of the speedboat!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Sail Boat speed record Wow!!!   Sail Boat speed record  Wow!!! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Sail Boat speed record Wow!!!   Sail Boat speed record  Wow!!! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:04 pm

I thought of you when I saw the vid  Hope you liked it.................
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Sail Boat speed record Wow!!!   Sail Boat speed record  Wow!!! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:25 pm

I had a sailboard, but didn't really get into it. Of course, I never tried to surf with it like in this video. The second half of the video is the really good stuff.

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Sail Boat speed record Wow!!!   Sail Boat speed record  Wow!!! EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 7:40 pm

I have been looking for the Warren Miller sailing movie that we used to have in the 1980's. It is kinda dated, but it covered all kinds of sailing... mostly racing... and it was very entertaining. Can't find it.

In this movie, I remember one old racing sailboat called Ragtime. It was a Maxi yacht (probably @90 feet) and it was wooden, but it leaned so far over the end of the boom would drag in the water. It was filmed on the annual Transpac race from California to Hawaii.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sail Boat speed record Wow!!!   Sail Boat speed record  Wow!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Sail Boat speed record Wow!!!
Page 1 of 1