Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Neko is safe and sound in Florida

Go down 
+4
Eric
hallmarkgrad
Joanimaroni
Melissa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Neko is safe and sound in Florida Empty
PostSubject: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:43 am

I started to post a shout-out to Neko yesterday, because I haven't seen her in a few days. She's now safe, sound and living in Florida again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 8:49 am

cheerscheerscheers Back home at last.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:25 am

Welcome home!!!!!!
Neko is safe and sound in Florida 35kihdu
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:53 am

Awesome Hallmark.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 10:59 am

Downtown   Not far from  Wall South  Shot of the bridge.  From one my early mornings rides.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:04 am

Posted before but I like these from the Bayou Chico bridge

Neko is safe and sound in Florida 6r0k6h

Neko is safe and sound in Florida 2z7nat3
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 11:08 am

I love the picturesque waterfront shots.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 1:46 pm

Neko, what town are you living in now?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyFri Jun 21, 2013 5:57 pm

Welcome home, Neko! Can't wait to hear from you again, lady... hope the move went as smoothly as possible. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 5:51 am

Thank you, Melissa and everyone.  Beautiful pictures, Hallmark. 

I am in Orange Park, FL, outside Jacksonville.   It's been a long, long month.  There were times I wondered if we were doing the right thing.  We were in Huntsville, which is a very nice area.  Loved our house there, loved our neighborhood,  loved being close to Tenn.  Hubby had a good job.  I had my part time job which was just enough to get me out of the house a few hours a week and the extra income was nice, with our youngest being in college.  But the winters up there--I didn't love so much.  And the kids have both been in Northeast Florida for the last several years.  So when the opportunity came up for hubby to take a job here in Jax,  when most DOD agencies are under a hiring freeze--- well, it just seemed to be a sign that it was the right move for us to make.  So now for the first time in over 10 years, hubby and I and the kids all live within an hour's drive of each other.   Of course, that could change, because you never know what the kids are going to do or where they will go. But I guess of all the places we've lived with the kids over the years, they must consider this area to be most like "home" for them.   Because they both gravitated back to this area as young adults.  

So now with this move, I have a remodeling project to undertake.  The house here needs a new roof, a new kitchen, new flooring in all the bedrooms,  old wallpaper stripped off, new paint throughout.  This 1970s house just needs updating in almost every way. So this is my project in the coming months.  That, and getting to spend more time with my kids.  Smile
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 8:24 am

Sounds like a lot of fun since you aren't pressured for time. Jax is a great place for being centrally located to so much. It also sounds like you have a cheap work crew close by! Love moving hope this has been a good one.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 10:24 am

Welcome home, dear Neko.  

It is funny how many things you really don't need until you move.  If you're like me, there will be boxes of stuff stowed away a year after a move.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 11:18 am

I moved into the house in 2008 and still have a few boxes that were never opened..  LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptySun Jun 23, 2013 12:19 pm

Jake and Eric, we always have boxes that we open to see what's in them...and then just leave them be.  And then I wonder why we haul that stuff around with us, move after move, if we never even unpack it! 

We like Northeast FL.  Jax has its share of bad about it, but it has good things too.  It's a large enough city that there is pretty much something for everyone.   I found Huntsville a little small to my liking.  But like my husband says about me...I want to live in the country but I want to have big city conveniences/entertainment/activities close by.  There is some truth to that!
Back to top Go down
stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 6:24 am

I like Jax...welcome my lady!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 8:11 am

HG, can I use that Chico sunrise pic at the top of the forum?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 10:43 am

I have so many boxes.  One of the cats is still scared to death.  She fits the term "scaredy cat" very well. Oh well, I guess she'll get used to being here.   Until the roofers start pounding on the roof.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 10:47 am

We had a cat for 18 years and she hated traveling.  We had to keep her in her cage and she made unhappy noises the whole time.

Thankfully, we would put her in her new home and she would adapt pretty quickly.  We wouldn't let her go outside for a few days, just to make sure she adapted to "home".
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyMon Jun 24, 2013 11:40 am

Eric wrote:
HG, can I use that Chico sunrise pic at the top of the forum?
Please do.  Thanks    You just made my day:cheers:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 8:13 am

That picture looks great at the top of the forum. Smile

OK, so I'm surrounded by boxes and furniture that really won't fit in this house, but here are a couple of photos of our back yard here.  I missed the old oaks when we were in Huntsville.

Neko is safe and sound in Florida 100_0410

Neko is safe and sound in Florida 100_0411
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 9:11 am

Healthy elephant ears!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida EmptyTue Jun 25, 2013 9:38 am

Yep.  And ferns, lol.  Hubby went crazy with the ferns when we lived here before so there are ferns all around the yard.  They like the shade under the oaks.    Of course, he's always looking for plants to go places so that he doesn't have to mow.   He's going to need a lawn mower here, something he didn't have in Huntsville.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Neko is safe and sound in Florida   Neko is safe and sound in Florida Empty

Back to top Go down

Neko is safe and sound in Florida
Page 1 of 1