Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Studer Group

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 6:13 am

Question?.. Would any one choose that I not post about Mr Studer? If so I will refrain from doing so. I respect all of you and in no way do I ever want to post any thing that might be departmental to our forum.

From the PNJ

Doctor discontent

A recent in-house survey shows, for the first time, at Sacred Heart, a high level of physician dissatisfaction

Employees were told at their town hall meeting that administrators were concerned the discontent has caused doctors to take patients to other hospitals.

“I would say at Sacred Heart we have a better opportunity to partner with physicians,” Eaton said, responding to the criticism. “Sometimes, we didn’t do as good a job including the patient and physician’s voices in making our decisions.”

Sacred Heart also will continue to work with the Studer Group, a Gulf Breeze-based health-care consultant that works to improve patient and staff satisfaction. On Friday, Studer Group founder Quint Studer gave a long-scheduled talk to some Sacred Heart doctors and staff
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:01 am

Question?.. Would any one choose that I not post about Mr Studer?

Nope...this is what the forum is for. Post your comments.

Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:10 am

Absolutely. Post to your widdle heart's content.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:20 am

Go for it!

I think it's intriguing that the Studer Group is now working with Sacred Heart Hospital. Bet Baptist doesn't much care for this.....after all, Studer was their golden boy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:22 am

Melissa (PB) wrote:
Go for it!

I think it's intriguing that the Studer Group is now working with Sacred Heart Hospital. Bet Baptist doesn't much care for this.....after all, Studer was their golden boy.

From Baptists point of view, they may be glad he does. LOL....Sacred Heart, a high level of physician dissatisfaction
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:37 am

I think the physician dissatisfaction was before Sacred enlisted the Studer Group, Hallmark.

Studer did do wonders for Baptist Hospital, but even today some of his actions are looked upon poorly by at least one national nursing group. The Studer group started the concept of "nurse scripting", in which a nurse is expected to function and respond like a telemarketer selling a product. I have an excellent article specifically about the Studer Group's teachings filed away in one of my nursing magazines....I'll see if I can track it down later.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:46 am

I think the physician dissatisfaction was before Sacred enlisted the Studer Group, Hallmark

Thats OK. I use very few actual facts in my posts. LOL
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:00 am

Baptist dropped all mention of Studer after he left. I have always wondered about the circumstances. Now, it's as if he never existed. All of the credit goes to Al Stubblefield.

Baptist is like that, doncha' know. Look at what happened with Dr. David Smith in Jay.
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:07 am

A few years ago I remember Baptist wanted to shut down the Westside unit and converge with West Florida. Was Studer involved in that deal?
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:14 am

From North Escambia.com
Baptist Hospital To Buy West Florida Hospital; Move To Davis Highway
June 27, 2008

Baptist Healthcare has announced the purchase of West Florida Hospital for $245 million. Another $85 million will be spent to upgrade the hospital’s facilities.
Baptist Hospital will move their complete acute care hospital and emergency room to the West Florida Hospital campus on Davis Highway.
“This acquisition will enhance the best of both organizations and provides for expansion of our services to meet the needs of our patients and the community,” stated Al Stubblefield, President/CEO of Baptist Health Care. “We know the acquisition of West Florida Hospital will allow us to continue our high standard of personal care while expanding services to serve the entire Northwest Florida region.”
After the West Florida purchase, Baptist Hospital’s main campus will continue to operate as a full service outpatient facility offering walk-in urgent care services, diagnostic and imaging services, ambulatory services, physician offices and corporate management offices. The combined inpatient psychiatric services currently at Baptist Hospital and West Florida Hospitals will be housed at the Baptist Behavioral Medicine Hospital at the old hospital location.
Once the purchase is complete, the current West Florida Hospital on Davis Highway will become the new Baptist Hospital, and together with Baptist Medical Park – 9 Mile, will give Baptist Health Care a major presence in north Pensacola. The campus will feature comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care plus services such as an expanded Baptist Cancer Center in affiliation with the Moffitt Cancer Institute; Baptist Neurosciences Center complemented by a rehab hospital for neurologic and orthopaedic conditions; Baptist Heart & Vascular Center of Excellence; and an expanded Emergency Department. The new Baptist Hospital also will offer a new parking garage, new physician office buildings and a heliport for LifeFlight.
Additionally, Baptist Health Care will assume the current West Florida Hospital Primary Care Practices, which will increase access and outreach to the community. The addition of West Florida Hospital Primary Care Practices (nine neighborhood medical centers) to Baptist Health Care affiliated and employed physicians will expand Baptist Health Care primary care locations throughout the community.
“This acquisition will allow Baptist Health Care to continue to be at the forefront of health care excellence in Northwest Florida. With the help of our outstanding doctors and staff, we are revolutionizing health care in Pensacola,” Stubblefield said.
The asset purchase agreement was between the two hospitals was signed Wednesday night. They must now file for approval from the Federal Trade Commission. Baptist officials say they hope the purchase agreement will close in the last quarter of 2008.
Closer to North Escambia, Baptist also operates Atmore Community Hospital, Jay Hospital, the Century Family Practice and Lakeview Center in Century.
More information for the community as well as the staff and employees is available at www.bhcexpansion.org
Pictured above: Artist rendering of the new cancer center to be located at the new locations of Baptist Hospital on Davis Highway.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 9:46 am

Melissa (PB) wrote:
I think the physician dissatisfaction was before Sacred enlisted the Studer Group, Hallmark.

Studer did do wonders for Baptist Hospital, but even today some of his actions are looked upon poorly by at least one national nursing group. The Studer group started the concept of "nurse scripting", in which a nurse is expected to function and respond like a telemarketer selling a product. I have an excellent article specifically about the Studer Group's teachings filed away in one of my nursing magazines....I'll see if I can track it down later.

A big negative in nursing, in my little pea-brain opinion, was the change from nurse leadership to nurse management . You lead people and manage things. It caused a divide with a focus on the business aspect rather than patient care.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:21 am

Hallmark, Baptist couldn't get the financing for the WFH takeover. They were trying up until the last day of December in '08, if I recall.

I think that was a very good thing. No single hospital system should own the entire community!
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:25 am

[quote="Joanimaroni"

A big negative in nursing, in my little pea-brain opinion, was the change from nurse leadership to nurse management . You lead people and manage things. It caused a divide with a focus on the business aspect rather than patient care.[/quote]

First, you don't have a pea brain. Laughing

Second, you are sooooo right. Nursing isn't nursing anymore. It's all about business, particularly exposure to liability, cost savings and "patient satisfaction." Who cares if a patient dies from a clot in his lung because he didn't get out of bed after surgery or refused to wear compression stockings. I mean, as long as he was happy while in the was in the hospital. And as long as the mean, old nurse who tried to get him up and moving got fired for upsetting said patient. That is ALL that matters these days.

I was so, so sick of it.

EDIT: Retirement is a wondrous thing. I've waited for years until the day I could start to speak out.

Last edited by Melissa (PB) on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:30 am

I can't find that magazine article about the Studer Group right now. I do recall that nurses who didn't use the script were at risk for termination.

I was so angry when I read that article. I have to wonder if nurses these days possess any cajones at all. There is no way in hell I would have adhered to the ridiculous scripts. I would have felt like a programmed robot. Or nursebot.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:33 am

I am glad it didn't come to fruition. Competition has it's checks and balances.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:53 am

I think any local issue would be of interest to most members on here.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 2:08 pm

Melissa (PB) wrote:
[quote="Joanimaroni"

A big negative in nursing, in my little pea-brain opinion, was the change from nurse leadership to nurse management . You lead people and manage things. It caused a divide with a focus on the business aspect rather than patient care.

First, you don't have a pea brain. Laughing

Second, you are sooooo right. Nursing isn't nursing anymore. It's all about business, particularly exposure to liability, cost savings and "patient satisfaction." Who cares if a patient dies from a clot in his lung because he didn't get out of bed after surgery or refused to wear compression stockings. I mean, as long as he was happy while in the was in the hospital. And as long as the mean, old nurse who tried to get him up and moving got fired for upsetting said patient. That is ALL that matters these days.

I was so, so sick of it.

EDIT: Retirement is a wondrous thing. I've waited for years until the day I could start to speak out. [/quote]

I was always a patient advocate....that can cause teenie weenie upsets with "management" Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Studer Group Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studer Group   Studer Group Empty

Back to top Go down

Studer Group
Page 1 of 1