Everyday Pensacola
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Everyday Pensacola

A place to discuss Pensacola, Florida area topics as well as the rest of the nation/world. To write a post, you must register and log in.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train

Go down 
+2
Jake92
Eric
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Eric

Eric

Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train Empty
PostSubject: Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train   Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:51 am

Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train Bilde?Site=DP&Date=20130327&Category=NEWS01&ArtNo=130327003&Ref=AR&MaxW=640&Border=0&Vigil-planned-woman-killed-by-oncoming-train

Quote :
Pensacola Police investigate the scene in the East Pensacola Heights neighborhood where a woman was struck and killed by a train after reportedly trying to get her dog off the tracks Monday. The incident occurred around 4:15 p.m. in the 200 block of Chipley Avenue. Witnesses told police the woman was chasing her dog trying to get it off the tracks from an on-coming train. The dog escaped but the train was unable to stop before striking the woman. / News Journal file photo

Okay, call me insensitive, but why does this crap happen? The dog had sense enough to not get hit by the train... what about the woman?

The only thing I can think of that is half-way logical is that she tripped and fell on the tracks.

What a waste... and a tragedy... 22 years old. Had her whole life ahead of her.
Back to top Go down
http://ericericson.net
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train   Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 10:59 am

Kids get hit by cars when they are chasing a ball or dog that went into the street. Is it the drivers fault or the kids for being in the road??
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train   Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:45 am

Jake92 wrote:
Kids get hit by cars when they are chasing a ball or dog that went into the street. Is it the drivers fault or the kids for being in the road??

What's your point?

It is the kid's fault if it ran out from behind a parked car or was immediately behind a ball or a dog. It is the driver's fault if they had plenty of time to stop... or were distracted by a radio or a cell phone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train   Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 11:53 am

No dog is worth a human's life. Unless we're talking about a Ted Bundy type of person.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train   Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 3:33 pm

You can not put animal life above human life.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train   Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 7:53 pm

NO point Eric.....
I'm sorry she was hit by the train... I feel sorry for her family, but lots of other people get hit too....
Back to top Go down
hallmarkgrad

hallmarkgrad

PostSubject: Re: Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train   Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 8:08 pm

Makes me very sad. My daughter might have done the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Eric

Eric

PostSubject: Re: Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train   Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 10:15 am

Jake92 wrote:
NO point Eric.....
I'm sorry she was hit by the train... I feel sorry for her family, but lots of other people get hit too....

It was sad that she died trying to save her dog. I just find it hard to understand why this happened.

I love my dogs to death (no pun intended), but I wouldn't give up my life trying to save one from getting hit by a train. Now, if it was one of my kids... that's another thing.
Back to top Go down
Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PostSubject: Re: Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train   Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 5:41 pm

In GB yesterday a man in his 60's was walking with his daughter.....He was hit and killed by one of two cars drag racing (80mph) on a residential road. The drag-racers were teens.
Back to top Go down
Jake92

PostSubject: Re: Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train   Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 7:00 pm

I hope mommy and daddy can't buy them out of jail for many years....
Back to top Go down
SheSurfs

SheSurfs

PostSubject: Re: Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train   Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 7:19 pm

You all are species-centric.

I know a lot of animals that are better at being their species than a lot of humans are at theirs. Just read the PNJ regularly.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train   Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 7:31 pm

Yes, I admit that I put humans way above all others.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train   Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 9:44 pm

What a terribly tragic, sad story. Shoot, the way I felt about my sweet, sweet Kitty who was killed last summer... while I am normally calm in emergency situations, I can imagine that I might have done the same thing. If I had a moment to think about it logically, I would know that Kitty (or Doggy, if I had one) would be smart enough to get out of the way in time, but my pets are like my family... I mean, when I saw Kitty dead in that bobcat's mouth, I screamed her name and instinctively chased it... as if I could catch it or do something about it if I'd been able to catch it... COMPLETELY illogical and irrational. A piece of me died when she was killed, just like when members of my human family have passed.
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train   Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:
In GB yesterday a man in his 60's was walking with his daughter.....He was hit and killed by one of two cars drag racing (80mph) on a residential road. The drag-racers were teens.

I echo Jake's sentiments. That's just terrible. So sad...
Back to top Go down
riceme

riceme

PostSubject: Re: Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train   Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 12:28 am

Sorta related... if only by subject of trains.

Wow. I had to work a couple 14-hour days and missed a few things... Just read the local news and saw that a couple days ago a man from a neighboring town (which translates to about 45-miles away, lol) was arrested for DUI in the hospital after he blew a stop sign, went through the barricade and his vehicle stopped on the railroad tracks. As I've mentioned before we get >40 freight trains run through here per day, so he did not have long to get it off the tracks, even if he had been conscious.

Fortunately for him, a passerby stopped and waved two flashlights in a criss-cross pattern in front of an oncoming freight train, whose engineer then pulled the brakes, although not in time to come to a full-stop. Train ended up "nudging" his car and shoved it off the tracks, but doing significant enough damage. Apparently the passerby did not have time to both pull the incapacitated drunk driver from the vehicle AND attempt to stop the train. Fortunately, the guy escaped with fairly minor injuries. And a DUI for his trouble.

Excellent reminder to NEVER, EVER drink and drive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train   Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train Empty

Back to top Go down

Vigil planned for woman killed by oncoming train
Page 1 of 1