Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents Empty
PostSubject: Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents   Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:28 am

I read on PNJ online yesterday that Escambia county (in both Florida and Alabama) participate in the National Association of Counties' prescription discount program. Being newly retired and without insurance, I decided to research it, especially since the PNJ provided no information about how or where to get the card. They didn't even provide the website.

All you have to do is go to nacorx.org, sign up, and print your card online. I printed mine yesterday.

This was serendipitous for me. I had a doctor's appointment yesterday, to include refills on my medications. This discount card provided an average of $15.00 off each generic prescription I filled. I saved nearly $40.00 on one prescription alone.

This card can't be used in conjunction with regular insurance or Medicare unless the medication is not covered by either one. In that case, the card can be used for that one medication. 

For the uninsured, taking a few minutes to sign up and print the card is well worth it!

If anyone desires information on any other free prescription discount cards in Florida, I'm your go-to person. Just PM me or post here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents   Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 8:45 am

So, how does this work?  Does Escambia County pay the difference?  The druggist eat the discount?
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents   Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:36 am

Eric, I don't know how it works. I'll research it and let you know.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents   Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 10:40 am

I got one a year or so ago....I use CVS and the card saves you a lot of money. If you check at your pharmacy there are many discounts cards....some pay more than others. Ask for the card that pays the most.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents   Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 3:46 pm

Joani, I have four discount cards on file at Walgreen's now. They do take the time to find out which card provides the best discount. Today, the Escambia county discount card topped the others.

I am so relieved by this....! I can easily save $100.00 a month or more on prescriptions.

Also, there is a lab called ProHealth up on Summit Boulevard that takes and processes labs at a deep discount to those who are uninsured. The approximate cost of each test or test panel is provided on the test request, so there are few surprises. I'll be able to get all of my labs (including a HgbA1C) for less than $100.00.

I won't be paying much more for my basic health care needs than I was when I had insurance, if you consider the cost of the insurance. Mine was $170.00 a month, plus some hefty co-pays. And I do mean hefty:  $500.00 for a colonoscopy and $500.00 for an endoscopy. I'm still ticked off at my prior employer about that - I was led to believe there would be no co-pay at the Endoscopy Center, since it is owned by Sacred Heart and Baptist physicians. I found out after I got the bills that the benefits office was wrong.

I should have saved the money I paid for insurance and put it in one of those tax free plans to be used for health care purposes. Can't recall the name of it.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents   Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents EmptyFri Jun 14, 2013 6:20 pm

It's a mess....my youngest daughter and her husband have a private family insurance policy with a $5,000 deductible per year.

Medicare offers a free colonoscopy it may be free but you still have to pay the anesthesia bill, pathology, and facility fees.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents   Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 9:55 am

My employer-provided insurance underwent a major change this past year. Since January, employees had to use the services affiliated with one hospital or pay a huge copay. If a person had to be hospitalized out of town, well, too bad. The copay for that could drive a person to file medical bankruptcy.

Fortunately for me, I had my chassis checked out during the three weeks of FMLA I had to take in February. I had all the necessary tests done, so I'm good to go for at least another year. Very Happy

I've lived without insurance before, so I wasn't overly worried. What I didn't know about was the new services provided for the uninsured right here in Pensacola! I recalculated the discounts on the four prescriptions I filled. The discount comes to a little over $80.00, so I paid only $103.00 for all four prescriptions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents   Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents Empty

Back to top Go down

Prescription discount card for Escambia County residents
Page 1 of 1