Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pensacola Gets a 3 on the Crime Index

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

Pensacola Gets a 3 on the Crime Index Empty
PostSubject: Pensacola Gets a 3 on the Crime Index   Pensacola Gets a 3 on the Crime Index EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:45 pm

out of 100! According to Neighborhood Scout.

Then I realized it meant that only 3% of cities across the country scored lower. No wonder this place is armed to the teeth.

But hey, it's the "Upside of Florida"!
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Pensacola Gets a 3 on the Crime Index   Pensacola Gets a 3 on the Crime Index EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:56 pm

I have a couple of ankle biters that will keep intruders busy until I get a round in the chamber.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net

PostSubject: Re: Pensacola Gets a 3 on the Crime Index   Pensacola Gets a 3 on the Crime Index EmptySat May 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Makes me sad. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Pensacola Gets a 3 on the Crime Index   Pensacola Gets a 3 on the Crime Index EmptySun May 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Is it the judges that let them go with a slap on the hand or the judges that let their parents go with a slap on the hand?????
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Pensacola Gets a 3 on the Crime Index   Pensacola Gets a 3 on the Crime Index EmptySun May 12, 2013 5:50 pm

I don't profess to know what's wrong with our criminal justice system but our system must be broken.

wikipedia shows: The incarceration rate in the United States of America is the highest in the world today. As of 2009, the incarceration rate was 743 per 100,000 of national population (0.743%). In comparison, Russia had the second highest, at 577 per 100,000, Canada was 123rd in the world at 117 per 100,000, and China had 120 per 100,000.

While Americans represent about 5 percent of the world's population, nearly one-quarter of the entire world's inmates have been incarcerated in the United States in recent years. Imprisonment of America's 2.3 million prisoners, costing $24,000 per inmate per year, and $5.1 billion in new prison construction, consumes $60.3 billion in budget expenditures.

Throwing the book at defendants must be happening a lot in the US... and it doesn't seem to be doing much good. Sigh!
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pensacola Gets a 3 on the Crime Index   Pensacola Gets a 3 on the Crime Index Empty

Back to top Go down

Pensacola Gets a 3 on the Crime Index
Page 1 of 1