Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Eye have a question

Go down 
+2
Melissa
hallmarkgrad
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Eye have a question Empty
PostSubject: Eye have a question   Eye have a question EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:21 pm

I have to use a lot of eye drops.  2 sets in the am 3 sets at night.  I have found that if I wash the outside of  my eyes with sterile eye wash on a tissue it helps keep the pollen and such   out of my eye when i apply the drops.   I ran out of tissues so I used what I thought was a clean cloth to wash my eye.  Must have been something on the cloth because I could not see(blurry, double vision for almost 30 minutes.  Sooooooo the question is.............What would be the best thing to use to clean my eyes?  Facial tissues?  How do I know they clean and free from impurities ?  Bathroom tissues?   Eyequiring minds need to know  thanks
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Eye have a question   Eye have a question EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 4:13 am

How is the vision in your eye now, HMG? Do you need to have it checked out? Any idea what was on that cloth?

I don't know of a better routine for cleaning your eyes than what you were already doing. Perhaps you can try to buy tissues that don't have extra softening additives or aromas. I think simple Kleenex would fit the bill, or perhaps a cotton ball, as long as it is saturated with the eye solution.

Joani??
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Eye have a question   Eye have a question EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 4:58 am

Thanks  I will stick with a good grade of Kleenex.  Just got a little paranoid,  I have had not reactions from the tissues, just wondering if I might be missing something.  Thanks again
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Eye have a question   Eye have a question EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 7:58 am

I read somewhere that most tissues have a tiny bit of lotion on them to make them feel soft.  I kinda agree because they make poor eyeglass wipes, leaving a slight film on my eyeglasses.

You must have had some bad juju on that rag.  I can hear my mama now "You could put an eye out with that thing."cyclops
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Eye have a question   Eye have a question EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 8:52 am

Eric wrote:
I read somewhere that most tissues have a tiny bit of lotion on them to make them feel soft.  I kinda agree because they make poor eyeglass wipes, leaving a slight film on my eyeglasses.

You must have had some bad juju on that rag.  I can hear my mama now "You could put an eye out with that thing."cyclops

I guess that is what I was thinking about.

As for the cloth I was thinking it might be related to other solo activities.  But I aint Blind......yet   lol
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Eye have a question   Eye have a question EmptySat Jun 22, 2013 9:45 am

You gotta quit wiping up methyl-ethyl-death, then sopping your eyes with the same rag, man.Razz
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Eye have a question   Eye have a question EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 12:27 am

Eye have a question Bel_pads+Microfaser
You might try these. They are used to remove eye makeup and are typically made of cotton and absorbent. You can usually find them near the nail clippers and nail polish remover in the cosmetic section. They usually come in cylindrical bags, a few hundred for a couple of dollars.

Try to resist the urge to buy an eyelash curler, eye shadow, mascara....
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Eye have a question   Eye have a question EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 12:47 am

I agree with Shesurfs....

Sterile eye pads are available but they are expensive.

Eye have a question Curity10
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Eye have a question   Eye have a question EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 7:59 am

THANKS!!!!  I knew there had to be something else besides Kleenex.  I think i will try both.  Again Thank you very much
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Eye have a question   Eye have a question EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:51 am

That's what friends are for....
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Eye have a question   Eye have a question EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 12:15 pm

Try to resist the urge to buy an eyelash curler, eye shadow, mascara....

LOL   I have some pretty expensive riding shorts.  So one day I was in Wal-Mart and on the end cap they has some of these..  .  I thought. Damn What a great Idea they will made my good riding pants last longer.  So I bought a pair.  
I had hand washed them and had them hanging inside.  One of my lady friends came by to have coffee and chat(platonic relationship).  She asked "Who's underwear?"   "Yours?"   LOL   I told her  "Yes" but I dont think she believed why I bought them......lol!.

Eye have a question Unisex_padded_skins_LRG2-300x400
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Eye have a question   Eye have a question EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 8:19 pm

Hahaha, Hallmark, compression is the way to go for cycling or running.....now had that been Victoria's Secret....we might all have had a few questions.
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Eye have a question   Eye have a question EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 6:41 am

HG,  I have a brother of sorts ( we don't speak..long story)  He's an ass, but super smart.  If you want I can put you in touch with his research clinic.  He is certified et al and does lots of research on the cutting edge.

Let me know,  I won't speak to him, but you could.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Eye have a question   Eye have a question EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 7:16 am

stormwatch89 wrote:
HG,  I have a brother of sorts ( we don't speak..long story)  He's an ass, but super smart.  If you want I can put you in touch with his research clinic.  He is certified et al and does lots of research on the cutting edge.

Let me know,  I won't speak to him, but you could.
Thanks  That would be great.   I will PM you.  cheers
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Eye have a question   Eye have a question EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 11:56 am

Fine.  I'll be on it (from a distance)
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Eye have a question   Eye have a question EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 12:05 pm

Not even sure of the pm's on this thing, but it's Taurstine reseach lab in Kentucky.  I don't think my brother lives there anymore, but is rather in Washington state.  Still, like I said he's an amazing jerk.  :)http://www.taustineeyecenter.com

Please let me know if I can help.  He has no bedside manner!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eye have a question   Eye have a question Empty

Back to top Go down

Eye have a question
Page 1 of 1