Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Video of Airplane Crash

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Video of Airplane Crash Empty
PostSubject: Video of Airplane Crash   Video of Airplane Crash EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:00 pm

A civilian cargo plane crash at Bagram Air Field north of Kabul in Afghanistan has killed seven people.

Warning... F-bomb muttered

From LivelLeak.com http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c32_1367332518
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Video of Airplane Crash   Video of Airplane Crash EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:03 pm

A civilian cargo plane crashed shortly after taking off from the sprawling US Bagram airbase in Afghanistan with the Taliban claiming responsibility for “shooting down” the jet.
Thanks to LL User http://www.liveleak.com/c/cgarcia1125 for the footage posted on his YT channel.

But a Nato spokesman later denied any Taliban involvement, adding that the 20-year-old Boeing 747 had come down within the boundaries of the US base near the capital of Kabul.

Witnesses said the National Air Cargo-operated plane had reached an altitude of 1,300ft before “falling out of the sky”. According to the Aviation Safety Network, which carries incident reports from all registered jets, the plane had taken off from Bagram’s single concrete runway and “attained a very steep nose-up attitude” immediately after take-off.

The incident report said: “It rolled left and right and entered a stall, descending toward the ground until it struck the ground near the end of the runway.”

Flight radar tracking websites shows the jet flying into Afghanistan from Châteauroux in France on Monday. Before that it was in Salt Lake City, Utah.

“We did lose all seven crew members” said a spokeswoman for Florida-based National Air Cargo.

The Taliban’s claims of responsibility were denied by Nato which said there had been no reports of militant activity in or around the base at the time.

National Air Cargo Boeing 747-400 freighter on behalf of US Mobility Command, registration N949CA performing cargo flight N8-102 from Bagram (Afghanistan) to Dubai Al Maktoum (United Arab Emirates) with 8 crew and cargo consisting of 5 military vehicles, has crashed shortly after
takeoff from Bagram Air Base's runway 03 and erupted into flames near the end of the runway within the perimeter of the Air Base.

Rescue and Recovery efforts are under way, the Air Base is currently locked down and the aerodrome is closed.

National Air Cargo confirmed their aircraft N949CA with 8 crew crashed at Bagram.

According to a listener on frequency the crew reported the aircraft stalled due to a possible load shift. The aircraft was carrying 5 military vehicles.

National Air Cargo operates three Boeing 747-400s with the registrations N952CA,
N919CA and N949CA. N949CA operated into Afghanistan yesterday (Apr 28th).
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Video of Airplane Crash   Video of Airplane Crash EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:40 pm

It it a miracle that one of the crew could have survived that disaster.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Video of Airplane Crash   Video of Airplane Crash EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:55 pm

Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:

Huh? I thought that all of the crew died. There seemed to be an error in the number of crew on board (7 one time quoted, 8 another).
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Video of Airplane Crash   Video of Airplane Crash EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:13 pm

The video is already down. :-(
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Video of Airplane Crash   Video of Airplane Crash EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Eric wrote:
Ghost_Rider1949 wrote:

Huh? I thought that all of the crew died. There seemed to be an error in the number of crew on board (7 one time quoted, 8 another).

That's what I thought also. But all the articles that I read said there were 8 crew members on board. So beats me what is fact and what is fiction.
Back to top Go down
Ghost Rider
Admin
Ghost Rider

PostSubject: Re: Video of Airplane Crash   Video of Airplane Crash EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:26 pm

Jake92 wrote:
The video is already down. :-(

Try this link Jake. I just watched the video again at this link.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c32_1367332518

But the video that Eric posted first, it also still works.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Video of Airplane Crash   Video of Airplane Crash EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:52 pm

Thank you Ghost..
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Video of Airplane Crash   Video of Airplane Crash EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:01 pm

I am not using the Forum video button... but using the embed code that many video sites use. It didn't load for me once, but I hit "refresh" and it loaded. Maybe the server was busy... I dunno.
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Video of Airplane Crash   Video of Airplane Crash EmptyThu May 09, 2013 8:40 pm

Nobody survived. The people I know who fly these say it looks like it was a problem with the cargo...shifting, underestimated weight...

In examination you can tell they are starting to pull it out. A horrific scene. None of the crew survived.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Video of Airplane Crash   Video of Airplane Crash Empty

Back to top Go down

Video of Airplane Crash
Page 1 of 1