Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
riceme

riceme

Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009   Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 5:17 pm

This is about my dear friend and school-mate Major Jason E. George. I wear his bracelet every day to remind me of him, all of our servicemembers -- both living and those who gave all -- and to try to be a better person each day of my life.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/spencer-kympton/a-living-memorial_b_3337303.html
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009   Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 5:45 pm

Major Jason E. George
Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009 2013-05-25-jasongeorge

Rest In Peace
Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009 Hands210
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Surfnrg

Surfnrg

PostSubject: Re: Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009   Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 6:27 pm

Such hearts--ah me, how many!--were stilled twenty years ago; and to us who remain behind is left this day of memories. Every year--in the full tide of spring, at the height of the symphony of flowers and love and life--there comes a pause, and through the silence we hear the lonely pipe of death. Year after year lovers wandering under the apple trees and through the clover and deep grass are surprised with sudden tears as they see black veiled figures stealing through the morning to a soldier's grave. Year after year the comrades of the dead follow, with public honor, procession and commemorative flags and funeral march--honor and grief from us who stand almost alone, and have seen the best and noblest of our generation pass away.

But grief is not the end of all. I seem to hear the funeral march become a paean. I see beyond the forest the moving banners of a hidden column. Our dead brothers still live for us, and bid us think of life, not death--of life to which in their youth they lent the passion and joy of the spring. As I listen , the great chorus of life and joy begins again, and amid the awful orchestra of seen and unseen powers and destinies of good and evil our trumpets sound once more a note of daring, hope, and will.

Oliver wendell holmes

Memorial day speech excerpt 1884
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009   Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Very good...
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009   Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 7:35 pm

Thanks for posting that, Eric... I wanted to do it myself, but am not at home and posted from my Droid.

Very nice post, www ... thank you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009   Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009 EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:05 pm

Very nice, Riceme. I know that you miss him very much.
Back to top Go down
Melissa
Admin
Melissa

PostSubject: Re: Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009   Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009 EmptyTue May 28, 2013 6:11 am

Beautiful, Riceme. Thank you for sharing this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ouroasis.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009   Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009 Empty

Back to top Go down

Huffington Post tribute to my dear friend, Major Jason E George, KIA 21 May 2009
Page 1 of 1